What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » File Transfer Plus 1.1 RELEASE (update 14/09)

Pages: (50): « First « 13 14 15 16 [ 17 ] 18 19 20 21 » Last »
8 votes - 4.5 average   File Transfer Plus 1.1 RELEASE (update 14/09)
Author: Message:
Jeronimo

Which one is the monkey?

42 / – / –
RE: UPDATE! File Transfer Plus 1.1 BETA
I've been testing this plugin for a while, and I can honestly say its excellent. It laughs in the face of MSN transfers :)

Of course since both contacts need to have the plugin I suggest everyone here download it and get it shared!! :D

Nice work RicarDog!!
10-12-2004 12:30 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Jolo

40 / Male / –
Very nice work RicarDog, one more time. :)

It's an honor to test this plugin.

Cheers,
10-12-2004 12:36 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Leif

81 / Male / –
I installed the new beta. Everything went OK but when it restarted Messenger after installing, it turned out to be Windows Messenger that started instead of MSN Messenger. LOL, haven't seen that one for years!! What's up?
10-12-2004 05:38 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
RicarDog

File Transfer Plus developer

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: UPDATE! File Transfer Plus 1.1 BETA
It may be a bug in the Setup script :$ I'll look at it.

EDIT: I think it's fixed now.

This post was edited on 10-12-2004 at 07:00 AM by RicarDog.
Latest File Transfer Plus: 1.1 RELEASE (1.1.14)
In development: 2.0
10-12-2004 06:34 AM
giken

Windows Live Butterfly

46 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by RicarDog

- Option to make a different subfolder for each friend when using Auto-accept so their files will be saved there. It can be created in the default save folder or in a custom folder. The subfolder will be named as the contact's email address.

Does it work with no plugin in the sender pc too?
For example if i'm using your plugin and i'm receiving a file from "John" using standard messenger protocol (John doesn't use transferplus plugin), can you make the feature works as well?

Another suggestion is if you can enable it also when auto-accept is not selected (maybe the save windows could show the defaul download path\<sendermailaddress>\ as default so you can change it if you need or just press ok to start download)

P.S.
If you can, check mIRC chat client to understand my suggestions better (I like its download interface)

This post was edited on 10-12-2004 at 06:50 AM by giken.
10-12-2004 06:48 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
hmm could you "hook" this plugin so that when i press the standard "Send Files" button in a MSN Messenger window it trys to use FTPlus and if it doesnt find that the other person has it it automatically goes to the normal MSN transfer system.

Great plugin btw! My 2nd fav next to TB's SPNG :P

BTW: Congrats on the "Friend List" you improved it :) from the Alpha.
Another thing for the next release could you implant some code so it can be overinstalled on a 1.0 version? Or if it detects a 1.0 version it auto uninstalls it and then installs 1.1 It because i tell people to uninstall 1.0 first but they dont do it and overinstall and then transfers usually dont work.

This post was edited on 10-12-2004 at 11:21 AM by riahc4.
10-12-2004 11:16 AM
giken

Windows Live Butterfly

46 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
hmm could you "hook" this plugin so that when i press the standard "Send Files" button in a MSN Messenger window it trys to use FTPlus and if it doesnt find that the other person has it it automatically goes to the normal MSN transfer system.

Very good suggestion, I hope it can be done :)
10-12-2004 02:04 PM
user13774
Disabled Account

This BETA isn't compatible with the 1.0 version right?
10-12-2004 04:47 PM
RicarDog

File Transfer Plus developer

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: UPDATE! File Transfer Plus 1.1 BETA
quote:
Originally posted by provolino
Does it work with no plugin in the sender pc too?
For example if i'm using your plugin and i'm receiving a file from "John" using standard messenger protocol (John doesn't use transferplus plugin), can you make the feature works as well?

It doesn't work. Since the Messenger API does not allow the detection of Messenger's Send File event, I don't know how to intercept it. However, Plus! is able to do something like that (i.e. auto-accept), so it might be possible.*-)
quote:
Another suggestion is if you can enable it also when auto-accept is not selected (maybe the save windows could show the defaul download path\<sendermailaddress>\ as default so you can change it if you need or just press ok to start download)

That may be possible, I'll add to my to-do list...
quote:
Originally posted by provolino

Currently I can't, for the same reason as described above.
quote:
Another thing for the next release could you implant some code so it can be overinstalled on a 1.0 version? Or if it detects a 1.0 version it auto uninstalls it and then installs 1.1 It because i tell people to uninstall 1.0 first but they dont do it and overinstall and then transfers usually dont work.
Actually it can be installed over 1.0, except 1.0 BETA (the first version), because it used another setup technology. In that case, the 1.1 Setup will tell the user to remove 1.0 BETA and then the installation will be aborted (it won't even start).
quote:
Originally posted by Markus
This BETA isn't compatible with the 1.0 version right?
Yes, 1.0 BETA/BETA 2/RELEASE are not compatible with 1.1 ALPHA/BETA.

This post was edited on 10-12-2004 at 07:28 PM by RicarDog.
Latest File Transfer Plus: 1.1 RELEASE (1.1.14)
In development: 2.0
10-12-2004 07:27 PM
BlackStar

I'm one of the Good Guys!

75 / Male / –
I shared it with a friend, far away from me. He has the latest version of MSN messenger and Messenger Plus. But the plugin won't show up in the Messenger Plus Options. He has installed it twice but at no avail. The "Allow Plugin on  this account" is set.
I am not able to find out why it won't show up on his computer. Mine is working fine, and the FileTransferPlus is also the only Plugin that he has.
Any ideas?

Update: After a third installation and a reboot the Plugin is finally there, but when transferring, nothing happens on his side. When he transfers, my receive dialogue pops up but bothing gets transfered. He has a public IP and no firewall. No answer on Ping, and Traceroute times out. Talked to his ISP today and they block only Port 445. Other IP's in his range and is online are Pingable. Could it be cable or hardware? Anyone else having this problem?
I scratch my head...

This post was edited on 10-13-2004 at 04:34 PM by BlackStar.
10-13-2004 10:40 AM
Pages: (50): « First « 13 14 15 16 [ 17 ] 18 19 20 21 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: