What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » internet explorer hijack by msgplus!!

Pages: (4): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 » Last »
internet explorer hijack by msgplus!!
Author: Message:
diablo

O.P. internet explorer hijack by msgplus!!
why when i installed msgplus my spyware software picked up a hijack that it was changing my search page to mysearchnow?
how do i prevent this and install msgplus.  my spyware kept picking up this change and kept  changing my search page to something like mysearchnow and when i hit change back and not accept the change it keeps trying to change it to my search now, so i had to stop the install and stop msgplus.exe in my task manager processes!
spyware is added to msgplus my adaware had to remove tons of it
explain!

This post was edited on 06-26-2004 at 01:26 PM by diablo.
06-26-2004 01:22 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
toddy
Veteran Member

kcus uoy

– / Male / Flag
RE: internet explorer hijack by msgplus!!
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=21598

but please search the forums before making a new thread
06-26-2004 01:27 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Kryptonate
Veteran Member

37 / Male / –
diablo, it's not spyware the sponsorprogram of Messenger Plus!. It's optional and doesn't harm your computer or your privacy. If you didn't wanted the sponsorprogram it's your own fault you got it because you clearly get the choice. You can get rid of it by following the steps in the thread provided by toddy.
I see you used programs to get rid of the sponsorprogramme, you have to reinstall Plus! WITH the sponsorprogram in order to uninstall the sponsorprogram without any harm.
06-26-2004 02:29 PM
Anubis
Elite Member

33 / Male / Flag
Hi diablo,

It seems while installing Messenger Plus! you have installed the sponsor program by mistake: you selected I ACCEPT, install the sponsor in the installation program. Please note this is not spyware it's simply a small search bar for Internet Explorer so Patchou (the creator of Messenger Plus!)  so he can make a living off it...

If before doing the below you have attempted to remove the sponsor program by any other method, like spyware and adware removal tools, messed around in the registry or tried to delete files you must install Messenger Plus! again with the sponsor program before doing this...

To uninstall it go to Add/Remove Programs in the control panel and double click on "Messenger Plus!" (or click on Remove). Then "Messenger Plus! - Setup" is displayed.
Click on the Uninstall button. after a couple of seconds, the program will ask you if you want to keep your preferences, it is suggested to say "Yes".
Then you'll be asked to type in the number displayed in the box then click Uninstall.
Now you must click Yes when asked to confirm the uninstall...If you're asked to close Internet explorer or any program do so. Now restart your computer and the sponsor program will be gone.
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
06-26-2004 06:07 PM
Chestah
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
dw Diablo, its easy to get rid of! :)
Segosa is newb.
06-27-2004 07:22 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
xsyangd

RE: RE: internet explorer hijack by msgplus!!
quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
Hi diablo,

It seems while installing Messenger Plus! you have installed the sponsor program by mistake: you selected I ACCEPT, install the sponsor in the installation program. Please note this is not spyware it's simply a small search bar for Internet Explorer so Patchou (the creator of Messenger Plus!)  so he can make a living off it...

If before doing the below you have attempted to remove the sponsor program by any other method, like spyware and adware removal tools, messed around in the registry or tried to delete files you must install Messenger Plus! again with the sponsor program before doing this...

To uninstall it go to Add/Remove Programs in the control panel and double click on "Messenger Plus!" (or click on Remove). Then "Messenger Plus! - Setup" is displayed.
Click on the Uninstall button. after a couple of seconds, the program will ask you if you want to keep your preferences, it is suggested to say "Yes".
Then you'll be asked to type in the number displayed in the box then click Uninstall.
Now you must click Yes when asked to confirm the uninstall...If you're asked to close Internet explorer or any program do so. Now restart your computer and the sponsor program will be gone.

YES, I have done it and the sponsor program has been uninstalled successfully. The search page and home page is returned. But my desktop in modified and the home page is display on the desktop, it will be autoload when startup. what is the problem? How can I resolve it?
07-05-2004 12:09 AM
toddy
Veteran Member

kcus uoy

– / Male / Flag
start > control panel > display > desktop > customise deskop > web > deleted the web address that appears in the box.

[Image: attachment.php?pid=272677]click to enlarge

.jpg File Attachment: 2.JPG (159.8 KB)
This file has been downloaded 893 time(s).

This post was edited on 07-05-2004 at 12:45 AM by toddy.
07-05-2004 12:16 AM
Oldtimer

67 / Male / –
Yes, diablo, it does. And then they try to blame it on you. (What? didn't you read the minuscule license text? You better do that next time.)

And getting rid of the damn thing doesn't work either.

Damn virus software.
07-24-2004 11:01 PM
toddy
Veteran Member

kcus uoy

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Oldtimer
Damn virus software

its not virus software !   its adware software.  it is not harmful to your computer it just adds the toolbar to IE.

07-24-2004 11:04 PM
Oldtimer

67 / Male / –
It does things to my computer that I haven't told it to do, that I don't want it to do, and that I can't make it stop doing.

Virus, adware. Same thing.
07-24-2004 11:08 PM
Pages: (4): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: