What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta)

Pages: (20): « First « 4 5 6 7 [ 8 ] 9 10 11 12 » Last »
1 votes - 5 average   Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta)
Author: Message:
j05h

Child prodigy

34 / Male / –
RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta)
wen a contact signs in for the 1st couple of times,there custom name is displayed in the windwo showing that they've signed in,but after sometime or some number of people signing in,it starts to display the email address instead of the custom name.its fixed if i close msn down then re-open it
12-05-2004 01:59 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Sheer_Instinct

ok, i downloaded the new version of msg plus beta & it came back with virus after virus after virus, you name it my pc had it, trojans,diallers,add ware, spyware everything...   the worst of it was a prpgram that would hide in the task screen disguised as LEXPLORE.exe not only that but there were 2 of the damn things and when you tried closing one, it took about 50 end tasks and it seemed the other one would just reboot the 2nd one again....   after 2 days of messing around i managed to clear it, but what the F**K is attached to msg plus that other people dont know about?   only reason i found all these viruses,trojans, diallers etc is because i had the programs ti detect them installed on my pc.....         basically im warning *every* msg plus user that they may be infected with alot of viruses, i found more then 200 on my system, all created after i had downloaded msg plus, coincidence? doubt it... id suggest scanning for viruses with nortan or avg in windows temp files, thats where the problem seemed to begin.... other then that all i can say is good luck at getting rid of any infected files.
12-05-2004 10:07 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Sheer_Instinct
ok, i downloaded the new version of msg plus beta & it came back with virus after virus after virus, you name it my pc had it, trojans,diallers,add ware, spyware everything...   the worst of it was a prpgram that would hide in the task screen disguised as LEXPLORE.exe not only that but there were 2 of the damn things and when you tried closing one, it took about 50 end tasks and it seemed the other one would just reboot the 2nd one again....   after 2 days of messing around i managed to clear it, but what the F**K is attached to msg plus that other people dont know about?   only reason i found all these viruses,trojans, diallers etc is because i had the programs ti detect them installed on my pc.....         basically im warning *every* msg plus user that they may be infected with alot of viruses, i found more then 200 on my system, all created after i had downloaded msg plus, coincidence? doubt it... id suggest scanning for viruses with nortan or avg in windows temp files, thats where the problem seemed to begin.... other then that all i can say is good luck at getting rid of any infected files.

ok did you install the OPTIONAL SPONSOR when you installed the latest msgplus? if so then that explains what happened to you. theres an optional sponsor toolbar included with plus you can select "do not accept optional sponsor" during plus installation and it wont be installed. if the sponsors still installled uninstall msgplus then reinstall making sure you say no to the optional sponsor when prompted. ive been using messenger plus for ages i have never gotten a virus from it. ok i do get lots of adware detected by my weekly virus scans but with things like date manager, precision time and stuff that has adware bundled with them thats hardly surprising.
12-05-2004 10:23 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Sheer_Instinct
basically im warning *every* msg plus user that they may be infected with alot of viruses, i found more then 200 on my system
It is simply impossible that it comes from Messenger Plus! and/or its sponsor!

quote:
Originally posted by stuartbennett
if so then that explains what happened to you.
Not entirely.... If Sheer_Instinct downloaded Messenger Plus! from a legimate source and even if the sponsor was installed, it will not install a massive amount of virusses, trojans, diallers, etc...

But, also take note that I have found many virusses attached to many files including Messenger Plus! when you download it from sources like Kazaa!

This post was edited on 12-05-2004 at 11:16 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-05-2004 11:13 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
There is absolutely no dialer and no trojan in my sponsor, just a search and a couple of popups. However, some antivirus/antispywarecompanies love to boosttheir popularity by detecting each seaprate file and registry key as one very dangerous virus.

If you installed Messenger Plus!'s sponsor, just uninstall Messenger Plus! and it will go away.
[Image: signature2.gif]
12-06-2004 12:18 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
venis

Huh?  MSN Handwriting Error
I recently juiced up my msn from 6.2 to 7.0 beta and also installed the messenger plus.  I also had to get the handwriting, because it looked so cool.  however, i first installed the handwriting, then i installed ink, and then the handwriting again.  it works fine, however whenever i open msn for the first time, i get sent to the ink error page.

what can i do to fix this, because the handwriting does work?

thanks andre
12-06-2004 02:10 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Why installing the plugin, then ink redist, then again the plugin?
Anyways, MSN Messenger 7 doesn't need the full handwriting plugin. You only needed to install the Ink Redistributables. Maybe that's your problem. (Didn't tested this before though)
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-06-2004 10:51 AM
Yami Battousai

Legendary Hitokiri

MSN Messenger: 7.0.0425 (BETA)
MsgPlus: 3.40.112 (BETA)
Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2

Colors:
I first open up MSN and i get the nicks with no color and spread out.
(close and reopen)
I get the colors, works fine.
(leave alone...)
Colors go away... Lists the numbers and stuff

BUT...

it works in the IM windows... the To: bar works, in the IM works...

Just letting you know...

Yami Battousai

This post was edited on 12-07-2004 at 01:42 AM by Yami Battousai.
12-07-2004 01:41 AM
DrSushy

I've found a minor bug or maybe "Limitation"
In msgplus with the contact list

When a contact uses a {Personalized} status and goes offline
msgerplus hides the {Personalized} from the nick of the offline user and if he has emoticons in status like: {Personalized :P}
The emoticon hides the (offline)
Not a very important bug but i taught i should tell :)

See the screen:

.jpg File Attachment: msgplusbug.JPG (9.86 KB)
This file has been downloaded 178 time(s).
12-07-2004 02:29 AM
m2arnold

I got an error, but not sure if it's messenger plus or MSN 7 error:
Most times I close a message window it pops up with an error message sayign it found an invalid character in the message history for one of my contacts (as in the MSN 7 saving, not the messenger plus logging).  As I said, I'm not sure who's going wrong here, as I just installed both betas over the weekend, using XP SP2.
12-07-2004 06:12 AM
Pages: (20): « First « 4 5 6 7 [ 8 ] 9 10 11 12 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: