What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Announcements » Announcements & News » Archive » Suggestions needed!!

Pages: (18): « First « 9 10 11 12 [ 13 ] 14 15 16 17 » Last »
1 votes - 4 average   Suggestions needed!!
Author: Message:
two_cents_worth

I Am Canadian!

33 / Male / –
RE: Suggestions needed!!
i donno if this has been  suggested, but i was wondering if there is a way you can keep a font colour insted of puting
(657,657,000) infront of every text msg you say? so you can just go to your font colour changer and it will be there...something like light blue or something? if you no a way please e-mail me:
mattcam31@hotmail.com

thanks
05-25-2003 04:30 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
RaveRod

40 / Male / –
My Suggestions:

1. POP3 Popups Damnit! :P

2. Display preset number of lines from log file when initiating a chat again.

3. Autoresponder to certain words. Eg: someone types "website" and you autorespond by replying "http://www.somewebsite.com" (ability to configure own words of course).

4. MSNM v6.0 and WM v5.0 complete compatability.

5. Allow me on the alpha/beta testing again for the next version (i'm testing WM5 now :P). :P

6. Popups for contacts when they come back from being away or brb.

7. More sounds and ability to turn off certain ones :P

8. More emoticons for Plus! users.
05-25-2003 05:40 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
dj_vibeman

41 / Male / –
Cool  RE: Suggestions needed!!
well hmm...looks like im kinda late to post my ideas for the next MsgPLUS! lol...but the most important features i think the next version of plus should have are:

*** the most important*** have it work with msn6.0 (no brainer)
- ability to sign in and appear offline
- have log files redesigned and done in html format :D
- the ability to lock (not turn off) log files so ppl cant peep at your convo's when someone else comes on your comp.
- have plus check another hotmail/msn account for you so you dont have to sign in and out.
- it would be nice if you could customize the backround in the contacts window..kinda like what msn6 already has for the conversation windows.
- POP3 mail checker (already mentioned)
- Personalized away messages a must! (my favorite feature of plus)
- have it so you can have more then one msn running at once..kinda like the poligamy patch for msn 5.0

theres probably more to mention but i cant think of anymore right now...im sure they have already been posted anyways..I just wanted to include my input:P

DJ
05-25-2003 03:12 PM
skribb

– / Male / –
A veeerrrrrryyy good thing would be to allow several types of statuses, and no I do not mean Personalized Away, I mean in a typ of degree. For example:

-I'm reading important e-mails and I don't wanna be disturbed, so I use the Busy status.
-Let's say, my girl's over at my house, so I use the Very Busy status.

The same thing would ofcourse be for all statuses (ok not all of them) like: Online/Free for chat, Away/Far away(Away for long) Out To Lunch/Having Dinner/Having a Snack/Having a Romantic Supper

stuff like that :P it would totally rock my world Patchou, I'm telling you ;)

This post was edited on 05-25-2003 at 06:01 PM by skribb.
05-25-2003 05:59 PM
Barisko

RE: RE: Suggestions needed!!
quote:
Originally posted by skribb
A veeerrrrrryyy good thing would be to allow several types of statuses, and no I do not mean Personalized Away, I mean in a typ of degree. For example:

-I'm reading important e-mails and I don't wanna be disturbed, so I use the Busy status.
-Let's say, my girl's over at my house, so I use the Very Busy status.

The same thing would ofcourse be for all statuses (ok not all of them) like: Online/Free for chat, Away/Far away(Away for long) Out To Lunch/Having Dinner/Having a Snack/Having a Romantic Supper

stuff like that :P it would totally rock my world Patchou, I'm telling you ;)

custom status = not possible

end off story

05-25-2003 06:08 PM
skribb

– / Male / –
you chrushed my dreams :'(

that's too bad :(
05-25-2003 06:12 PM
Bishan

40 / Male / –
Ya know the message logging was my most imp feature of MP2! and i really need it badly ! Who the hell is gonna go saving each and every convo after its done ? and it was so cool coz after each month it made seperate folders so it was easy to find it by date !
i rilly need to save my convos with my GF and this message history in msn 6 SUX BIG tym !! coz it saves everyones messages and its rilly hard to choose each and every contact n del their convos, MP! did that too but at least it was ok to choose em all at once and just press del !!
But in Msn 6 that means having to go to message history everytym ! I hate doing that ! so like may i suggest with message logging already being a component of MP! can there be a seperate option where one can choose to save the messages of each seperate contact instead of all of them being saved everytime sumone messages me ? that way i can save a lot of HDD space and not hav to del the other useless saved convos after every week or so !and with that we culd stop using the msn 6 txt logging thingy for good ! Thanks ! if this has been said b4 then sorry i didnt see it ! but just posting my own thoughts !
~ The (@) Cultist ~
05-25-2003 07:43 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
tomfletcherman

35 / Male / –
i dont kno if ne1 has suggested this, but:

ppl go 4 msn 6 cos of its nu look, backgrounds nd emoticons, so y bother 2 rewrite plus wen sum1 could help by making a msn 5.0 skin th@ makes 5.0 look like 6.0, nd with skins u can laod all the emoticons u want aswell. so y change 2 6.0 if 5.0 has everything in? the games site can b written in by thr person making the skin, as well as backgrounds nd all of the emoticons nd make ur own. it would b perfect, but i dont kno how possible it is.
05-26-2003 07:59 AM
skribb

– / Male / –
Maybe you could write a little mor understandable?
05-26-2003 09:38 AM
lizard.boy
Veteran Member

33 / Male / Flag
what do u think is easier sumone rewriting the client or patchou rewrite sumthing that he knows like the back of his hand (he he)

[edit] i forgot my suggestions!
1 eggs like a pic of gfd or frasie
2 styling to match msn 6 or your client
3 better organisation for event logs
4 a tweak plus sort of thing built in (egg)

This post was edited on 05-28-2003 at 01:23 AM by lizard.boy.
05-28-2003 01:19 AM
Pages: (18): « First « 9 10 11 12 [ 13 ] 14 15 16 17 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: