What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Announcements » Announcements & News » Archive » Personal reactions to recent news

Pages: (9): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 6 » Last »
Personal reactions to recent news
Author: Message:
lylesback2
Veteran Member

[lylesback2]

38 / Male / –
RE: RE: RE: Personal reactions to recent news
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny_Mac
quote:
Originally posted by lylesback
aslong as it's free, do whatever the hell they want.  MSN 4.6 and below sucks anyways.  i don't think anyone uses it.  im converting my contact list to start using MSN messenger 6 anyways.  so doesn't effect my at all.

I dont understand this, is this an opinion about the users using it free? Kinda NIMBY approcach.

so what if microsoft is banning 4.6 and lower MSN's, nothing you can do about it.  whats gonna be done is gonna be done.  It's not your software to say "no don't ban this" it's microsofts, so let them do what there gonna do.  And also, it covers up alot of there mistakes... like people hacking peoples passwords, stealing IP's and alot of other programs are now useless.
<skanky>lylesback2</lanky>
3 days, 4 hours, 2 minutes, 56 seconds till the end of the world

09-15-2003 03:55 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Stigmata
Veteran Member

20 / Other / Flag
RE: Personal reactions to recent news
why oh why oh why does it have to be about the money nower-days cant we just have fun talking to friends......if you had all lisened to me when i was 5 this would of never got so commershal....................note the spelling, remember i was 5. lol
09-15-2003 06:19 PM
user2319
Disabled Account

Patchou is right, but I think that M$ also plans on giving new MSN messenger versions away only if you buy one of their products (like with IE) or if you pay some $$$.. they'll do that as soon as ICQ and AIM and so on are dead. But then we get Trillian and GAIM, and they also use the MSN network, but also ICQ and AIM and YIM... which is hard for M$ to fight.. But as Patchou said, they have all rights to do this, and GAIM and Trillian are not right..
09-15-2003 07:04 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
It's hard to say, but MS owns the protocol and it can change it or make a new one. I don't like the idea of MS, but I have to agree with Patchou. I don't like the idea, because I won't be able to connect from linux and there won't be 3rd-party clients but (I think) we can't do anything against that.
Messenger Plus! en espaņol:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
09-15-2003 08:08 PM
Jutx

Shocking.......

– / Male / –
Totally agree with Patchou there. If M$ own and pay for the servers why shud other companies complain when the protocol is being changed, they really don't have a say in the matter.
09-15-2003 08:08 PM
eMusty

Agreeing with Patchou to the maximum extent possible.

By the way, nobody forced anyone to BUY Microsoft products, all is sole decision. Noone sad to anybody not to make a better OS than Windows.

Noone thinks bread and butter sould be given away for free in supermarkets just because they are so essential things for a human to live. Why should Microsoft sell things like Windows for free then? Or would you work for MS for free?
09-15-2003 09:15 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
|Rolando|

Eliminate the hate...

36 / Male / –
Well statistics show that AIM and ICQ are the most popular Instant Messagers on the net right now. Although with the release of MSN Messenger 5.0 some months ago it started rising up and with the release of 6.0  and 6.1 MSN Messenger was becoming more and more popular... Now I bet that this step by microsoft, msn's popularity is gonna drop becuase you would have to pay to get you msn messenger while other IMs are for free. Hasn't anybody thought about that ??? So I'm afraid I don't agree with Patchou !!! :S

Take this for instance: If people are not going to read the newspaper from behind my shoulder, they are going to read over someone else's. Therefore MSN Messenger users will drop and instead of developing MSN Messenger will fade slowly.

What's the solution? I don't know !
[Image: sigtl6.png]
09-15-2003 09:27 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pure_BY
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
Excelent article, Patchou! (Y)

I totally agree with you... Microsoft knows what to do, and just think... If not they, you probably wont even have a PC and Internet will probably still be used for sicret military reasons :rolleyes:

Well, oke, i went a little bit too far, but... Well, ya'll underrstand what i'm sayin'... :rolleyes:
09-15-2003 09:43 PM
Wabz
Elite Member

Its Groovy Baby!

38 / Male / Flag
God Patchou your good at changing peoples opinions on things

I completly understand it and know what you mean i never thought about it like that
Mess.be Forum Moderator
Messenger Plus ex-IRC Network Admin
Gimme a Rep!
09-16-2003 12:33 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
dotNorma
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
whoa!!! I thought microsoft was being cruel at first but after i read that article my mind tottally changed!Trillian is being mean! You have to pay 25$ to get a decent version and they just take all micro$ofts bandwidth for free will microsoft pays tons and still maintaines free software :\
09-16-2003 02:07 AM
Pages: (9): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 6 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: