What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Translation » Messenger Plus! Translator

Pages: (24): « First « 20 21 22 23 [ 24 ] Last »
4 votes - 5 average   Messenger Plus! Translator
Author: Message:
Arcticwolfx

Identity Unknown

112 / Female / Flag
RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Translator
quote:
Originally posted by kekani95
Hi, everyone, I downloaded yesterday the Translator. It worked fine, but it automatically changed my input language to english and I couldn't write my language letters, so I've deleted it. After that, it didn't change my input lang anymore and I was translating "not being annoyed anymore". Today I started to translate with the tool, but when I input the 2 files, it crashes. In the moment, my lang bar disappears and appears again. Is it crashing just because I deleted the English input language? :/

I'm clueless as to whether or not the removal of English Input language causes the program to crash. However, looking at your initial problem of the input language being changed to English, there's a Windows hotkey combination you can use to switch between input languages while in the program. It's Alt+Shift (left side). That way you should be able to have English input language installed and still be able to write in your own language.

This post was edited on 02-05-2011 at 12:57 PM by Arcticwolfx.
02-05-2011 12:57 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Messenger Plus! Translator
quote:
Hi, everyone, I downloaded yesterday the Translator. It worked fine, but it automatically changed my input language to english and I couldn't write my language letters, so I've deleted it. After that, it didn't change my input lang anymore and I was translating "not being annoyed anymore". Today I started to translate with the tool, but when I input the 2 files, it crashes. In the moment, my lang bar disappears and appears again. Is it crashing just because I deleted the English input language? :/
To clarify: are you realy talking about the Translator tool from Choli, which you have downloaded from this post:
Messenger Plus! Translator ?

Because at first I thought you were talking about something else, but now I'm in doubt. If you are talking about something else, say so, and the thread will be split to a more appropiate place. ;)

If you are talking about the Translator tool from Choli, than that shouldn't influence you Windows input language though.... (there is nothing in the program which manipulates the input language if I checked correctly)... So, maybe it could be that you accidently pressed the hotkey to switch input languages, like Arcticwolfx suggested?
PS: you can disable these language-switch hotkeys in Windows though. You actually don't need them either if you use the language bar in Windows.

And this said, if your native language is a western language or something you don't need multiple input languages. You can safely remove every other language you might have installed or enabled in that case. Of course, if you use languages like Arabic, Chinese, etc... and you also want to use the English keyboard, then yeah, you need multiple input languages I think.

The crashing... dunno... It never has crashed on me (and I have used it extensivly).

What windows version are you using btw?

PS: fyi, the Translation Tool from Choli is a very good tool, but it should also be used like that: like an additional tool. It shouldn't be used as the only single program to translate Messenger Plus! with!!! This is very important to know! To make a proper translation you do need to have the additional info in the original English translation file, which is not shown in the Translator Tool. In essence, the tool is excellent for checking for missing keys, redundant keys, etc, but not as the only tool to be used when translating.

This post was edited on 02-06-2011 at 03:50 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
02-05-2011 07:30 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Messenger Plus! Translator
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
there is nothing in the program which manipulates the input language if I checked correctly
that's correct. The only interaction of the program with the system, is reading and writting the translation files. The program does not change anything else (in particular, anything related with the keyboard settings).
Messenger Plus! en espaņol:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
02-05-2011 08:13 PM
kekani95

28 / Male / Flag
quote:
To clarify: are you realy talking about the Translator tool from Choli, which you have downloaded from this post:
Messenger Plus! Translator ?

Because at first I thought you were talking about something else, but now I'm in doubt. If you are talking about something else, say so, and the thread will be split to a more appropiate place.

If you are talking about the Translator tool from Choli, than that shouldn't influence you Windows input language though.... (there is nothing in the program which manipulates the input language if I checked correctly)... So, maybe it could be that you accidently pressed the hotkey to switch input languages, like Arcticwolfx suggested?
PS: you can disable these language-switch hotkeys in Windows though. You actually don't need them either if you use the language bar in Windows.

And this said, if your native language is a western language or something you don't need multiple input languages. You can safely remove every other language you might have installed or enabled in that case. Of course, if you use languages like Arabic, Chinese, etc... and you also want to use the English keyboard, then yeah, you need multiple input languages I think.

The crashing... dunno... It never has crashed on me (and I have used it extensivly).

What windows version are you using btw?

Yes, I am talking about the the Translator tool from Choli. I am using Windows 7 Ultimate. I've installed again the English input language, and it doesn't crash any more.  Now I have a new problem, when I write some letters from my language (ISO-8859-2) (some letters, like ž, not all),after save, I check it, and there aren't the letters I mentioned.
And it always changes the input language to English, so I just use hotkey. Anyway, thanks for help ;)

This post was edited on 02-11-2011 at 03:22 PM by kekani95.
02-11-2011 03:21 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
quote:
when I write some letters from my language (ISO-8859-2) (some letters, like ž, not all),after save, I check it, and there aren't the letters I mentioned.
where are not  there those letters? In the file (if you open it with notepad) or in the application?
quote:
some letters, like ž, not all
are those letters special in any way? what do they have in common (that the other letters don't have)?
02-11-2011 11:57 PM
kaiconan

– / Male / Flag
I've got translation problem.

I use MsgPlusTrans.exe to translate the *.ini file, but once I press save in the MsgPlusTrans.exe and select other section then go back the one I saved, it shows empty in the translated texts.

Which means I cannot edit it, just stay in blank(empty)

Does the problem common? or just me have this kind problem?

with windows 7 (32bits)
[Image: SignatureV2.gif]
08-17-2011 09:39 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by kaiconan
I've got translation problem.

I use MsgPlusTrans.exe to translate the *.ini file, but once I press save in the MsgPlusTrans.exe and select other section then go back the one I saved, it shows empty in the translated texts.

Which means I cannot edit it, just stay in blank(empty)

Does the problem common? or just me have this kind problem?

with windows 7 (32bits)
That shouldn't happen. One of the reasons I can think of why it happens is that the permission is not set correctly for the folder and/or file you're writing too (and the translator tool not showing an error message but simply 'ignoring' it). Since Windows Vista such stuff needs to be taken in account. So, make sure you (and thus the translator tool) have full reading and writing permissions. Although, I must say, this seems very unlikely to be the case because it should at least show the 'old' key then I suppose.

Can you check, after you pressed 'save', that the change has actually been saved? To do this you need to open the translation file with eg:Notepad after you've pressed 'save' and see if the change has been done.

Another reason might be that some files need to run the Translator tool aren't properly installed. I'm talking about the Visual Basic Runtime Libraries which you'd need. Although, if something wasn't properly installed I suppose the tool wouldn't run at all...

Or, maybe there is some incompatibility between the Translator tool and Chinese, although nobody has reported a similar problem before with such unicode languages.

This post was edited on 08-17-2011 at 10:05 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
08-17-2011 10:00 AM
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
quote:
That shouldn't happen. One of the reasons I can think of why it happens is that the permission is not set correctly for the folder and/or file you're writing too (and the translator tool not showing an error message but simply ignoring it). Since Windows Vista such stuff needs to be taken in account. So, make sure you (and thus the translator tool) have full reading and writing permissions.
That may be a reason, sure; but I can't understand why happens. When a section/key is selected, the translation tool reads the file. If it was able to read teh first time, why the second time (after writting) fails or reads empty? Either the tool has write premissions (in that case it should read the new written value) or the tool does not have write premissions (and in that case it should read the previous value).

Anyway, as Cookie said, please check with notepad if the file has been modified. :)
08-17-2011 10:07 AM
Pages: (24): « First « 20 21 22 23 [ 24 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites