What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Presidential Election

Pages: (8): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 7 8 » Last »
Who would you prefer won the election?
This poll is closed.
Kerry 56 80%
Bush 12 17.14%
Nader 2 2.86%
Total: 70 votes 100%
  [Show Results | Edit Poll]

Presidential Election
Author: Message:
Grue

– / Male / –
RE: RE: Presidential Election
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
It is very striking, but logic, that most non-US people would vote for Kerry. And that says a lot about Bush!

Why logic? As an outsider you will actual see what is going on in the world (eg: Iraq). It is sad to say, but most Americans don't see the things we (outsiders) see and thus don't see the things that Bush screws up in a international way. It is sad to bring it up, but most US people don't see/know that Americans die every day by numbers in Iraq. This isn't propaganda, but pure facts as shown on almost every big newschannel in almost every country outside the US. The same goes for the 9/11 issues, etc...

On an international level, Bush has to go, plain and simple.

You think that the Americans don't know about what is going on in Iraq and with what happened on 9/11?? We see it on the news everyday, I’m sure just like you do except more. And we are in a war; of course people are going to die. An average of around 1.8 Americans die each day in Iraq. They do not "die every day by numbers"! We also saw almost too much news about 9/11. Every single day for about 3 months after there was something related to 9/11 (cleanup, who’s responsible, any leads) on the news. I hope you don't really think that we know nothing about international affairs, the war in Iraq, and 9/11.

Also I think that one reason people outside of the US think bush needs to go is because they saw Fahrenheit 9/11 which is most definitely propaganda and they actually believe the things in which Michael Moore portrayed.

The point is that the Americans know better then anyone who is best to lead this country.  The polls show that it is going to be VERY close election.
11-01-2004 03:55 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Presidential Election
I so hate one liners.... anyways, quotes by atownjoe:

A vote for kerry is a vote for ABORTION
So pregnant raped girls have no right in doing abortions in America? So they do it in a bad, uncontrolled, illegal way or have to spend heaps of money to go to another country?

A vote for kerry is a vote for EMBRYONIC STEM CELL RESEARCH
That research has resulted already in many cures for eg: cancers, etc. And "embryonic stem cell research" does not mean killing babies (of a few weeks/months old).

A vote for kerry is a vote for SAME SEX MARRIAGES
Nothing wrong in that IMHO.

A vote for kerry is a vote for EUTHANASIA
Which is again a good thing. Or should people suffer in great pain and agony till the end of their lifes? Or should doctors/family perform euthanasia (cause it will still happen) in an illegal and uncontroled way?

quote:
Originally posted by Grue
You think that the Americans don't know about what is going on in Iraq and with what happened on 9/11?
Not _all_ Americans, no. But I've seen many docus on international TV/Newspapers/etc. which proofs it nicely though (surveys, archiving news, comparing news messages, etc...). Yes, of course people know they are in war, but that doesn't nessecerally mean that they all know what exactly is going on. Again, I'm not speaking about _all_ Americans of course.

quote:
I hope you don't really think that we know nothing about international affairs, the war in Iraq, and 9/11.
Of course not, that wasn't what I meant. What I meant was that a very vast majority of Americans don't know _exactly_ what is going on. They see the war-pics on TV, tanks rolling by, some pics of protesting people maybe, some shooting, ... but they don't see the bodies of the soldiers who die each day (and not only American soldiers).

On same issue, how many people know that there is also a third candidate for president: Ralph Nader? (Although he would never win with 1% of the votes, lol, but still)

quote:
Also I think that one reason people outside of the US think bush needs to go is because they saw Fahrenheit 9/11 which is most definitely propaganda and they actually believe the things in which Michael Moore portrayed.
Not at all, I can assure you that F9/11 is known as pure propaganda by most people in Europe. It even was almost advertised as just that.

quote:
The point is that the Americans know better then anyone who is best to lead this country.
True... but America isn't a country in its own island. If there is one country that makes the world "go around", it is America. The world may not care or know who is being voted for president in Guatamala (so to speak). but the world sure does care who is being voted president in America though. America IS the biggest worldpower. This even means that internal affairs in America are also the affairs of the world.

quote:
The polls show that it is going to be VERY close election.
yeah....

This post was edited on 11-01-2004 at 10:05 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-01-2004 10:00 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
DuckMan 4 President i reckon

This post was edited on 11-01-2004 at 12:18 PM by Hank.
11-01-2004 12:17 PM
Fraisie
Former Super Mod

Pixie Dust!

42 / Female / Flag
It's sad to put it this way atownjoe, but a vote for Kerry is a vote for 2004's realities.

He would get my vote. I'm not much of a republican :\
So, Fraisie.net is empty atm. I\'m trying to come up with something cool to put on it, and I will!
11-01-2004 03:29 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
I have no problem seeing you discuss about politicis here, I just want to remember to everyone to have a real discussion and to not judge anybody becaue he's voting for a rabit or a pinguin. Thank you :)
[Image: signature2.gif]
11-01-2004 04:02 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
After reading this whole thread....including the points Kerry stands for, i would vote Kerry... i can't imagine a country without those rights really...makes me glad i aint american.

Now let's hope he stands behind his election promisses once elected..all too often they turn round like a leaf in the wind once they got the power...
[Image: 25dr3o9]
11-01-2004 04:14 PM
Fraisie
Former Super Mod

Pixie Dust!

42 / Female / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
I have no problem seeing you discuss about politicis here, I just want to remember to everyone to have a real discussion and to not judge anybody becaue he's voting for a rabit or a pinguin. Thank you :)

A rabit !! I'd vote for a rabbit ! oh... no better, I'd vote for a mouse ! I'd vote for Mickey Mouse !
So, Fraisie.net is empty atm. I\'m trying to come up with something cool to put on it, and I will!
11-01-2004 04:30 PM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
RE: RE: Presidential Election
quote:
Originally posted by Fraisie
A rabit !! I'd vote for a rabbit ! oh... no better, I'd vote for a mouse ! I'd vote for Mickey Mouse !

Lol Fraisie, would that be the Mickey Mouse in Disneyworld Florida or the one in Disneyworld Paris?
[Image: 25dr3o9]
11-01-2004 05:02 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

I really wouldn't vote for John Kerry, he seems really up himself because he thinks that he's correct all the time and that he has three purple hearts(rofl), IMO, George Bush has done a good job, as said earlier, no other presidents for a while have had to go through all the trouble that he has in the past 4 years. He's gone through so many problems like 9/11, Iraq, Saddam Hussein and the Alquaeda! He's handled it amazingly well, people put him down to much, and its just harsh, maybe he isn't the smartest guy in the world, but i'd like to see some of you to try and control a lot of stuff without firing a nuke at all.
11-01-2004 05:49 PM
TGG

32 / Male / –
In america, when a certain baseball team plays a game before the elections, if that team wins then the current president wins the election, and if the baseball team loses then the opposing candidat wins. Last time i heard, that team was losing... :P
11-01-2004 05:54 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (8): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 7 8 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: