What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » Forum & Website » Game Forum?

Pages: (4): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 » Last »
Game Forum?
Author: Message:
.blade//
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
RE: Game Forum?
quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
true, or do u really want a subforum were onlyblade will post (about halo of course :P).

:dodgy: That is not true :| I make very few threads about Halo :dodgy: :notfunny:

And TBA, there are actually quite a few game topics. I've noticed several Halo ones (other than mine) several GTA: SA ones, severl next gen. console ones, and several about your fav. games and such, and others...

Whether or not it deserves its own forum is debateable, but that one thread in GCC just doesn't cut it...

This post was edited on 11-12-2004 at 02:48 AM by .blade//.
[Image: A%20Pointy%20Rock.jpg]
11-12-2004 02:35 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Chrono
forum admin

;o

39 / Male / Flag
it does, maybe u should start to post there instead of creating new threads about the same :P

(and i was joking when i said ur name :P)
[Image: wdz_discrate.png]
11-12-2004 02:45 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
KeyStorm
Elite Member

Inn-sewer-ants-pollie-sea

38 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Game Forum?
I agree that there aren't many Game threads. But there are some, and the tendence is growing, since newer gaming technologies are constantly appearing.

I reckon  only one thread is not enough. Why? thread means topic, and  we can't put the new Playstation together with Half-Life 2 in one topic. I'm also against the gaming threads spread between GCC and TT, which makes it confuse.

As gaming has sub-topics that can be discussed (similarly to Technology) it should have at leat a subforum in TT, in my opinion.

Don't misunderstand me: I'm still agains the multiple threads about a same topic (that handful topics about Halo 2 where doubtless excessive) (blade? few threads? what do you mean by "few"? :refuck:). I'd still report that thread with a pic of the package of an unreleased game (with lots of :drool:ing over it), which is all the way excessive.

But I think it needs certain separation from other topics to not to mess GCC and/or TT up with something that isn't directly relationed with Technology, but isn't really unrelated enough to be in GCC.

My suggestion:
Make a subforum "Gaming Talk" whatsoever in TT. I still think it will be more useful than the Poll Center (How many polls are made there in one week? How many of them are successful, since there is no capability to bump them up in the latest posts, the main page for most members).
This is just a mere comparison to show you there is already a less useful (not useles) forum.

And as I said, Patchou has always been supporting the idea of hosting other topics on this board, not only (but mainly) Messenger Plus! related. There are many members, it's difficult to stick to just one topic.
11-12-2004 02:23 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
If any new forums are to be made, I suggest to start with dividing up some existing forums* (to keep the clutter in order) instead of creating brand new ones....

This is after all a Messenger (Plus!) forum, not an overall general forum of all the popular subjects you can think of. Blade (and others) want a game forum? Well, it is harsh, but there are thousands of dedicated games forums around, post there....

*eg:
plus suggestions
messenger bug reports
messenger addons/plugins/skins

.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-12-2004 02:42 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
_Humphreys
Veteran Member

24 / – / Flag
quote:
There are not that much game topics, but it's true that it's not very clear if game topics belong in tech talk or general CC.

I agree it is a bit confusing with were you should post something about a video game so a sub forum would clear this confusment.

I play games nearly all of the time and I would talk about them to the death lol so it would be nice if there was a game forum for me and for others as I am sure there are people like me!:)
AC3
11-12-2004 04:44 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

quote:
Originally posted by Attitude Extreme
I agree it is a bit confusing with were you should post something about a video game so a sub forum would clear this confusment.

I play games nearly all of the time and I would talk about them to the death lol so it would be nice if there was a game forum for me and for others as I am sure there are people like me!:)

Whys it so hard to find General Chit Chat, it doesn't really fit into any other category. Why should 'gamers' deserve a sub forum, people come in and talk about the sponsor agreement constantly, they don't get a forum called "Sponsor Agreement Chat", I don't see why its any different. If anything, then people to do with the sponsor agreement deserve a forum more. This is NOT a forum dedicated to games, try gamezville? OXM? any others, a forum for gaming, just not this one..

If you'd play them till death, then i'm sure it wouldn't be to hard to his the keys 'www.google.com' then one mouse click into the text box and type in 'games forum'.
11-12-2004 04:51 PM
_Humphreys
Veteran Member

24 / – / Flag
Well there a lot of people here who like games and I see loads of threads in GCC and Tech Talk about games. It would then keep Tech Talk to just Computer Talk and GCC for other things and traxor why are you taking it so serious?
AC3
11-12-2004 04:58 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

quote:
Originally posted by Attitude Extreme
Well there a lot of people here who like games and I see loads of threads in GCC and Tech Talk about games. It would then keep Tech Talk to just Computer Talk and GCC for other things and traxor why are you taking it so serious?

Well, why can't they just keep it to these two, if we don't have a game forum, then the Server Load won't mess up as much, we'll have a bunch of n00bs that don't know anything about messenger plus! joining purely to talk about all of their games, the new category  would be full of spammy posts, and screenshots of games that are completely irrelevant to this forum.

I'm taking it seriously because i'm giving out my facts and opinions in a sensible manner?
11-12-2004 05:02 PM
_Humphreys
Veteran Member

24 / – / Flag
quote:
Well, why can't they just keep it to these two, if we don't have a game forum, then the Server Load won't mess up as much, we'll have a bunch of n00bs that don't know anything about messenger plus! joining purely to talk about all of their games, the new category  would be full of spammy posts, and screenshots of games that are completely irrelevant to this forum.

I'm taking it seriously because i'm giving out my facts and opinions in a sensible manner?

Well you have a couple of points there but there a couple of members who help out talk about plus and talk about games if someone made it clear where to post about the games then I suppose that would work too.
AC3
11-12-2004 05:15 PM
KeyStorm
Elite Member

Inn-sewer-ants-pollie-sea

38 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Game Forum?
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
they don't get a forum called "Sponsor Agreement Chat"

Basically because they can only talk about one thing, THE Sponsor Agreement. But the gaming world is really vast and has many different subtopics thus being interesting to have them somehow separated from GCC.

I'm not saying it should be crowded. Because it won't. But simply move all the discussions and topics about games should be there. Just the same as Tech Talk. If Tech Talk didn't exist, all tech threads would be in GCC. As there are many of this kinf, Tech Talk made sense. For this reason I suggest the creation of a Gaming Forum, no more no less.
You could talk about tech better in Neowin, but some things may be discussed here, because it's not confortable to have to move the board to talk about each topic. If this was a small community, ok, let it be. But I'm seing many people wanting to talk a bit about gaming, while they keep track of Messenger Plus!' support, bugs, versions, information, etc.
11-12-2004 05:58 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (4): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: