What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Knowledge sharing - replies

Pages: (8): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 6 7 » Last »
Knowledge sharing - replies
Author: Message:
ecko_complex

Stop reading my info

RE: Knowledge sharing - project ended
I have contacted everyone that I feel needs to be via PM.

I will continue my argument with idviduals not a group.
This isn't a signature.
12-16-2003 11:02 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Underlord
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
Hmm that is slightly better but it would be better if you didn't argue at all :)
12-16-2003 11:05 AM
ka0z

What he means is, this isnt over.
12-16-2003 11:06 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Jeronimo

Which one is the monkey?

42 / – / –
Patchou, you should release the full source code for Plus and if you don't then you are a lamer. Screw you if you've worked for 1000's of hours on Plus, and you've taken it on as a full time career. We demand that you give us what we want, and we want it now, not in a few month cos that is lame ass. All your forum members suck d**k for standing up for you. You are all lame freaks.

/sarcasm

I can't believe what I have read basically. Lets me try to get this clear in my head... you offered to release some of your code for free yeah? You weren't planning on charging for it right? Well this would be great news, and would allow more of us to develop stuff for Messenger. Lets be honest, most of us couldn't do this by ourselves, and you were willing to share your knowledge with us for free. Is there anyone out there who believes he/she knows more about making add-ons for Messenger than Patchou? Please raise your hand if you do, and give me your website so I can get your add-on, which of course will be better than Plus.

My thanks go out to the kiddies who have ruined this for the masses. Round of applause everyone. Lets get this very clear... Patchou owes you nothing. I'm sure he will be very graceful and say he owes us for our on-going support etc, but the truth is, he owes us nothing. You are giving a man grief which is totally unfair and unjustworthy.

Many people would have given up by now after all the abuse Patchou has had to put up with in recent times. I would have done. He is totally allowed to turn round and say "That's it, I'm not developing Plus any more". None of us have paid for this product, so we can't complain.

I suggest to anyone who wishes to shout abuse at Patchou, or at any of the forum member who are very thankful to him for making this great add-on, to go out instead and do drugs, cos you're all off your head.

Patchou - thanks for all you have done, and continue to do, in the face of some very vile, nasty, immature kiddies, who don't know how lucky they are that we all get such a great program for free.

From an ardent Plus fan, Jeronimo
12-16-2003 11:33 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Ok, I wasn't going to mingle in the battle back then (when Patchou started the thread at MSNFanatic), but I can't hold it any longer...

First of all, this isn't the place to discuss landrights. But one quick note to ecko_complex before he flames again: I'm greatfull that Australia has given some (holy) land back to the Aboriginals. (just to make my position clear about "landrights".)

Now back to bussiness...
People (note that I say this in general) keep it to the facts, and don't flame eachother with stupid arguments about age, experience, landrights, schoolsystems, tags, etc... Keep the bad words and flames out of here. Not that this forum is censorred, but just because this doesn't help anyone.

Now...
I am the last one to say that all this seems to be a "war" against Patchou cause everybody is jealuss. Cause IMO that a very cheap thing to say. But after reading countless posts and threads (on both forums) it seems to me that this is the case because I can't find much solid arguments in all the flame-posts.

Some arguments talk about the sponsor. I don't like it either. If there is a better way, I hope Patchou would find it. I trust him in that. And after reading many posts of him I do believe him. And after all it is optional. And there is no default option ticked anymore, so there goes another argument....

Some arguments talk about monopoly. In the real world this happens also (and don't give me that age-crap, I'm twice as old as most of you. Which actually doesn't mean a thing cause I've seen guys here around 15 that act much more mature then others who are +18). Anyway... Someone invents/makes something. It has some success. It gets further developed. With each step the knowledge of that someone gets bigger and bigger. The bigger the succes, the bigger the complaints. This is normal.

Where lays the difference with Plus!. Patchou lets the user give suggestions. He implements it if he think it's right. That's HIS dessicion and WE have to respect that. We can only comment it. (not flame it)

If we want other things, we have to make them ourselfs. But how can we? We don't have the knowledge. Well learn. Patchou has learned it also. But if he released some code/dll/tutorial it would be easier.... Now how hypocrite is that? First you say you hate him etc... Then you want to use the same thing to build your product...
If Patchou wants to release something it is because he wants to SHARE something. That means you have to be happy in what you get.

Afcourse there will be always people who are not happy with what they get, they only want to get more... And isn't that what's it all about? You want to get more....
Maybe thats a good thing. Maybe... But the difference would that you can ask it nicely and respect Patchou in his dessicion about that. You don't have to agree with it afcourse, that's something different. You can disagree with him but still respect him.

Now, as any other of us, he made mistakes. Maybe he had to post just a bit more to let you know what he was thinking. Maybe that was wrong of him. Starting another thread to invoke him was maybe not a bad move. Only you have to think before you act. Between the lines I could read that the post was indeed something to invoke. Although I had my doubts about the true intentions... If the poster said he didn't meant it to be like that, then fine. I can live with it. But in the futur, think before you act!!!

That Patchou all of a sudden said the project is off, is also a surprise for me. IMO he must consider it again. But first let things cool a bit. When things are cooled down, he can try again with a different approach, cause this didn't work obviously....

Well, I'll stop here now for a moment...

PS: don't give me flames about my writing, I'm dutch and I try my best to get my point of view across. I'm sure you can live with the spelling mistakes...

Note to Patchou (and others):
I will never bow to your feet or suck up to you. If I do, it's all a joke.
You aren't a God, far from it....
But, Man, I do respect you. You are a big example to young programmers. Sure you make mistakes. But you learn from it. You respect other people (in what I've read in your posts). I talked alot with other developers of other shareware/freeware products. But I must say, you're the one that seems to give the most about his users.
And that's a major drawback.

Note: this is not sucking up, make that clear. If some people think it is, that's there opinion. I don't have to get anything from Patchou....

He has to get respect from us... He has mine....

Happy Xmas

This post was edited on 12-16-2003 at 12:29 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-16-2003 12:15 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
doggie

The MSN Llama

38 / Male / –
full source = dont bother.. then it would be pointless and then ya'd see lots of them around.. anyways he aint going to do it to no more.. Kaos: i agree with all ur statements :) oh i see a post of mine has been deleted.. :/
yes well my intention was to get his attention, not to mock him and close the whole thing.. he has merely misunderstood the point i put across.. and well yes i am to blame for creating the thread but not the way it came out.. personal views were put across and ya cant do anything but moderate and remove "extreme" cases of off topic..

This post was edited on 12-16-2003 at 12:25 PM by doggie.
12-16-2003 12:17 PM
Jeronimo

Which one is the monkey?

42 / – / –
Through out this thread, I am yet to see anyone apologise. To use a quote of yours doggie, are you too much of a pussy of a man to apologise?

Don't confuse trying to explain yourself as an apology. I really think what some people have said have really upset Patchou. I honestly don't think that he has invented Plus to gain fame, or money. I think its the joy that he gives people that drives him on.

I just wish people could have put a bit more thought into this. Surely it would have been easier all round if someone had just emailed him and asked him politely how he was progressing?

I agree with you Cookie. We don't suck up to him, what do we have to gain after all, but he certainly has our respect. I admire what he has done and so do many others. Its a shame people are foolish enough to see politics, in what should just be an excellent add-on for Messenger :undecided:
12-16-2003 12:45 PM
dotNorma
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
I saw that thread but I was to lazy to register to post. I'm sorry patchou, I would of been happy to see some of your code :) Its a true shame we have such ignorant people in the community :( You are greatly respected , but you will always pick up those who dont on your way up(but that still doesnt give them the right to act like such butts)
12-16-2003 01:17 PM
theguy

Text not Found

32 / Male / –
I am sick of the negative comments. As my mother told me when I was young:
quote:
Originally said by my mother
If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Please do not say bad things about this good software.
6519 days, 11 hours, 31 minutes, 2 seconds ago
12-16-2003 01:43 PM
doggie

The MSN Llama

38 / Male / –
hmm its funny.. i have nothing to apologize for.. if he was offended so be it and wasnt my intention.. so thats his bad luck his took it the wrong way.. i see ur dissing the forum other than ppl that are involved.. u dont suck up? well.. kissing ass is seen regularly here.. nothing to gain but gain an ego boast "I know patchou".. for god sakes, he isnt special in anyway.. forever promoting the software wherever u can.. yes its a decent piece of software but lets not all have a w*nk over it.. ego ego ego.. email him? why? u expect to get a reply asap with him getting thousands on a daily basis? thats just a mere waste of my and his time..  "Please do not say bad things about this good software" ermm.. only thing i said is the sponsor thing, nothing about the program it self personaly, so u have a silly comment.. let him speak, i dont need to hear the puppets :|
12-16-2003 02:10 PM
Pages: (8): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 6 7 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: