What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Presidential Election

Pages: (8): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 7 8 » Last »
Who would you prefer won the election?
This poll is closed.
Kerry 56 80%
Bush 12 17.14%
Nader 2 2.86%
Total: 70 votes 100%
  [Show Results | Edit Poll]

Presidential Election
Author: Message:
Fraisie
Former Super Mod

Pixie Dust!

42 / Female / Flag
RE: Presidential Election
quote:
Originally posted by TGG
In america, when a certain baseball team plays a game before the elections, if that team wins then the current president wins the election, and if the baseball team loses then the opposing candidat wins. Last time i heard, that team was losing... :P

The Red Sox ? :\
So, Fraisie.net is empty atm. I\'m trying to come up with something cool to put on it, and I will!
11-01-2004 06:37 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
TGG

32 / Male / –
i'm not sure who it was :undecided:
11-01-2004 06:39 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Fraisie
Former Super Mod

Pixie Dust!

42 / Female / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by TGG
i'm not sure who it was :undecided:

Well, Kerry being from Massachussets, and the Red Sox being the team from Boston Massachussets, does that mean Kerry will win, since the Red Sox won ? :P
So, Fraisie.net is empty atm. I\'m trying to come up with something cool to put on it, and I will!
11-01-2004 06:41 PM
Weyzza
Veteran Member

SoCal sunset > *

– / Male / –
TGG, did you mean a football team?

If so, it's Washington D.C. Redskins.

This is on the very same thread.
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=33...d=331064#pid331064

This post was edited on 11-01-2004 at 06:56 PM by Weyzza.
Registered 7639 days, 1 hour, 21 minutes, 6 seconds ago.
Happy Birthday, WDZ

11-01-2004 06:55 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pr0xY
Veteran Member

passwords are for treehouses

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
A vote for kerry is a vote for ABORTION
So pregnant raped girls have no right in doing abortions in America?
So they do it in a bad, uncontrolled, illegal way or have to spend heaps of money to go to another country?
Well I'm not for abortion either but that is the one arguement that I do agree with.  If there can be solution to that problem and still have abortions be illegal, I'd be happy.  I'm more against late term abortions, like when the baby is about 4 months or older. 

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Of course not, that wasn't what I meant. What I meant was that a very vast majority of Americans don't know _exactly_ what is going on. They see the war-pics on TV, tanks rolling by, some pics of protesting people maybe, some shooting, ... but they don't see the bodies of the soldiers who die each day (and not only American soldiers).
Yeah it is sad that most americans don't know what is going on in Iraq.  I know alot about what is going on in there, since my cousin is stationed in Iraq right now and I talk with him twice a week.  From what he tells me there is alot of good going on in there, sadly the news stations wont show it, they are only bent on showing the bad stuff, like death, bombings, ext...
11-01-2004 07:19 PM
ZrednaZ

37 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Presidential Election
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
I really wouldn't vote for John Kerry, he seems really up himself because he thinks that he's correct all the time and that he has three purple hearts(rofl), IMO, George Bush has done a good job, as said earlier, no other presidents for a while have had to go through all the trouble that he has in the past 4 years. He's gone through so many problems like 9/11, Iraq, Saddam Hussein and the Alquaeda! He's handled it amazingly well, people put him down to much, and its just harsh, maybe he isn't the smartest guy in the world, but i'd like to see some of you to try and control a lot of stuff without firing a nuke at all.

You're right on the 9/11 part, no doubt that's an dissatisfying way of starting off your presidency.  However wouldn't you agree that the whole Iraq and Saddam Hussein thing was in a sense self inflicted by Bush? I don't see what Saddam Hussein had to do with anything. I just think Bush needed someone - anyone - to point his finger at, and apparently Iraq became the target. Maybe this will help back up my statement: Schoolyard Politics

//Zred

This post was edited on 11-01-2004 at 07:25 PM by ZrednaZ.
No, I didn't search before
posting. Don't bother asking.
11-01-2004 07:23 PM
bach_m
Veteran Member

4837 :P

37 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by TGG

In america, when a certain baseball team plays a game before the elections, if that team wins then the current president wins the election, and if the baseball team loses then the opposing candidat wins. Last time i heard, that team was losing...

U meant the Redskins (american football team). and they lost, so the challenger (Kerry) will wine, so they say.

1 more thing about the sports teams: Everytime a the Red Sox have won the World series in an election year, Wodrow Wilson has won the election. So my prediction: Wodrow wilson in a landslide
11-01-2004 08:43 PM
Jhrono
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
BUSH!!!i won't discuss this matter...if anyone remembers my "what's the meaning of the world" thread(oh man that one did hurt :D) knows that i'm 99% pro Bush/America...Oh and 1% Santana(the democrat in power)/Portugal:D
11-01-2004 08:45 PM
weeeee

37 / Male / –
Sorry there are things that i don't understand, "george bush had done a good job" . I ask: where is this good job?

He had invaded afganistan because he said that he would capture Bin Laden, but he didn't find him, in fact we now know that he had bussines with the familiy Bin laden and this lokks a little suspicious.

He had invaded Irak because he said that irak and Sadam Husein had massive weapons, but nobody found this massive weapons, we only now that the US has the majority of the massive weapons.

The situation in Middle East is worst than in the last decades

The jobs in the US are  decreasing, the money for the education has been cut

The civil liberties has been cut.

For me this is enough for no vote bush, kerry is at the moment the only option for a safer world, for a world without the worst terrorist (bush)

This post was edited on 11-01-2004 at 10:39 PM by weeeee.
11-01-2004 10:25 PM
Weyzza
Veteran Member

SoCal sunset > *

– / Male / –
I don't think that war(s) becomes a valid argument to show who the better candidate is, knowing that Kerry was actually supporting the war itself :-/

I know the fact that Kerry voted yes on going to the war.
But I forgot when I read it and now I'm too lazy to search for it :p

It is very normal that he opposes the war, because he wants to be the president. He (and his party) will do anything to win the election.

So... let's just stop talking about war :)

That's why I don't like Kerry who keeps changing his mind. Moreover, his stands are not clear. For instance, he is said to be supporting gay marriage, but in the last presidential debate, he said that marriage was between man and woman. I laughed when I was watching the debate tbh.

Another example... Kerry is said to be religious, yet he supports abortion.

Well, I'm sorry I have never yelled with this phrase before, but wtf?!
A less strict guy would never be able to lead a country like the U.S. 8-)

This post was edited on 11-01-2004 at 11:09 PM by Weyzza.
Registered 7639 days, 1 hour, 21 minutes, 6 seconds ago.
Happy Birthday, WDZ

11-01-2004 10:50 PM
Pages: (8): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 7 8 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: