What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta)

Pages: (20): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
1 votes - 5 average   Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta)
Author: Message:
Kryptonate
Veteran Member

37 / Male / –
O.P. Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta)
Seeing there are already 2 threads about bugs in Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) and probably soon will follow more they should be brought all together in one thread. This is easier for people who found a bug but don't know if it has been reported already or not.

First bug:
The personalized status tag appears not be working with MSN Messenger 7 (beta)

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=34027

Second bug
Contacts can't be dragged to another group. If they have colours in their name and u try to drag them to another group you can't see these colours anymore until you close and reopen the group list.
Seems to be for MSN Messenger 7.0.0225 (beta) and seems to be working good for 7.0.0332.

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=34032

Please make sure you use the latest version of MSN Messenger 7 beta (7. 0.0425) if you report a bug while you use Plus! 3.40 (beta) with MSN Messenger 7.

Always give the version of MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger you are using + your Windows version.

Update: Please don't report any problems with Plus! 3.40 beta if you are using MSN Messenger 7.0.0604. It is known that some things don't work the way they should work. It will be solved in 3.50 (which will be released in about a month).

This post was edited on 02-13-2005 at 01:26 PM by Kryptonate.
11-03-2004 02:15 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta)
Also: Blank bar in the bottom of message window
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=34026

Before reporting read this too:

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Here is a list of known bugs/limitations in Messenger Plus! 3.40 Beta. Bug reports are always welcomed (mplus@patchou.com) but first, be sure that your bug is not listed here. If you want to help but can't download Messenger 7 for now, you should know that it is as important for me to know that the new version works as well with older versions (4, 5, 6) than it works with the new one.
  • The "Hide advertisement banner" is not available in MSN Messenger 7 anymore. The reason is not entirely technical, I just felt this option had not its place in Messenger Plus! anymore, thank you for understanding.
  • Some people in your contact list may be displayed with a different font than usual. This is due to the new "name multi-format" feature and it will be fixed in the final version. You can disable that feature to remove the bug by setting "ContactListMultiFormat" to 0 in the preferences registry key.
  • No Plus! Enhanced Icon in the contact list for now, I'm working on a solution that will integrate nicely in the new Messenger 7 interface.
  • The POP3 E-Mail feature will display popups for new emails but won't update the email count in the contact list (will be fixed too, somehow).
  • The /nick command does not work. This means that you'll have to find another way to change your name (in Windows Messenger for example) if you want to benefit from the "name multi-format" feature

This post was edited on 11-03-2004 at 02:48 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
11-03-2004 02:45 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Kryptonate
Veteran Member

37 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta)
Bug:
If you try to give an offline contact a custom name with colors by right clicking the contact and choosing to change the custom name it crashes Plus!. If you go Plus! --> Preferences --> Contact list --> Custom names it does not crash.

MSN Messenger version: 7.0.0332

This post was edited on 11-03-2004 at 05:54 PM by Kryptonate.
11-03-2004 05:13 PM
Eljay
Elite Member

:O

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Kryptonate
Bug:
If you try to give an offline contact a custom name with colors by right clicking the contact and choosing to change the custom name it crashes Plus!. If you go Plus! --> Preferences --> Contact list --> Custom names it does not crash.

MSN Messenger version: not said

i can confirm this bug for MSN Version 7.0.0332
11-03-2004 05:17 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
D2D

problem with the plug-ins
i have a problem with the new plus version that may be considered as a bug. If you have the StuffPlug-NG, you will notice that it doesn't work on the new plus "Beta", at least the Window Opened Notifier and the property that notifies you when someone closes the conversation with you.

===

NOTE:-
- I have Windows XP Professional SP1
- MSN Messenger 7.0.0332(Beta)
- Messenger Plus! v3.40 (Beta)
11-03-2004 06:27 PM
Kryptonate
Veteran Member

37 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by D2D
i have a problem with the new plus version that may be considered as a bug. If you have the StuffPlug-NG, you will notice that it doesn't work on the new plus "Beta", at least the Window Opened Notifier and the property that notifies you when someone closes the conversation with you.

===

NOTE:-
- I have Windows XP Professional SP1
- MSN Messenger 7.0.0332(Beta)
- Messenger Plus! v3.40 (Beta)
This hasn't got anything to do with MsgPlus! itself but with Stuffplug-NG.
More information: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=32913
11-03-2004 06:31 PM
iemanduitnederland

A question about MSN Messenger 7 with Plus 3.40b

You said the /nick option doesn't work anymore, feel sorry :(;)

My question: Is it going to be fixed?
If answer is no, how can I change my name then, using colors ;)

Greetz RvD
11-03-2004 07:24 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
The group color thing will be addressed... as for the status tag, sorry about that, it's the same reason as for the /nick command. These important issues will probably be fixed in another beta, before I continue to work on the new stuff.
[Image: signature2.gif]
11-03-2004 07:27 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Kryptonate
Veteran Member

37 / Male / –
Bug:
quote:
Originally posted by Matty

If you try to rename a contact who is apart of the Mobile group Plus! freezes and so does MSN Messenger but when you restart MSN Messenger the name has been set.

Messenger Client Version: 7.0.0332

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=34096
11-04-2004 09:52 PM
PhbrOptiks

39 / Male / –
Hey,

So my question is. I have an extreme amount of people on my msgr list. After hours of running, my computer tends to SEVERLY start slowing down, it feels like an old 386DX. Especially Msgr it takes 5 minutes to get a msg, if i uninstall plus everything is fine. i would say its either me or my computer except for the fact, that network administrator is my career so im very concious on whats on my computer, and i would say its not my computer becuase its a dual xeon, with 4 GB of high performance RAM. Im wondering if this is a known bug, if its becuase im running dual monitors, i figured maybe it has something to do with dropping my list on the second monitor or something. some insight into this would be great.

im running the newest version of each msgr and plus

-thanks Chad

This post was edited on 11-05-2004 at 04:06 PM by PhbrOptiks.
11-05-2004 04:05 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (20): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: