What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Knowledge sharing - replies

Pages: (8): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 8 » Last »
Knowledge sharing - replies
Author: Message:
Jeronimo

Which one is the monkey?

42 / – / –
RE: Knowledge sharing - replies
quote:
Originally posted by doggie
all i have to say on this is ARSEKISSERS.. i agree his obviously has good programming skills and a good program.. so wat? i never said that i didnt think these.. if u call this a community, call me when the 10 - 12 yr olds leave the board :)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Go doggie, go doggie, its your birthday, its your birthday.

Thank you for providing me with someone to laugh at.

I think you will find Patchou doesn't like age discrimination. See everyone here is a member of the community, no matter how old. What a shame you don't see it that way.

And hang on a minute, where is this arsekissing you are on about? 8-|
12-17-2003 01:53 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Guido
Elite Member

Design is Safety

37 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Knowledge sharing - project ended
(Had to split the post because of length)

There's not really much I can say that wasn't said before... but I'll try :P

quote:
Originally posted by ka0z
I think that Patchou has a big head, his app is great and all, but what has he brung to the msn community?
Exactly, his big head and his great app. And, as said before, his whole life, his hosting fees fore more than 2 years without almost any donation and all about 10 GameCubes.
quote:
jack shit!! he effectivly STOLE the msn community's audience - so when he comes into the msn community forum acting like hes done us a favour, people get mad...
quote:
Only thing i am jealous of is he has the monopolized the MSN add-on market as no one else knows how to do it.
Ohh sure... "Hey, that guy is intelligent and can do things I can't. It's so unfear! Mom, steal him his code or ask him to give it to me so that I can do the same that he can without spending time or being so intelligent." That's what patents are for. They are not free. Patchou gives his software for free, all it should do is encourage programmers to do it the hard way by finding out how to do it, not by asking for the source code.

Caprices.

quote:
if patchou cared for the msn community AT ALL he would of made Plus module based, but no
Actually, that's A.K.A. plugins. Oh, btw, that's in Plus!.

quote:
all he cares about is DOMINATING the msn scene (to which he provides very little)
What's bad of dominating the msn scene? So in your opinion, people should just keep doing color-changers (no offense intended to those who do them)

quote:
-- JUST LIKE MICROSOFT
enough said above, you just are not intelligent enough to discuss in a civilized way.

quote:
and like i said, i had respect for this clown before..
yeah, sure... when his program was not better than any other and, then, you thought that others were clowns.

quote:
but now hes going round stating everyone with a negative opinion of HIM (and note i say HIM not PLUS) is jelous..
Those are facts. Did you read the thread you replied to?

quote:
whats worse is he sounds extremely intellegent while hes doing it, so all these little kids round here will fight until the death
He is extremely intelligent while he's doing it. I don't see your point, you are beating yourself there...

quote:
and hey Patchou, get your head out of your ass, this is the real world.
Luckily, this world is not the real world. If the world was full of people like you, i'd rather keep away of it... Really, no offense intended. I'm just stating facts: you should learn not to hate for the sake of it.

And I'm not sucking up either. It's not exaggerating. I know Patchou (not as much as Fraisie, but I know him) and your replies are simply out of place. Most of them.
12-17-2003 01:53 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Guido
Elite Member

Design is Safety

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
org. posted by Doggie
if anything, the thread was making a joke...
I don't get the fun of it... maybe you can show us where it is.

quote:
Originally posted by doggie
i agree his obviously has good programming skills and a good program.. so wat?
That's the question. If he has good programming skills and a good program, why do so many people at MsnFanatic and now here say that he copycatted everybody else and he monopolises the market unfairly? Personally, I've read your replies in the original thread and you, Doggie, are at least an intelligent person (unluckily not every other participant in the conversation has the same privilege) and you seem to be a nice guy.
quote:
i never said that i didnt think these.. if u call this a community, call me when the 10 - 12 yr olds leave the board :)

Judging a community because simply a group of people don't agree with your point is completely stupid (should I *bip* that?).
quote:
call me when the 10 - 12 yr olds leave the board :)
Better yet, when they turn 13. :rolleyes:

quote:
Yes u can choose to install or not install but the fact is theres better ways of making money and he knows that.
Really? I don't think HE does. Which solution?

quote:
in its current state all it does is replace every other msn bot ever made
:shocked: Sony made a TV, and bigger than the Samsung one... with sharper image... isn't that what we hate? copycats? Why doesn't Sony give the specifications of their TV to Samsung so that everybody is happy and Samsung's people doesn't have to do anything but still gets recognition for something they didn't make? Great idea!

quote:
and patchou blindly chucks this thing in with Yes as the default option, taking advantage of all the computer illiterate noobs out there
Good news for you. Plus! hasn't had a default Yes for about two months now. Just another sign of how you people know plus.

quote:
i agree with kaos, plus is only the same progz just with a better look  i only use plus to get the Winamp Active Song
Thanks for the thing about the better look, I'll take it as a compliment. However, Plus! before the graphical makeup was still a great program, and was already used for more than 4 million people everyday. Why didn't those people choose "the other progz"? Because Plus was, and is, better. Oh, there's even an "Advanced Messenger Plus" with half the features of Plus being sold by some company out there. And people still complain that Patchou steals features... c'mon.
quote:
i only use plus to get the Winamp Active Song
Funnily, that was exactly done by ANOTHER programmer who got advantage of Patchou's generosity by creating the plugins API for Msgplus. Modules, as you prefer to call it.

quote:
ahh i stated my point peebrain .. i am not badgering him at all.. just seems funny how it goes so quiet.. yes he is probably a busy man but if u were indeed serious about it, u'd hear a lot more than wat we have.. so wipey, keep the different thoughts to urself thank u  working for mickeysoft? bah, then we'll see "Messenger Plus! Education, Pro, Server editions"
Doggie, that doesn't seem the same attitude than when you wanted your opinion to be respected:
quote:
i am infact having my opinion

quote:
(its only a patch not a full program whats with the huge size?)
Martrinex, i have some news for you. Patches don't have 100,000 lines of code. Full programs do. Patches don't have a graphic designer doing additional work for the software for every new feature added. Just minor changes? Do you actually read the changelog?

Doggie, again :P... you are a bit contradictory:
First:
quote:
i am infact having my opinion and i dont have an issue personally with him..
Then:
quote:
well.. just shows how much of a pussy the man is..
How nice from a real-community-member-non-12-year-old-mature-person.

Keenie
quote:
yeah i agree with whoever said he posted to try to get respect and didnt get it so he's not going to release anything, i could be wrong but how hes keeps up with this "ok i still cant decide, please post the same thing everyones been saying over and over" bullsh*t which makes me thinks hes just leading us on to beleive he was going to but we didnt convince him what to do and never planned on it. 
He answered you about 5 times:
quote:
omg... good thing someone just sent me the link to this thread. I'm not spending all my time checking this forum you know. What the hell is going on with you people? I posted my thread about code-sharing to get your opinion and in all the pages of replies there was always people saying that I should release tutorials and people saying that I should release a dll. In both cases, I would have made half of the community unhappy and that's why I was continuing to check the thread for eventual compromises or new ideas.

I took 45 minutes writing this reply.

I wouldn't be here if this wasn't a community.

Thanks.

(i hope someone reads my post because if not :wall:)

Oh, msnfanatic, merry christmas and a happy new year. :bananaxmas:

This post was edited on 12-17-2003 at 01:55 AM by Guido.
12-17-2003 01:54 AM
ecko_complex

Stop reading my info

* ecko_complex doesn't read it just to fuck off guido. (jokes)

Why wish us something you don't mean?

In fact I wont reply as (for once) it wasn't targeted at me :D. But this arguing shit is so unproductive. Why not work together :). Opposites attract...
This isn't a signature.
12-17-2003 02:10 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Guido
Elite Member

Design is Safety

37 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Knowledge sharing - project ended
quote:
Originally posted by ecko_complex
Messenger Plus! is the best add-on, there's no denying that. But there is also no denying that Patchou is not the only person who can create such a thing (oh wait, patchou could not have created Messenger Plus! without the help of certain individuals).
For the last thing, refer (and REPLY) to Patchou's post about the lines of code. For the first thing, you say many people could do Plus!, instead at the same time you (not only you, i mean in general) ask Patchou to release Plus!' code to end with the monopoly he has started because nobody knows how to do what Patchou does.
quote:
The MSNFanatic community has the most tallent of any other MSN community. Messenger Plus! has patchou, wow - please.
The "MSNFanatic community" (not the whole members, only the users who on one hand ask for the code to learn from it AND on the other hand say they could do better) still has to show us they can do Plus without Patchou's help. Because Patchou did it without help. I'm not talking about the POP interface, the installer or the Zip lib. I'm talking about Plus.

If they are really the most talent of any MSN community, I will bow at them if they at least behave like people and know what they talk about before, let alone do the same programming job of Cyril.

[edit1] I read my post and understand it sounds rude, but you people keep ignoring posts and posts of factual information.

[edit2]Funny thing Ecko, while you were posting, I was taking a special look at your insults in test&trashing forum. I hope you reply to it fully, because it was somehow directed at you now. Oh, and, should I suppose that you don't reply to the previous post because you agree with them or avoid them? (i'm actually asking that)

This post was edited on 12-17-2003 at 02:16 AM by Guido.
12-17-2003 02:12 AM
ecko_complex

Stop reading my info

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
I never replied to that kind of thing before because I didn't want to sound mean, but enough is enough. Messenger Plus! has between 50,000 and 100,000 lines of code (I never counted precisely) that I wrote and rewrote, again and again, the past three years (yep, almost three years already!) and here is the exact count of lines that do not come from me:
  • Nicolas: 30 lines (POP protocol)
  • Ginge: 200 lines (zip library interface)
  • Will: 10 lines (assembly patch for the /nick command and COM internal access in Messenger 5/6)
Feel free to ask any of those people to confirm the numbers. Don't get me wrong, their contribution is appreciated a lot and that's why they get a special place in the about box of the software. I'll never take credits for work that is not mine and I don't have the assembly knowledge to create asm patches like the ones Will does. However, Plus! is not dependant of these patches to live as they target very specific features and the other 99.7% of the code has been written by my hands and my hands only (that includes full Messenger 6 compatibility if you're wondering about it). Say whatever you want about my software but don't deny that it is the result of my work, there's nothing more insulting than this kind of comment which basically mean "Patchou just gathered good code from people around him, added some additional useless features, a sponsor program, and then distributed it and got all the credits for it". Wether you like Messenger Plus! or not, this software is my creation.

That's all I had to say. It may sounds harsh but I got to defend myself from time to time. It's just too easy to say so much bullshit about things you don't know.

Patchou
What about the MSN 5 compatibility? And MSN 6 hooking? They may not have coded it for you but they did help you out. Yeah you don't take credit for their work but that was not my point. My point was that Messenger Plus! would not have /nick (and all the rest) and MSN 5 compatbility and MSn 6 hooking etc without them. Don't put words into my posts patchou, you know exactly what I meant.
This isn't a signature.
12-17-2003 02:17 AM
ecko_complex

Stop reading my info

Oh yeah guido, I don't reply to half of them because I do not have time for this crap. The Messenger Plus! community started it, I do not intednt to end or effect it.

I also said this stuff can be done, but with the help of patchous code it can be done 100 times faster. The rest I'll reply to when I find time. Good day.
This isn't a signature.
12-17-2003 02:21 AM
Guido
Elite Member

Design is Safety

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
My point was that Messenger Plus! would not have /nick (and all the rest) and MSN 5 compatbility and MSn 6 hooking etc without them. Don't put words into my posts patchou, you know exactly what I meant.
Actually, maybe Plus would have took one month more to get MSN 5 compatibility (not sure about that one, patchou should confirm if ecko is right or not), five days more to have pop3 support and maybe two hours to use NSIS instead of Ginge's great contribution. Where's your endless list of things Patchou couldn't do with other people? Sure, he would not be able to handle users' emails if it wasnt for people who help users here in forums, he would not be able to keep it free if it wasnt for the sponsor, he would not be able to have a fully-mantained forum if it wasn't from the guys at Avid. Still, he would be using Plus!.

[edit] I'm going off, if not i'll stay here 4 hours endlessly replying. See you tomorrow.

This post was edited on 12-17-2003 at 02:24 AM by Guido.
12-17-2003 02:23 AM
ecko_complex

Stop reading my info

Honestly how do you expect me to argue with all these idiots? As you said you'll end up replying endlessly, thats what I'm doing and thats why I have had enough.

As I said, anyone wants to argue or try prove me wrong please do it via PM, I cannot alone fight a crowd (we cannot bring more peole into this without making it 100 times worse), only individuals :).

This is my official last post on the topic. And any other thread regarding this topic.

Pleace out (well at least try ;)), ecko_complex.
This isn't a signature.
12-17-2003 02:32 AM
Jeronimo

Which one is the monkey?

42 / – / –
I am really starting to love this arguement now. One the one side we have Plus, which is excellent software, being slagged off, for reasons that don't seem to carry any weight. Then we have the Plus dislikers, who cannot see that Patchou is a man with feelings, who has put everything into this project.

I keep seeing over and over how he is monopolising MSN, and how lots of people could make a program similar to Plus. Where is your proof. Saying something doesn't make it true. Nor does intention. I intend to run the London Marathon (26 miles), but doesn't mean I can or actually will.

Give me proof. Else all your arguements don't hold water.

And I have to say this, but some of the negative attitudes on the MSNFanatic forums sickened me. They really sickened me. I was disgusted with the contempt with which you hold members of this community. I was disgusted with the way you have branded Patchou as some kind of money grabbing, heartless wretch of a man.

I would love to be in a room with everyone of you, just to really ask you what you have to gain from being so vile.

I pity you...
12-17-2003 02:38 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (8): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 8 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: