What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » msn keeps logging out

Pages: (4): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 » Last »
msn keeps logging out
Author: Message:
antonjw

RE: msn keeps logging out
hi, i've been having the same problem on one pc but not on the other, on my home network.

in fact had a similar problem on my ex's pc, and the two problem pc's both had the same anti-spyware installed - ClamAV for Windows.

Which is excellent software, but I think it could be the cause, for me.  I've just disabled it's realtime scanning and its been ok for about 10 minutes, which is some going for this pc :S

So I think it could be your anti-spyware program - worth a look?

just to confirm, just been chatting for over half an hour after i made that change.  was definitely the problem.
04-18-2007 09:02 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
mummycool1

55 / Female / –
Thanks for that Antonjw, but I have no spyware running in real time. I run mine independantly every couple of weeks. I hope you've found the solution long term to your problem though.
04-19-2007 12:09 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
antonjw

RE: RE: msn keeps logging out
quote:
Originally posted by mummycool1
Thanks for that Antonjw, but I have no spyware running in real time. I run mine independantly every couple of weeks. I hope you've found the solution long term to your problem though.

Actually, it was Spyware Terminator that was the offending program - hope you have some luck finding the cause of the problem at your end - mine seems to be resolved now...
04-22-2007 04:04 AM
andyen2

does anyone know how to help me, my windows live messenger signs me out every 30 seconds!!! i can't actually go on msn anymore becuase there is no point!!
09-19-2007 07:49 PM
UKA-Rift

Hi all,

I have had exactly the same problem and due to another post which someone mentioned ZoneAlarm being the problem I have investigated and have found the following has worked (or has so far):

[list]
[/list]
Go into ZoneAlarm
Select IM Security
Select Settings Tab
Click on Advanced Box
Remove Tick from "Block IRC"
Click OK and sign-out of ZoneAlarm

I have no idea what IRC is but I did this about 15mins ago and have held a constant chat ever since without any failures  (here's hoping it lasts!!) .

Good Luck
Hold The Press ..........................

As per usual I was led into a false sense of security..............a while after posting it started failing again !!!!  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

Appologies for getting anyone's hopes up reading this.

Next step...............Zone Alarms coming off ...........
09-23-2007 10:00 PM
rick614

i been having the same problem, with YIM, Xfire, MSN Messanger, and yahoo game rooms, so im thinkin it may be a windows issue possibly :S but damn if anyone can figure it out, let me know!
10-16-2007 04:13 AM
jac333

Happy  RE: RE: msn keeps logging out
i am normally signed into 2 accounts for Messenger Plus live, have been  doing so for months now, for the last couple of days/week I cannot sign into 2nd account for longer than 5 seconds before the message appears "windows live messenger has encountered a problem & needs to close"! but there is no problem with my other account it remains signed in after windows live messenger has shut down the 2nd account.
I also run u tube & surf the net at the same time, the problem only occurs with messenger plus live, never a disruption to my other net services, after i log on, i cant even send a message, check emails or anything!!!! this is driving me insane!!!! please help me!!

This post was edited on 10-17-2007 at 03:36 AM by jac333.
10-17-2007 03:10 AM
richcoffee

I use Zonealarm and have the same issue as some others on this forum on MSN logging out every now and then. My MSN would also log me out when I commence a chat or when I have 2 chat windows running....

I have 2 notebooks on the net and on one I have Zonealarm and MSN and the other I have Norton Internet security. I don't seem to have any logging out issue with the notebook that has Norton.

It could be Zonealarm. So i have started trying out different configuration. I have tried turning off the encryption for IM and so far it is ok. ... for the last 15mins

I will let you all know if I have further success with this....
01-22-2008 10:40 AM
tally_f_king_ho

Are you running windows XP or Vista? I have 2 pc's next to each other 1 with XP and 1 with vista. I have never had a problem with MSN Messenger on the Vista PC, msn only logs me out on the XP pc yet they are connected to the same router, maybe it could be a compatability issue with the new version of messenger?

No idea if thats true - just a suggestion - if that helps or rings a bell with anyone I would also like to know whats causing it!!!
05-03-2008 09:31 PM
evul

my problem is the other way around...

a xp pc and a vista pc..... and just the vista pc keeps logging out and logging in. it's very annoying.

and it seems there's still no solution....
05-21-2008 06:35 PM
Pages: (4): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: