What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Announcements » Announcements & News » Archive » Messenger Plus! 3 - news

Pages: (22): « First « 9 10 11 12 [ 13 ] 14 15 16 17 » Last »
1 votes - 5 average   Messenger Plus! 3 - news
Author: Message:
ShawnZ
Veteran Member

31 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news
quote:
Originally posted by billywoods1
quote:
Originally posted by Shawnz
i dont know much about programming, but im sure its possible to add the ink feature with plugins?
Nope.

Anyway, I don't want Plus! to jump to 25mb. Don't care what connections you have.

1) by "With Plugins" i mean like just initiate it, not do the entire thing, like InfoPen but as a DLL and no outlook stuff

2) it wont jump to 25 mb, thats all the custom outlook stuff. MSN Messenger is simpiler, since the handwriting features are built in, they just need to be brought out.
Spoiler:
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
02-29-2004 05:08 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
ShawnZ
Veteran Member

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
I will NOT add it, don't post another 30 posts to insist lol. If Microsoft wanted to give you access to this feature, they would have already, and I'm sure they will soon (if they don't, I'll reconsider). I already have way too many things to do in Plus!3, wayyyyy too many stuff on my list.

People, read the posts.

MOST of the 20mb in InfoPen is for Microsoft Outlook. Thats because it has to be completly changed to support handwriting, it never knew what handwriting was before, However- Messenger has handwriting support in it already, so if it was JUST for messenger, it would be MUCH lighter.

also, it will be realeased in the soon awaited WINDOWS LONGHORN coming out in late 2004

thrid, please please please someone make something for this! im trying to see how it does it myself, but im not very good at it.
Spoiler:
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
02-29-2004 05:21 PM
ShawnZ
Veteran Member

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by warreng
blah blah blah blah blah, I've been following this thread on since its started. All this issue over file size when downloading with new features etc. Patchou mate, if this issue also concerns you and I'm sure it bothers others too that when you add more and more features, the greater the size of the download gets.

Its been my understanding that the more people request an addon the more it would make it easier for them to:
1) select which ones they want (personalise installation) and
2) make them themselves (simple scripting language)

This guy is creative. Put him in the credits. No, really!

quote:
--------------------1------------------------
This can be easily solved with the following ideas I got in conjuction with Macromedia's Central, create a plugins menu, simple window within MSN Plus! where the menu or whatever is actually a page on the internet listing the available plugins. Further more, have it so that users have to login (Same accounts as for forums etc, so they can keep track on what plugins they have installed. That way, developors can see whos downloaded and whos using them. (ie success rate).
Now! with this new menu system, you can leave all the features seperate (addons) and people can select which ones they want to install and browse the ones that are newly available. Since these are seperate from plus! than the default file size for plus! would be minimal.

I hope someone is following me with this...

Basically, addon feature (already been done). But with the added ability to browse the ones available and the ones already default with msn plus! converted into plugins.

I love what you do Patchou, I seriously do. But its my opinion that the more features you make 'default' in the plus! becomes irrelivant to most, (bos protection, cause majority don't chat at work) unless its used all the times, like colours etc. The rest is just taking up space. I like the idea of being able to browse plugins through plus!, add/remove the ones I personally don't need.

great idea! like the windows setup?
(ps. everyone loves plus!;)and how well patchou codes it!)

quote:
--------------------2------------------------
I feel I have to also comment on the addon feature (dlls). I think its brillient for developers, but not all together easy to understand for people like me that havn't taken the time to learn 'visual basic or visual c++' because of various time contraints. What there needs to be is a simple scripting language where you can write it in a simple text editor (like what you can with html, php and mirc) so theres no need for compilers etc.
Of course unlike mirc/others there would still be a need to call dlls for advanced users. But I would like to be able to do a simple script without having to go through the process of learning a visual language. Later on, you might consider a basic WYSIWIG.

that would be exelent, because most of those languages can range from simple to extremly advanced, and can posiblily take up less space. If this happened, you would go from like the 20 or something plugins u have on plugns.msgplus.com to like 3000!

quote:
----------------------------------------------

Oh yeah, it was also said that there was a feature to leave message for people when they are offline, and that message will be sent when they come back. If thats the come-back message, than I hope it'l be updated in the v3.0. I think that setting it to message the person, EVERYTIME they come online is a little redundant unless you want to annoy them. Unless of cause you want to say Hello to that person as soon as they come online, everytime, than thats ok too. Just think that there should be an option to auto disable the auto message once its been sent once. Like a times to send the message box (# Times, 0 for infinite). Also, if thats the case for setting a message for someone everytime they come online, you might as well make it editable when the person is currently Online, as opposed only be able to edit it when they are not online.

Ya, good idea! also, how bout (if this is possible, without modding the EXE,) if you choose to start a convo with someone who is not online, instead of sending email to them, you could send offline messages to them using the IM interface, like YAHOO messenger.

quote:
I'd also like to offer myself to be a beta tester.

can i be one two? ;)

-----
I just realized how long this post is!
Spoiler:
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
02-29-2004 05:45 PM
ShawnZ
Veteran Member

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Choli
The installation of Plus can't rely on some files be at the server. What would happen if the server goes down? And what if the user can't connect to the Internet when s/he want to install Plus?. The best is have all inside a single exe installation file, as it's now.

About the ability of select what feature to install, I don't agree with that. People will complain saying: "hey this doesn't work for me" just because they didn't installed that feature. Remember, people install thing too fast (next, next, agree, intall), without reading and they don't remember they didn't install that.

Also, if I'm not wrong, there will be a section at msgplus.net where people would be able to download plugins.

About the scripting language. People would have to learn it, so why not learn VB (or VC)? VB is very easy and you have the templates needed to compile the pluging. Including that feature into Plus would increase its size and using that you won't be able to do everythig you can do with "real" plugings. It would provide limited features. Also, someone made a pluging that offers a similar feature: It executes vbs files. Search it. It should be somewhere.

The instalation can rely on some files being on the server, because if the server was down, you wouldent have the base install in the first place.

And yes, people sould be able to pick what to add during setup, just have the most basic things checked arleaedy, and the REALLY basic things part of the core program.

And for the scripting language- dont ruin our fun. Tell me whats easier: coding a script to make a dialog appear in MIRC, or coding a script to make a dialog appear in VB or VC???
Spoiler:
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
02-29-2004 05:53 PM
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news
quote:
The instalation can rely on some files being on the server, because if the server was down, you wouldent have the base install in the first place.
you're wrong. because i can send (share feature) plus to my contacts and then the server may be down so they won't be able to install plus. it's just an example but there may be more.
quote:
And yes, people sould be able to pick what to add during setup, just have the most basic things checked arleaedy, and the REALLY basic things part of the core program.
I quote myself:
quote:
by me
People will complain saying: "hey this doesn't work for me" just because they didn't installed that feature

and that may happen with all features even if they're not the most usuall ones.
quote:
And for the scripting language- dont ruin our fun. Tell me whats easier: coding a script to make a dialog appear in MIRC, or coding a script to make a dialog appear in VB or VC???
VB of course!! :banana:
I have no idea about doing that in mirc. However I can do it in VB and VC and Delphi and Java and... do I continue?
quote:
Originally posted by jackass_wanabe
code:
msgbox " hi, im mr dialog :P "

It can't be easier !! ;)
Messenger Plus! en espaņol:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
02-29-2004 06:09 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
tomfletcherman

34 / Male / –
I think plus needs to stay a one exe with everything included package. Maybe a download with the sponser nd without the sponser? So then when I gtive it to my friends they don't install it, like one did and then complained at me. Nothing should be server side. The plugins manager menu that was made looked impressive, but the whole plus interface will be changed. th@ feature should definately be included, and as a separate project someone on these forums could make a "light" version of the tablet writing thing?
02-29-2004 08:05 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ShawnZ
Veteran Member

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
VB of course!! :banana:
I have no idea about doing that in mirc. However I can do it in VB and VC and Delphi and Java and... do I continue?
quote:
code:

It can't be easier !! ;)

absoultly true. people who know vb code in vb. people who dont, dont. also what i said was a bad example. making a message box is easy either way, for the people that know how to code in both. but if you ask someone who codes in mirc, they will probably tell you its easier. personally, I have tried some coding in VB, and I think coding in MIRC requires less typing. Compare these scripts:

MIRC Example
alias sample {
if ($$1 != -d) timer 1 0 echo $input(hey!)
}

VBS Example
Function Sample(Arg)
    If Arg = "-d" Then
        Exit Function
    ElseIf Arg = Arg Then
        msgbox "hey!"
End Function

i know i coded the VBS one completly wrong, but im not very good at coding.

the code makes sure the -d paramater is not applied, then sais Hey!
someone please correct the mistakes i made in the VBS code:)
Spoiler:
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
02-29-2004 09:24 PM
warreng

Don't ask.

40 / Male / –
quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VB of course!!

I don't know much about VB, but since i've looked at this VBS addon, it doesn't seem all that bad, but without a basic understanding of how data is processed I can't begin to make a script.

Mirc is easy. AND it comes with a really easy to follow helpfile.

quote:
quote:

code:

It can't be easier !! 

Yes it could.

$?"hello"

opens a input box with the text field above an edit box Hello.
i could change that text to:

$?"Enter comment below"

There are more ways, advanced command: $input
Same as $?:
$input(Enter comment below,e) [ 'e' stands for edit box ]

I could change the header of the box with somthing other than the default 'Input Request"

$input(Enter comment below,e,Commants)

I could change the default "OK, Cancel" buttons with Yes No buttons by adding a 'y'

$input(Enter comment below,ey,Commants)

and add a graphic icon such as a question mark, Information, critical stop etc by stateing other switches.

Question mark: $input(Enter comment below,eyq,Commants)
Info: $input(Enter comment below,eyi,Commants)
Warning: $input(Enter comment below,eyw,Commants)
Hand Icons (critical stop): $input(Enter comment below,eyh,Commants)

SO! it is easier and fun as Shawnz kindly stated, don't ruin our fun. :D
- WarrenG
02-29-2004 09:32 PM
warreng

Don't ask.

40 / Male / –
yes thanks Shawnz for explaining the aliases, its so true.
but I also like the on event commands.

On *:text:*:*: if ($1 == blah) msg # $nick Don't be stupid.

basically that says:
on any text, in any channel. if the first word ($1) equals 'blah' than message the channel 'nickname who said 'blah'' $nick Don't be stupid.
of course if you want to be specific you could state:

on *:text:blah:*: msg # $nick Don't be stupid.

etc etc.
quote:
Format:    on <level>:TEXT:<matchtext>:<*><?><#[,#]>:<commands>
Example:    on 1:TEXT:*help*:#mirc,#irchelp:/msg $nick what's the problem?

The match text can be a wildcard string, where:
  *    matches any text
  &    matches any word
  text    matches if text contains only this word
  text*    matches if text starts with this word
  *text    matches if text ends with this word
  *text*    matches if text contains this word anywhere

The location where this event occurrs can be specified using:
  ?    for any private message
  #    for any channel message
  #mirc    for any messages on channel #mirc
  *    for any private or channel messages

hehe /me loves mircs help file

This post was edited on 02-29-2004 at 09:43 PM by warreng.
- WarrenG
02-29-2004 09:39 PM
ShawnZ
Veteran Member

31 / Male / Flag
Thanks, warreng gets my point.

It would be great to be able to use events in plus!

And, your right, It is incredibly simple.

Plus, (excuse the pun) You are ruining our fun. Were talking about it, we feel like talking about it, we want to talk about it, so (word removed, so I dont get banned) off.

[edit]
And to top it off, MIRC is more forgiving. You make a mistake, (which you cant usually do in mirc) you can fix it easily. Visual languages need to be perfectly written, and if you do make a mistake, you need to recompile the whole damn thing!

[/edit]

This post was edited on 02-29-2004 at 11:39 PM by ShawnZ.
Spoiler:
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.