What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Custom sound feature error report thread

Pages: (10): « First « 3 4 5 6 [ 7 ] 8 9 10 » Last »
Custom sound feature error report thread
Author: Message:
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
O.P. RE: Custom sound feature error report thread
JBinKC, can you reach http://sounds.msgplus.net/ ?

Custom sounds feature works on your co-workers pc? Have you tried shutting of the firewall? It may also have to do with your companies network..or the isp...it's hard to determine where the problem lies, certainly if you can do a ping/tracert.

Uploading sounds may cause troubles atm as the server might be full.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
09-07-2005 02:40 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
JBinKC

RE: Custom sound feature error report thread
quote:
JBinKC, can you reach http://sounds.msgplus.net/ ?

Custom sounds feature works on your co-workers pc? Have you tried shutting of the firewall? It may also have to do with your companies network..or the isp...it's hard to determine where the problem lies, certainly if you can do a ping/tracert.

Uploading sounds may cause troubles atm as the server might be full.

Yes, I can reach the sounds page.  Yes, the custom sounds work on my co-workers PC's.  I realize it is hard to diagnose without the ping or tracert but I am really struggling with what I can do.  I wouldn't think it would be a firewall or network issue due to my coworkers having no problems.  This is why I am looking for a possible setting outside of MSNM.  I would assume it uses Windows Media Player as a foundation to run sounds...so is there a setting there I can try.  Possibly the codecs?
09-07-2005 02:50 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by JBinKC
Yes, I can reach the sounds page.  Yes, the custom sounds work on my co-workers PC's.  I realize it is hard to diagnose without the ping or tracert but I am really struggling with what I can do.  I wouldn't think it would be a firewall or network issue due to my coworkers having no problems.  This is why I am looking for a possible setting outside of MSNM.  I would assume it uses Windows Media Player as a foundation to run sounds...so is there a setting there I can try.  Possibly the codecs?
Codecs hmm, you could indeed try if a reinstall of WMP 9 series works.
09-07-2005 02:54 PM
JBinKC

Of Course I don't have rights to do this.  How about getting my codecs updated?  It currently isn't set to update codecs and I have no clue how old the ones loaded are.  Any IE setting I could check?

Thanks for all your helps thus far.
09-07-2005 03:04 PM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
quote:
Of Course I don't have rights to do this.  How about getting my codecs updated?  It currently isn't set to update codecs and I have no clue how old the ones loaded are.  Any IE setting I could check?

Thanks for all your helps thus far.
If you can't install programs on your computer then i suppose you can't install codec packs either :(

If you can this one might help: K-Lite Codec Pack, go for the standard one ;)

Windowsupdate might be a good idea aswell, if possible in your case.

This post was edited on 09-07-2005 at 03:16 PM by Sunshine.
09-07-2005 03:13 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Custom sound feature error report thread
quote:
I wouldn't think it would be a firewall or network issue due to my coworkers having no problems.  This is why I am looking for a possible setting outside of MSNM.
if you mean by "coworkers" your coworkers PC's then the firewall can still be an issue. Firewall and internet settings are per PC. It might be well possible that the firewall and internet settings on your PC differ (or are stricter) than those on your coworker PC's...

btw, all this is "outside msnm". The custom sounds have nothing to do with msn messenger, it is a pure Messenger Plus! feature. ;)

quote:
I would assume it uses Windows Media Player as a foundation to run sounds...so is there a setting there I can try.  Possibly the codecs?
There are no special codecs required for the custom sounds; it should run fine on the standard installed codecs of Windows.

See if you can play an MP3 file in Windows Media Player. If you can then you can also play custom sounds (not that custom sounds use Windows Media Player (because they don't), but with this you can check Windows and its ability to play MP3/waves; so just to rule that out).

------------

I should realy advise to try the tracert and ping though.

This post was edited on 09-08-2005 at 04:45 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
09-07-2005 04:54 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
JBinKC

I ran the ping and tracert.  However due to not being able to mark the objects I only have print screens and can't capture them to paste them here.  Can I send a PM to somebody with them attached as a pdf?
09-07-2005 06:35 PM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
quote:
I ran the ping and tracert.  However due to not being able to mark the objects I only have print screens and can't capture them to paste them here.  Can I send a PM to somebody with them attached as a pdf?
You can upload the pictures to f.e Imageshack and post the links here. I don't know if imageshack will work with a pdf though. You can also attach files to your post ;)
09-07-2005 06:39 PM
JBinKC

Attaching sounds easier....but it will not let me attach a pdf or xls file. So here is a doc file.

This post was edited on 09-07-2005 at 07:18 PM by JBinKC.
09-07-2005 06:44 PM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
quote:
Attaching sounds easier....but it will not let me attach a pdf or xls file. So here is a doc file.
Hmm, why has the doc dissapeared (please re-attach, someone else might want to have a look at it incase i overlooked something)? I did have a look at it before though (not downloaded) and i don't see anything wrong in it..meaning no timeouts, i did not see if there were any package losses.

Have you tried it with shutting down the firewall yet (that is if you can turn it off)? Also have you tested if you can play mp3s, as Cookie suggested you to do?

This post was edited on 09-07-2005 at 08:32 PM by Sunshine.
09-07-2005 08:30 PM
Pages: (10): « First « 3 4 5 6 [ 7 ] 8 9 10 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: