What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Announcements » Announcements & News » Archive » MsgPlus2 - NEW Website

Pages: (11): « First « 5 6 7 8 [ 9 ] 10 11 » Last »
1 votes - 5 average   MsgPlus2 - NEW Website
Author: Message:
Freeze

37 / Male / –
RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website
I can do some PHP, and yes, i keep getting teh same error [line 1]

Anyhow, my MSN is fr33z3, so if you want, feel free to contact me

[to see one of my php examples: http://mongtastic.be It is in dutch, but you get the idea ;)]

and indeed, i think it is a little too xp-style alike. I don't think ANY of us here like MS, so why support them by making a site that looks like winXP???

I think GFD has enough graphical capabilities to make an original, non-ms related design, that may rock as well. The lay-out I really like tho ;)
12-23-2002 11:09 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
shine
Veteran Member

Recharging......

49 / Male / –
Sorry but not every on here dislikes MS...

And you are right GFD's site and images remind your of existing logos....and reminds you of somethiing or other. Hes yet to get an original idea... but sure he's put a lot of work into it.

Your site is good one (y)..  But Patchou is looking for brighter colours and shades. Hes the client .... you have to consider his wishes right ?

And instead of doing it alone you can do it together... It will bring in more ideas...and thoughts.. the ultimate result will be the best

This post was edited on 12-23-2002 at 11:33 AM by shine.
12-23-2002 11:29 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Freeze

37 / Male / –
Hmm, first of all, i'd wait till patchou has chosen a logo :) only then we can start seeiing what colours to use...

This post was edited on 12-23-2002 at 11:45 AM by Freeze.
12-23-2002 11:44 AM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website
quote:
Originally posted by HiChO
not bad good work my friend but i  still find a php site is a must

Well.... my idea... why should just *1* do the site... i mean... for example... why not let GFD create the design and then let somebody else convert it to PHP.

I'm not saying GFD should be in, i have no control on that, his draft is very very great tough.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
12-23-2002 12:09 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
madrose

– / Male / –
RE: RE: RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website
quote:
Originally posted by Jae_x777

Well.... my idea... why should just *1* do the site... i mean... for example... why not let GFD create the design and then let somebody else convert it to PHP.

I'm not saying GFD should be in, i have no control on that, his draft is very very great tough.

I am new on those forums, so hi everyone.

I have to disagree with you, php is used to parse html code, and it is not practicale to do it the other way around. PHP is a very strong and fast scripting language, I have all my site done in php, it is realy very easy to work with php, and also you can include html inside the php code.
[Image: iProxy.gif]
¨‘°ºOOº°‘¨ Madrose ¨‘°ºOOº°‘¨
[ Proxy Community | My IBF Mods ]
12-23-2002 12:20 PM
Guido
Elite Member

Design is Safety

37 / Male / Flag
Actually, you can insert PHP inside the HTML code.... (in php files)
12-23-2002 01:39 PM
dudboi

35 / Male / –
u can insert html into php files but not php in html files...kinda confusing right...coz in actual fact you can mix html and php together, but then again you cant ...lol
12-23-2002 01:43 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
shazaam

38 / Male / –
Great Work GFD, I Love The Site You Made.
-shazaam
12-23-2002 01:48 PM
Guido
Elite Member

Design is Safety

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by dudboi
u can insert html into php files but not php in html files...kinda confusing right...coz in actual fact you can mix html and php together, but then again you cant ...lol

yes it's pretty confusing :D I don't know how to completely program PHP but I think I know how it works... and actually you put php inside html, don't you? of course, the file is .php but INSIDE the html you open <php? or something like that I now don't remember and when you close that tag you can use html again... maybe i'm wrong... but anyway, that's not the point of this thread
12-23-2002 02:01 PM
Guido
Elite Member

Design is Safety

37 / Male / Flag
greetings smg

quote:
Originally posted by SMG
aww gee thanks for ripping me off :-D
You know that's not my intention, I just wanted to add sample content quickly so that I could work on the design, and I stated that the content was YOURS. didn't I?

quote:
1. i keep getting [error on line 1]
I know and everybody knows, I'll try to fix it befor patchou sees it :grin:, thanks for reminding it...

quote:
2. Many of the icons are XP Style, patchou is tring to steer away from that so he doesn't get sued by M$ like they did to bink.nu
Yeah, TWO icons are Xp Style, ok... And i think that bink's windowsxp.nu was a little TOO notorious to Microsoft, i don't know why :grin:...

quote:
3. The link to MP300a.exe/zip are linking to my site and there isn't much point to that since they are fake.
I know, and AGAIN... i just copied-past the text in your site (and i wrote it here so that you had your deserved credit) not to lose time with the content, as it will probably be changed when Patchou starts to modify any site that he chooses... I wanted to emphasize in the design...

quote:
4. something's seriously wrong with the FAQ below the second <horizontal rule>, if you want to rip me off there too, download /msgplus/download_content.html and then use predefined css styles to change it to your fonts and stuff.
:lol: nice IRONY

quote:
5. you forgot to rip off the good bits of my site like
<body style="border-style: none;">,
<script language="javascript"><!--//
if(navigator.appName == "Microsoft Int............ and so on
well really i DIDN't want to rip that as that IS design and coding that is YOURS... and ripping that was just stealing your site, i wanted to show MY sample... (maybe with Patchou's text, and some yours)
quote:
Other than that, you've done some nice photoshoping :-D PM me your MSN and maybe we could combine the best of both worlds :-D
Thanks!! at least one gratification!! :grin: We've already talked...

quote:
And please for fucks sake put SMG back where it belongs, I dont care if our names together just dont make it look 100% original because it isn't, sorry for being rude.
* Guido is trying not to go mad... but it's difficult...
again....... and AGAIN... i just copied-past the text of some section(s) in your site (and i wrote it here so that you had your deserved credit) not to lose time with the content, as it will probably be changed when Patchou starts to modify any site that he chooses... I wanted to emphasize in the design... if that's not ok with you... then sorry, i didn't want to make you angry (6)....
12-23-2002 02:04 PM
Pages: (11): « First « 5 6 7 8 [ 9 ] 10 11 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: