What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Translation » Messenger Plus! Translator

Pages: (24): « First « 9 10 11 12 [ 13 ] 14 15 16 17 » Last »
4 votes - 5 average   Messenger Plus! Translator
Author: Message:
Zhasha

Lumiere-san

34 / Male / –
RE: Messenger Plus! Translator 1.2.24 - New Version
choli, how do u use the winXP style buttons, what kind of API do u use. im not very good at API :wall:

This post was edited on 04-07-2004 at 10:14 AM by Zhasha.
リュミエール様: おなネゴえネがんとに
04-07-2004 10:03 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Leif

81 / Male / –
Thanks Choli for the update! One problem less now!
But another one has cropped up:
From the line
ShareFiles=Share one of my files
in the section
[EnhancedPlusMenuChat]
Translator tells me that the line 'Share one of my files' and all the lines after that one are only present in my translation. Warning triangles with exclamation marks! But these lines are present in my translation and in the DefaultLg.dat. This only happens when I'm on Win98. WinXP is OK.
04-07-2004 02:06 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Zhasha

Lumiere-san

34 / Male / –
RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Translator 1.2.23 - New Version
quote:
Originally posted by Choli
Leif: Yep, Cookie is right (as always ;)) The best way to test non-usual dialogs is wih resource hacker because: (1st) i don't know what are the funtions inside Patchou's dll and how I should call then and (2nd) because how do i know which sections and which keys belong to what dialog/window/tooltip/menu etc...?
quote:
Originally posted by Leif
So that I can see if my translation fits into the available space.
you can get an idea looking at the character counters (and remember they give an aproximate number ('cause they count & as 1 char and \n, \r, %s, %d, etc as 2 chars))

quote:
Originally posted by Zhasha
all this translation is giving me a headache. think ill go make a control for vb6 that helps making multilanguage programs...
I think VB has stuff to do that (the repository or resources or something....)

quote:
Originally posted by _BassReFLeX_
Theres no better translator than Choli's
:blah!: thanks... In fact there's no other translator then mine so... it's the best :P

"I think VB has stuff to do that (the repository or resources or something....)"
i mean a control that lets you pick a language file, much like your translator. this coltrol just allows you to recieve arguments from the file. so its just the functions i used myself statically put into a .ocx
リュミエール様: おなネゴえネがんとに
04-07-2004 02:26 PM
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Messenger Plus! Translator 1.2.24 - New Version
quote:
Thanks Choli for the update! One problem less now!
But another one has cropped up:
From the line
ShareFiles=Share one of my files
in the section
[EnhancedPlusMenuChat]
Translator tells me that the line 'Share one of my files' and all the lines after that one are only present in my translation. Warning triangles with exclamation marks! But these lines are present in my translation and in the DefaultLg.dat. This only happens when I'm on Win98. WinXP is OK.
Stupid Win98 :wall:
I'll give it a try.... but send me your translation (if i don't have it :P) the defaultlg.dat is the one of mp3beta, right?
Messenger Plus! en espaņol:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
04-07-2004 03:37 PM
Leif

81 / Male / –
RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Translator 1.2.24 - New Version
quote:
Originally posted by Choli
but send me your translation (if i don't have it :P) the defaultlg.dat is the one of mp3beta, right?

Sent! And yes, it's the beta 3 one.
04-07-2004 04:35 PM
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
Stupid Win98 is driving me mad :lol:······:mipdodgy:
Well, again it wasn't my fault but Win98's :banana: It seems that Win98 doesn't accept INI files bigger than 65501 bytes (nearly 64 Kb). DefaultLg.dat is 66 Kb and Win98 only uses its first 65501 bytes. The rest are ignored. You can notice it if you select the key [EnhancedPlusMenuChat] > QuickText. You'll only see "Send a pre-" while the line is "Send a pre-recorded message". This is the 65501 bytes bound.

About the bug, it's still there. I can't do anything to fix it. Also the program wasn't done to work in 98 at the begining, when I though about doing it so I don't care very much if it doesn't work on Win9x:P Anyway, thanks for reporting the bug ;) (and feel free to continue reporting bugs)
04-07-2004 07:00 PM
Leif

81 / Male / –
No problem now on Win98. Getting rid of all the comments (lines with ; ) shrinked the file to under 60 kB.

This post was edited on 04-07-2004 at 10:47 PM by Leif.
04-07-2004 10:46 PM
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
quote:
No problem now on Win98. Getting rid of all the comments (lines with ; ) shrinked the file to under 60 kB.
that's the only way you'd be able to use it in win98, however be carefull and read the comments before deleting, because in some of them there are special instructions to be followed by translators (like don't translate this, etc...) ;)
04-07-2004 11:04 PM
KeyStorm
Elite Member

Inn-sewer-ants-pollie-sea

38 / Male / –
I was wondering if some suggestions could be done now we know the guidelines (I post them anyway :grin:):

- A third textbox to load the backup version (readonly)
- A little textfield or caption-frame to show comments (comments should appear in the tree to load them in the caption-frame, if a normal key is selected the current comment to the key/group is showed)
- A comment-cleaner for finishing the work, that leaves those three first lines.

Dunno If this is still possible (I wished I could code it myself :-/).

It would be great if you (Choli ;)) could still add all or some of these features :)

Edit (bug): Testing your current version I have noticed that all keys (I randomly took a look at groups) are marked with [Image: flecha.bmp].
Maybe it would be good to compare the content of the keys to see if the strings are the same (strings being longer than 5 chars, coz maybe shorter strings could be the same in both languages).

Edit (human-stupid-bug): I already migrated my lang file so it was obviously saying everything was alright :$. Well, the tool should compare the strings anyway and add the Backup, if needed to get recycleable keys :D.

This post was edited on 04-21-2004 at 08:46 PM by KeyStorm.
04-21-2004 08:12 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by KeyStorm
A third textbox to load the backup version (readonly)
you can open a new instance of the program
quote:
A little textfield or caption-frame to show comments (comments should appear in the tree to load them in the caption-frame, if a normal key is selected the current comment to the key/group is showed)
(already suggested.) I can't do that with the way the program reads the files (with special APIs). I know it'd be nice if the program shows comments, but it won't be in the next version (but maybe the next to the next...)
quote:
A comment-cleaner for finishing the work, that leaves those three first lines.
if you start translating a file from scratch, there won't be any comments... anyway, i can't add it due to the same reason as before 8well, i could but that's too much work for now)
quote:
Dunno If this is still possible (I wished I could code it myself ).

It would be great if you (Choli ) could still add all or some of these features
all that is possible, however some thing are hard to implement and/or take too much time :P
quote:
Edit (bug): Testing your current version I have noticed that all keys (I randomly took a look at groups) are marked with ->.
Edit (human-stupid-bug): I already migrated my lang file so it was obviously saying everything was alright
so it's ok, isn't it?
quote:
Maybe it would be good to compare the content of the keys to see if the strings are the same (strings being longer than 5 chars, coz maybe shorter strings could be the same in both languages).
Well, the tool should compare the strings anyway and add the Backup, if needed to get recycleable keys .
do you mean that I should mark as untranslated the keys that are the same in both files (and with 5+ chars)? well, maybe, but that isn't the main pourpose of the icons.. they're there just to show if a key is missing or not... well, it's supposed that when a key isn't translated, it isn't in the file (and the red X appears) and when it's in the file that means it's translated (green ->).... Anyway, my laziness doesn't let me add it :refuck:

Well, only one thing more: I'm working in that limitation of 64Kb of Win 9x/Me... Patchou told me some suggestions about how he does it in plus and as it seems that many translators use Win98, I've decided I'll fix it. Expect the new version in less that 48 hours. :)
04-21-2004 09:33 PM
Pages: (24): « First « 9 10 11 12 [ 13 ] 14 15 16 17 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites