What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » Forum & Website » Game Forum?

Pages: (4): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 » Last »
Game Forum?
Author: Message:
KeyStorm
Elite Member

Inn-sewer-ants-pollie-sea

38 / Male / –
O.P. Undecided  Game Forum?
Well, in the last weeks/months we've seen many endless topics about upcoming games or "hey I have a pic of the game package :drool:" and so on. Some might deserve going to T&T (specially the one I mentioned), but some other could be interesting for some people, Just as interesting as when we talk about new gadgets or storage technologies in TT.

My thought: As siple as having a gaming subforum.

I know this is a Messenger Plus! community and that's what it has to be... forever, but I know Patchou is positive on having other topic on the board apart from 'bug', 'suggestion', 'suggestion', 'f** sponsor', 'new version', 'bug', etc.

There could be a forum Politics or Sports, but I don't see special interest in most members.

Well, just a thought I had while scratching mi head :P
11-11-2004 12:37 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
user13774
Disabled Account

RE: Game Forum?
There are not that much game topics, but it's true that it's not very clear if game topics belong in tech talk or general CC.
11-11-2004 02:44 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Omar
Spammin' Member!

I have Chrono in my hands! MWAHAHA!!

47 / Male / Flag
Yeah...so i can finally comment on my favorite abandonware ATARI 2600
Comunidad Hispana Oficial del Messenger Plus!  
TReKiE, you might as well face it... you are a dutchie (clogs, tulips and all that) :banana:
11-11-2004 03:05 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

How about you just say you edited it?

I agree that there have been endless topics about games, but can you blame these people, this year has probably been the most astronomically amazing time for gamers. Look at all of the games that have came out, and are coming out, its just endless on how many game there are, and how many are coming out! And, I should add, the topics have mostly been about the years 3 most anticipated games, Halo 2, Half-Life 2 and Doom 3.

Surely you can see how excited we are from this :p.
11-11-2004 09:02 PM
.Roy
Veteran Member

20 / Male / –
RE: RE: Game Forum?
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
How about you just say you edited it?

I agree that there have been endless topics about games, but can you blame these people, this year has probably been the most astronomically amazing time for gamers. Look at all of the games that have came out, and are coming out, its just endless on how many game there are, and how many are coming out! And, I should add, the topics have mostly been about the years 3 most anticipated games, Halo 2, Half-Life 2 and Doom 3.

Surely you can see how excited we are from this :p.

hes right you know... This gaming threads will be gone soon because halo 2 is already released and most good games :-P I still agree with the idea of havving a game forum.. It will be more organized and easier to find threads.. :-P But also gaming goes on general. Because it is general.. So maybe if you do decide to amek a "Game" Forum then change the general chitchat description.. Like make it say the same thing but at the end it says there is also a gaming forum.. Lol my idea :-P
11-11-2004 10:15 PM
Maniac

Posts including T&T: 1684

36 / Male / –
Alright.... my last post was split for an understandable... but debatable reason, so no spam here...

(y) for game forum, the forum i personally go to the most is a nintendo forum.... and even if most of the discussion in it is about Halo and random other stuff.... it's still fun!
[Image: maniacsig0pb.jpg]
*It took Jesus 3 days to respawn! Talk about lag!* :rofl:
11-11-2004 10:27 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

I don't agree that we should have a game forum, this is the Messenger Plus! forum, and Messenger Plus! doesn't have anything to do with games at all, apart from in general chit chat and testing and trashing. Having a games forum would make no sence and make the forum seem.. misguided.
11-11-2004 10:31 PM
dotNorma
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
The only thing that would ever be posted in that forum is Halo 2 nonsense :dodgy:

quote:
Originally posted by Ningc_Maniac
for game forum, the forum i personally go to the most is a nintendo forum.... and even if most of the discussion in it is about Halo and random other stuff.... it's still fun!

Why would you talk about Halo 2 in a Nintendo forum?

This post was edited on 11-12-2004 at 12:48 AM by dotNorma.
11-12-2004 12:47 AM
Pr0xY
Veteran Member

passwords are for treehouses

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
I don't agree that we should have a game forum, this is the Messenger Plus! forum, and Messenger Plus! doesn't have anything to do with games at all, apart from in general chit chat and testing and trashing. Having a games forum would make no sence and make the forum seem.. misguided.
Well you should know there WILL be dead times in the forum, when nothing related to Plus! is there to talk about (like back When Patchou disappeared for like 8 months), and so you DO need something else to chit chat about with your friends.

I'm all for it.  If anyone thinks this is just another way to spam easily to get your post counter up, then just make the posts in that forum not count, I'd rather have that and be able to talk about games freely then triple check a post I make about a game in General Chit Chat to make sure it hasn't already been posted or is spam. 
11-12-2004 01:02 AM
Chrono
forum admin

;o

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by KeyStorm
know this is a Messenger Plus! community and that's what it has to be...
exactly.
quote:
Originally posted by KeyStorm
forum Politics or Sports
lmao are u serious? :P
quote:
Originally posted by Markus
There are not that much game topics
true, or do u really want a subforum were onlyblade will post (about halo of course :P).

I think we have enough forums already. And there aint that many threads about games to put a subforum for them :P. its just 1 member who's crazy about halo (i wont say his name, but it starts with b and finishas with lade :refucck:, and thats it for the videogames threads :P

there is a sticky in GCC so people post their stuff about videogames, and thats enough.
[Image: wdz_discrate.png]
11-12-2004 02:04 AM
Pages: (4): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: