What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » File Transfer Plus 1.1 RELEASE (update 14/09)

Pages: (50): « First « 14 15 16 17 [ 18 ] 19 20 21 22 » Last »
8 votes - 4.5 average   File Transfer Plus 1.1 RELEASE (update 14/09)
Author: Message:
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: UPDATE! File Transfer Plus 1.1 BETA
quote:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by provolino
hmm could you "hook" this plugin so that when i press the standard "Send Files" button in a MSN Messenger window it trys to use FTPlus and if it doesnt find that the other person has it it automatically goes to the normal MSN transfer system.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently I can't, for the same reason as described above.

quote:

So then its possible or cant be done? Im not sure if u ment the one above or the one above the above one hehe.

heres a thought i had: maybe its possible for when i click "Send Files" your plugin automatically detects that command has been requested and answers FALSE (NO or 0 whatever programers use. This FALSE/NO/0 is aimed at the "Cancel" button in the select the files you want to send dialog) and when detected that this "Cancel" from that dialog has been triggered, it starts up your plugin's transfer. And since your plugin already detects if the other person has the plugin (a FTPlus transfer) or not (a regular MSN transfer) thats not a problem.

Im a n00b at programming so dont flame me if im wrong...

This post was edited on 10-13-2004 at 06:39 PM by riahc4.
10-13-2004 06:35 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
hurricane_cn

where i can download FILE TRANSFER PLUS 1.1 BETA??
10-13-2004 08:28 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Jeronimo

Which one is the monkey?

42 / – / –
quote:
Originally posted by hurricane_cn
where i can download FILE TRANSFER PLUS 1.1 BETA??
Its attached to the very first post on this thread. RicarDog updates the first post with all the latest information.

You can check it out by clicking here (y)
10-13-2004 08:41 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
RicarDog

File Transfer Plus developer

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: UPDATE! File Transfer Plus 1.1 BETA
quote:
Originally posted by BlackStar
Update: After a third installation and a reboot the Plugin is finally there, but when transferring, nothing happens on his side. When he transfers, my receive dialogue pops up but bothing gets transfered. He has a public IP and no firewall. No answer on Ping, and Traceroute times out. Talked to his ISP today and they block only Port 445. Other IP's in his range and is online are Pingable. Could it be cable or hardware? Anyone else having this problem?
I scratch my head...

I don't know what is causing that, but you can workaround the problem by asking him to enable 'passive mode' in Connection settings.
quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
So then its possible or cant be done? Im not sure if u ment the one above or the one above the above one hehe.

I meant the first one, the reason is that I can't detect the click in the Send File button...

EDIT: Using Spy++ I've found the WM_COMMAND sent by Messenger when the Send File button is pressed, so there are more chances now :D

This post was edited on 10-14-2004 at 02:28 AM by RicarDog.
Latest File Transfer Plus: 1.1 RELEASE (1.1.14)
In development: 2.0
10-14-2004 12:03 AM
BlackStar

I'm one of the Good Guys!

75 / Male / –
Thanks Ricardog, but he is already in Passive Mode.
Another odd thing is that when he tries to configure, the Interface always pops up under all other windows wich gave him a headache because it was impossible for him to reach it so he used the powerbutton to get out of that imposssible situation several times. Perhaps something went wrong because of that.

LEIF: 1.Nor Messenger Plus!'s or the Filetransfer Config is visible in Alt+Tab
Because when FTP configwin shows up, the MSGP disappears from the Alt+Tab display. Probably some bug there.

2. He has alreayd Uninstalled and Installed 3 times. And this on a brand new WinXP SP2 installation w all updates done. (A legal one...)

This post was edited on 10-14-2004 at 06:25 AM by BlackStar.
10-14-2004 05:52 AM
Leif

81 / Male / –
RE: RE: UPDATE! File Transfer Plus 1.1 BETA
quote:
... the Interface always pops up under all other windows wich gave him a headache because it was impossible for him to reach it ...

Alt+Tab?

quote:
...so he used the powerbutton to get out of that imposssible situation several times. Perhaps something went wrong because of that.

Uninstall --> reinstall
10-14-2004 06:01 AM
RicarDog

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: UPDATE! File Transfer Plus 1.1 BETA
The Config window opens as a modal dialog for the conversation window (or the MsgPlus window) that was used to open it, so giving focus to that window will also give focus to the Config window.

Does he have Windows Messenger installed on the computer? Sometimes the Messenger API won't work without it, usually causing strange bugs...
10-14-2004 11:06 PM
BlackStar

I'm one of the Good Guys!

75 / Male / –
Aha, well that could be it. He has the Windows Messsenger that is bundled with Windows XP Pro. Perhaps it is too old. I'll check that with him.
Thanks.
10-14-2004 11:14 PM
RicarDog

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: UPDATE! File Transfer Plus 1.1 BETA
Good news! I've managed to intercept the Send File button click and replace it with a File Transfer Plus command. I'll add an option to select between the new "/xtpsend?" command, which checks the existence of the plugin first, and the "/xtpsend" command, which uses File Transfer Plus directly, for the Send File button behavior.

EDIT: Also working for drag-and-drop!

This post was edited on 10-16-2004 at 01:02 AM by RicarDog.
10-15-2004 07:52 PM
pcxzboy

Thx for the plugin.

I have a question for it. Is it supports filename with other languages, such as Japanese ? Because I usually share my favorite Japanese Pop with my firends.

Thx again. m(_ _)m
10-16-2004 04:32 PM
Pages: (50): « First « 14 15 16 17 [ 18 ] 19 20 21 22 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: