What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » Forum & Website » Game Forum?

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
Game Forum?
Author: Message:
saralk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Game Forum?
I think this is a perfect community, not to big to make yourself seem insignificant, and not to small to make the forums inactive. Neowin, i think is too big so you cant get an equal say.
So I think a games forum would make this forum a lot better
The Artist Formerly Known As saralk
London · New York · Paris
Est. 1989
11-12-2004 07:59 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Chrono
forum admin

;o

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
This is after all a Messenger (Plus!) forum, not an overall general forum of all the popular subjects you can think of. Blade (and others) want a game forum? Well, it is harsh, but there are thousands of dedicated games forums around, post there....
thats exactly my point of view (Y)
quote:
Originally posted by KeyStorm
Basically because they can only talk about one thing, THE Sponsor Agreement. But the gaming world is really vast and has many different subtopics thus being interesting to have them somehow separated from GCC.
exactly, is so vast that there are many forums dedicated to them. if u want to talk about videogames, please, dont do it here :P.
[Image: wdz_discrate.png]
11-12-2004 08:08 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
WDZ
Former Admin

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
quote:
This is after all a Messenger (Plus!) forum, not an overall general forum of all the popular subjects you can think of. Blade (and others) want a game forum? Well, it is harsh, but there are thousands of dedicated games forums around, post there....
thats exactly my point of view (Y)
Mine too. :p A game forum is too much for this board. Gaming-related threads are acceptable, but only because they're just general talk. A forum specifically for game discussion would only encourage more threads about games, and I don't want that. :S Video games don't even have a real relation to MsgPlus or Messenger.
11-12-2004 08:31 PM
Chrono
forum admin

;o

39 / Male / Flag
Maybe they want a games forum to talk about minesweeper and tic tac toe :refuck: :lol:
11-12-2004 08:57 PM
WDZ
Former Admin

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
Maybe they want a games forum to talk about minesweeper and tic tac toe :refuck: :lol:
What is there to talk about? ^o)
11-12-2004 08:59 PM
Chrono
forum admin

;o

39 / Male / Flag
oOoOoOooooo i want to share my tic tac-tics :lol:
11-12-2004 09:01 PM
saralk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
maybe there could be talk about /insult 2?
The Artist Formerly Known As saralk
London · New York · Paris
Est. 1989
11-12-2004 09:36 PM
Maniac

Posts including T&T: 1684

36 / Male / –
RE: RE: Game Forum?
quote:
Originally posted by NoName
The only thing that would ever be posted in that forum is Halo 2 nonsense :dodgy:

quote:
Originally posted by Ningc_Maniac
for game forum, the forum i personally go to the most is a nintendo forum.... and even if most of the discussion in it is about Halo and random other stuff.... it's still fun!

Why would you talk about Halo 2 in a Nintendo forum?

Lol, well it's a forum that's for a nintendo sites but its biggest members are video game freaks not fanboys and atm halo is our major source of discussion :p
[Image: maniacsig0pb.jpg]
*It took Jesus 3 days to respawn! Talk about lag!* :rofl:
11-13-2004 12:26 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
btw, am I wrong in saying that this whole discussion only appeared because we had many different threads, all about Halo, which easly could've been posted in 1 or 2 single threads, instead of multiple threads all about the same Halo-subject?

I think, in other words, that the problem wasn't talk about a game (Halo) but about the fact that multiple threads were created with the exact same contents, while the older threads could easly be continued instead of creating yet another thread with the same Halo-subject...

(eg: just like those "what's your favorite song" threads... how many are there by now? It's not a problem to make such a thread, but it is when people are constantly creating new threads with exactly the same contents: eg: "list your song top-10")

This post was edited on 11-13-2004 at 09:01 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-13-2004 09:00 AM
user27089
Disabled Account

quote:
btw, am I wrong in saying that this whole discussion only appeared because we had many different threads, all about Halo, which easly could've been posted in 1 or 2 single threads, instead of multiple threads all about the same Halo-subject?

I think, in other words, that the problem wasn't talk about a game (Halo) but about the fact that multiple threads were created with the exact same contents, while the older threads could easly be continued instead of creating yet another thread with the same Halo-subject...

(eg: just like those "what's your favorite song" threads... how many are there by now? It's not a problem to make such a thread, but it is when people are constantly creating new threads with exactly the same contents: eg: "list your song top-10")

I agree that there could've been only one thread, but the excitement between people meant that they weren't able to press the Search button to look for a thread, its quite annoying, the amount of multiple threads that are exactly the same there are.

11-13-2004 10:42 AM
Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: