What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta)

Pages: (20): « First « 5 6 7 8 [ 9 ] 10 11 12 13 » Last »
1 votes - 5 average   Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta)
Author: Message:
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta)
quote:
Originally posted by m2arnold
I got an error, but not sure if it's messenger plus or MSN 7 error:
Most times I close a message window it pops up with an error message sayign it found an invalid character in the message history for one of my contacts (as in the MSN 7 saving, not the messenger plus logging).  As I said, I'm not sure who's going wrong here, as I just installed both betas over the weekend, using XP SP2.

i get this problem too it dont happen everytime i close a convo but it does happen a lot. i have a tool now that does seem to solve this problem simply go to Mess With Messenger Website and download the "ScanXMLLogs" software this will scan your xml logs of your saved conversations and ensure they are alright thus preventing this problem. :D

i heard about this tool right here on this forum as this problem was posted in another thread and this was the solution someone posted in there. i hope this helps you out m2arnold.
12-07-2004 07:37 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
m2arnold

Thanks for the help.  I downloaded the fix and we'll see if it works.

Matt
12-07-2004 07:44 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by m2arnold
Thanks for the help.  I downloaded the fix and we'll see if it works.

Matt
ok i hope it helps good luck my friend.
12-07-2004 07:52 AM
andylong

38 / Male / –
i'm not sure whether someone already posted it... anyway i found a couple of little bugs in nickname displaying...

1. coloured/styled nickname display in contact list window works just fine, except when you move one contact from one group to another: in this case Messenger displays all names non-formatted and orange (whole dragging) and non-formatted and black (after dropping).

2. personalized status labels are not handled in the contact card window (or whatever it's called: the one which appears when you single-click a contact's online icon): the status fields shows Away and the personalised status text is simply displayed as received (i.e., in {} after contact's nickname)

moreover, i found some strange texts in the Italian translation... if you need Italian translator i'm available ;)
12-08-2004 02:39 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by andylong
moreover, i found some strange texts in the Italian translation... if you need Italian translator i'm available
post the mistakes and corrections in the translation forum: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=24
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-08-2004 03:02 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by andylong
i'm not sure whether someone already posted it... anyway i found a couple of little bugs in nickname displaying...

1. coloured/styled nickname display in contact list window works just fine, except when you move one contact from one group to another: in this case Messenger displays all names non-formatted and orange (whole dragging) and non-formatted and black (after dropping).

2. personalized status labels are not handled in the contact card window (or whatever it's called: the one which appears when you single-click a contact's online icon): the status fields shows Away and the personalised status text is simply displayed as received (i.e., in {} after contact's nickname)

moreover, i found some strange texts in the Italian translation... if you need Italian translator i'm available ;)

in addition to this personalized names are not displayed on a contacts cards either. one of my contacts i named "[LAVA] Raz" the name that he setup on his messenger under tools options is simply "Raz" when i view his contact card his name shows up as "Raz" not "[LAVA] Raz" which is what i would prefer it to say. this also means that if coloured nicknames were given to my contacts by me when i rename them the coloured name wouldnt show either can this be fixed in the final release version?
12-08-2004 03:17 PM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
To complete the list (if these haven't been put inhere already):

MSN exits when sending or receiving messages when plus is installed

and

Missing tabs after Plus BETA update
[Image: 25dr3o9]
12-08-2004 03:35 PM
j05h

Child prodigy

34 / Male / –
Huh?  RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta)
how come the nick name changer notifier doesnt tell you what the previous nick name is?it says (new name) has changed his name to (new name) ^o)
i thought it was supposed to say (old name) has changed his name to (new name)

.jpg File Attachment: name.jpg (39.86 KB)
This file has been downloaded 212 time(s).
12-08-2004 07:49 PM
devilhood

instance of a specified state

41 / Male / –
Hey Patchou, you're a top guy:)
Ok basically I'm using your latest Plus! beta with the latest MSN 7 beta, there seems to be a re-occuring issue with custom contact names (BETA font attributes is turned off btw).
After minimizing MSN 7 for a while, custom names would literally disappear and e-mail addresses are displayed instead, opening up a conversation window would still reveal the custom name via the title bar however.
I know a couple of other people with totally different system specs experiencing the same problem.
Sorry if this has already been mentioned before.

Keep up the good work dude!

Pawel.
--> dèvîlhººd - Instance Of A Specified State <--
y o u   s h o u l d   k n o w   th a t
b u l l e t s   ƒ l y   t h r o u g h   y o u
n o   m o r e   w o rries
nothing touches you
12-09-2004 02:30 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
j05h

Child prodigy

34 / Male / –
yer,that happens to mine aswel but i have tried it with the beta colour nicknames thing enabled and disabled and the problem still occurs
12-09-2004 04:48 PM
Pages: (20): « First « 5 6 7 8 [ 9 ] 10 11 12 13 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: