What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Announcements » Announcements & News » Archive » MsgPlus2 - NEW Website

Pages: (11): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 8 9 10 » Last »
1 votes - 5 average   MsgPlus2 - NEW Website
Author: Message:
mikezs

Plus! is the dogz bollox

RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website
I know PHP, and i am quite comforatble with using a MySQL backend... I'll be happy to HELP with the site, but i havent got the time to do the whole thing...
12-20-2002 04:29 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
firecracker

37 / Male / –
i c what you mean, frontpage isn't as nice as PHP, I agree.

but if you know everything about frontpage you can make a pretty nice site for minimal effort. I don't think you will need it but it maybe be something to think about. I have no more comments about this cause i'm not going to go on saying frontpage rocks. cause it doesn't, PHP can blow frontpage away, and the problem is with frontpage is it goes by the rule of, What You See Is What You Get.

PHP would be nice, however, patchou would need a permanent web master if he does not know PHP, or he would have to lean it. At the same time there is the problem that he would need frontpage to edit his page, which is not cheap so either way would have its problems. I would pick PHP. Patchou would have to think about it and decide for himself.

The reason why it is so hard to edit frontpage in its HTML is because the HTML is all scrambled and very hard to decode. But PHP is easy to decode if you know it well. because it was wrote by hand and is all neat (or it can be). But like i said, you have to know it.

This post was edited on 12-20-2002 at 04:47 PM by firecracker.
12-20-2002 04:32 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
jcwacky

RE: RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website
quote:
Originally posted by firecracker

but if you know everything about frontpage you can make a pretty nice site for minimal effort. I don't think you will need it but it maybe be something to think about. I have no more comments about this cause i'm not going to go on saying frontpage rocks. cause it doesn't, PHP can blow frontpage away, and the problem is with frontpage is it goes by the rule of, What You See Is What You Get.

FrontPage is for amateurs, if you are doing a site in HTML, or even PHP, Dreamweaver is what you want.

This post was edited on 12-20-2002 at 04:50 PM by Johnny_Mac.
12-20-2002 04:45 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
mikezs

Plus! is the dogz bollox

RE: RE: RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website
quote:
Originally posted by jcwacky
quote:

FrontPage is for amateurs, if you are doing a site in HTML, or even PHP, Dreamweaver is what you want.

www.purplespider.co.uk

no you dont, all you need is notpad :P
12-20-2002 04:48 PM
jcwacky

RE: RE: RE: RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website
quote:
Originally posted by mikezs
quote:
Originally posted by jcwacky
quote:

www.purplespider.co.uk

no you dont, all you need is notpad :P

I didnt mean writing it in 'raw' html!
12-20-2002 04:49 PM
firecracker

37 / Male / –
hmm, i heard of dreamweavre, heard it is good, does it really do PHP?

frontpage can be for amatures, after you learn the extensions, it can be useful. but i see no need to use the extensions for the purpose of this site that is coming

This post was edited on 12-20-2002 at 04:53 PM by firecracker.
12-20-2002 04:49 PM
Johnny_Mac
Elite Member

38 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website
MPOV:

Why do we need php weblog... the site will be updated as much as it is now... why not just streach some effort out and make it nice, but without a sumbitty weblog thing. :s 
12-20-2002 04:51 PM
firecracker

37 / Male / –
hmm, your write why are we talking about this, Whatever looks nice will work. and its turning into a conversation about PHP vs HTML.
12-20-2002 04:52 PM
kastermester

Wuhwhuwhu!

35 / Male / –
Why are all here talking about FP and DreamWeaver when you have html code to do? No need for WYSIWYG editors (What You See Is What You Get). If I should be making code in DW or FP i would die!

That's my point of view.

Kastermester

This post was edited on 12-20-2002 at 07:29 PM by kastermester.
12-20-2002 07:29 PM
WDZ
Former Admin

– / Male / Flag
It seems that some people aren't really clear about what PHP is. PHP is something that runs on the server and outputs HTML... it can't be compared with HTML. If you mean "PHP vs. no PHP," then that makes sense.

And I agree with Johnny... we shouldn't "go overboard"... a CMS packed with features isn't really needed... :rolleyes:
12-20-2002 10:02 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (11): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 8 9 10 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: