What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta)

Pages: (20): « First « 3 4 5 6 [ 7 ] 8 9 10 11 » Last »
1 votes - 5 average   Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta)
Author: Message:
plus-media

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta)
Hi, I don't know whether this is a bug report, as much as a little thing, but when using the winks feature in msn 7, if the currently executing wink goes near the msg plus icon(/button) (in the contact window) then it flashes slightly, the other buttons e,.g. packs, emoticons etc don't flash.

Msn Version: 7.0.0425
Plus! Version: 3.40.109 BETA
Windows Build: Win XP (Professional 2002 build) SP2

I'm not complaining, just filing something I think may help! Thanks Patchou for a brilliant bit of software, I can't live without Messenger Plus! :)
11-22-2004 11:57 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
.blade//
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
Just thought I'd report some really REALLY minor things :P

I was doing some integrity testing (basically trying to crash Plus! :P) today, and as part of the tests I did some Boss Protection mode things. Bugs I found:

• You can't go into boss protection mode while the Plus! options menu is open.
  • If you right click on a contact's name in the main window, then enter boss protection mode, the drop down menu doesn't dissappear with the window.
  • If you view a contact's 'contact card' , then enter boss protection mode, the drop down menu doesn't dissappear with the window.
  • The custom away status box doesn't dissappear if you set your status to away, it pops up, then you enter boss protection mode. (Entering boss protection mode while the custom status box is still visible.
  • The 'More Emoticons' window stays visible when you enter boss protection mode.
  • The Emoticons window (the one where you view all emoticons and add new ones) stays visible when you enter boss protection mode.

Oh, also a small note - while plus! is enabled, I seem to have problems installing theme packs. They work fine when I shut down plus! (and run fine with plus! if they are pre-installed), but if I install them while plus! is running, MSN crashes part way through (I think it has something to do with the custom emoticons it installs with the pack).

Sorry for my big bug list, but I thought it would be good if you knew ;) :P
[Image: A%20Pointy%20Rock.jpg]
11-23-2004 08:07 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
brad__bomb

– / Male / –
I've got a small problem, probably a bug but I'm not 100% sure. I noticed it when I was gone and checked the events log.

I'm using the optional msg plus version of the 'idle' status, making my status change to {idle} after 10 minutes. I changed my status to {gone out}, but when I returned the status was set to {idle}. Shouldn't it stay in the personalised status?

Anyway, good job on the plugin Patchou, and remember: Just keep on truckin'! ... I mean coding!
[Image: Sig2.png]
11-26-2004 02:03 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
grommet

am i evil? i am man

35 / Male / –
hey

im using: messenger plus! 3.40.110 beta and msn messenger 7.0.0425

i have given a couple of contacts custom non-coloured names and added those contacts to the desktop.
now as i look at my contact list, my contacts dont have the emoticons displayed in there names and it
looks like the list in msn 6 and below.

hope this helps

later

btw the new version of plus is pretty nifty, i look forward to seeing the polished piece, keep up the good work!
11-27-2004 01:14 AM
Underlord
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by grommet
i have given a couple of contacts custom non-coloured names and added those contacts to the desktop.
now as i look at my contact list, my contacts dont have the emoticons displayed in there names and it
looks like the list in msn 6 and below.
This is a limitation of the custom names function and will not be fixed in the near future :).

This post was edited on 11-27-2004 at 01:44 AM by Underlord.
11-27-2004 01:43 AM
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
ok heres a new bug i have discovered. this bug occurs within messenger lock. i locked messenger so then it would no longer disturb me. everytime a notification is made on messenger it doesnt become visible which is good but i hear the audio alert sound and it causes the away icon on the messenger system tray icon to disappear. im sure its not designed to do that right?
12-02-2004 03:11 PM
blaxez

My computer seems to freeze almost everytime when I open my encrypted chat log, is this a bug?

I am using MSN Version: 7.0.0425, Plus! Version: 3.40.112 BETA
and WinXP Pro SP2.
12-04-2004 02:23 AM
f1d0d1d08989

33 / Male / –
quote:
Posted by blaxez - Today at 10:23 AM
My computer seems to freeze almost everytime when I open my encrypted chat log, is this a bug?

I am using MSN Version: 7.0.0425, Plus! Version: 3.40.112 BETA
and WinXP Pro SP2.

I am currently on the same config as you, but I do not encounter any problems with it...
Does anyone else have tis problem?
12-04-2004 02:46 AM
lopardo
Veteran Member

37 / Male / Flag
  • In the previous beta, Plus icon in IM windows flickered when playing winks, now it disappears. I've tried this with Peri, and it completely disappeared for him and it never came back (he's using Windows 98, I'm using Windows XP SP2).

• Strike-through text (like this) shortcut doesn't work. It was CTRL+S, but now Messenger 7 uses it to search in MSN Search, so it doesn't work anymore.
[Image: userbar452797dd.gif]
12-04-2004 09:26 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
machiel

Hi I don't know if this is a bug or if it's allready reported but i think it isn't. When you have custom emoticons(animated gif's) added to your msn. The will not be shown in the emo panel. That panel when you typ " ( " and wait a second. Does somebody know if this is a bug or something like that?

This post was edited on 12-05-2004 at 12:11 AM by machiel.
12-05-2004 12:01 AM
Pages: (20): « First « 3 4 5 6 [ 7 ] 8 9 10 11 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: