What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » fake ppl- do you agree??

Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
fake ppl- do you agree??
Author: Message:
_mwah_

O.P. Huh?  fake ppl- do you agree??
hiya ppl. i have been gettin really annoyed recentli with people close to meacting like things they arent around different people. i was just wonderin if there was anyone else out there feeling the same sort of thing at the moment. i especially hate it when people pretend they smoke. that happens so much at my school- no mentioning any names but it really annoys me! can people talk back at me and tell me how they cope wif it! it seems as tho people get more popular when they act fake but it thought you wer mena b urself in this world right?[/font]
11-23-2004 07:11 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Caboose

35 / Male / –
RE: fake ppl- do you agree??
I hate people who try to be something they're not. Most of them are insecure and they just want to be accepted, so they create a fake image so people will like them. While being a bit insecure myself, I will NEVER do something that low. I will never give up myself or who I am.
11-23-2004 07:17 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pr0xY
Veteran Member

passwords are for treehouses

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by _mwah_
it seems as tho people get more popular when they act fake
Welcome to society as we know it. 

The main reason people act fake is because its how they saw their peers(mainly the older people they looked up to) do it.  And even if they dont actually agree or like what they are doing, they will pretend that they do it, so they fit in. 
11-23-2004 07:21 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
Sadly enough there's plenty of ppl pretending to be something/somebody they are not...just to impress or belong.

To be honest doing such a thing is the worst you can do because in the end the truth will come out..and who is gonna trust someone who has lied all along? Pretending to be something/somebody you're not is lying to yourself and it does more harm than it does good.

If ppl don't accept you as you are they are not worthy being your friend...stay true..esp. towards yourself ;)
[Image: 25dr3o9]
11-23-2004 07:44 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Stigmata
Veteran Member

20 / Other / Flag
i totally agree :)

nearly every single girl in my year at school are like that....
say they talk to you when your on your own, but ignore you with friends etc..

and with the smoking thing. i am kinda lucky, nearly all my mates detest smoking in a fluent way, as well as myself. but there is that luke boy.. ¬_¬

i guess what everyone is going to say is oh be your self etc...
but i guess they will all be proberly hipocrits.. :s sorry if untrue..

it is best to stay true to yourself, and u should feel free to be slightly fake, just make sure you know the limit. if someone offers you a fag or something, make something up :S i duno, ive always said i wouldnt smoke because of my football, and if you went to my school, you would know how passionate i am about it. I have even finished with girlfriends because of smoking, the taste left in your mouth if your a non-smoking kissing a smoker is vile. 
11-23-2004 07:49 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
IcyAngel

The Ice Princess

34 / Female / –
I agree...why can't people just act normal? It's really annoying when they pretend to be something or somebody they aren't...just like Sunshine said!

Everyone's different, no one's perfect. Just gotta live with it and deal with your bad points.
[Image: finalfantasybanner_icyangel.jpg]
11-23-2004 07:53 PM
Jhrono
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by _mwah_
it seems as tho people get more popular when they act fake but it thought you wer mena b urself in this world right

right man...in were i live...kinda we have the industrial school(that's the name) and the Liceu Sá da bandeira(Liceu means highschool[here 7th 8th and 9th grade are in high school to)...i'm in Liceu...well the industrial school is full of guys who smoke grass and that sort of things...i have friends there...about 10 guys...but in my school that is seen as a crime or smthng 'cause...here in this one to be part of the elite group(the one i am in but i don't agree) you have to have fashion clothes...like ripcurl sweatshirts, skating 150 € shoes,and also timberland or gant shirts, and classic trousers...you also have to have parents with a good profession(some guys are really assholes...[sorry]which job is better than another??any..it depends on the quality you put in it...)...like doctors, farmers(here a person that as a big farm, some money and a big full of money family is the greatest in the school ghettos)...i hate some of the guys on my group...i talk to everybody...they're like this with 13 14 15 16 17 18 19...is this the future of the world?...if you are reading this and you are like that...forget it...your clothing or family doesn't matter...it matters what you have in your B-R-A-I-N!

This text is for all the ones who think they are my friends...but in my thoughts
i'd prefer be comunist to be like them...

This post was edited on 11-23-2004 at 08:47 PM by Jhrono.
11-23-2004 07:58 PM
dotNorma
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
This is a topic that pretty much applies to anybody/any where.

We have been experiencing alot of this lately. I have a friend who tries to be someone she is not and she isn't liked much because of it. She acts bad and such but everyone knows she is just faking. People started disliking her because she is so fake and she ended up calling us at a party threatning suicide.

The topic of drugs erm... Most of my friends are smart enough to not smoke so that isn't a big worry. But then again some people brought drugs to our last party (We made them leave). At any shcool people could tell you who does drugs (Its pretty obvious) and they talk behind your back about you if you do. It ruins your body and your reputation.

This post was edited on 11-23-2004 at 08:31 PM by dotNorma.
11-23-2004 08:28 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

It really annoys me me when people try to be something that they aren't, they just have this fake person, and then they have their usual selves, I like it when people are down to earth and are the same around everyone, not constantly changing their attitudes etc.

I agree with Stigmata, a lot of the girls in our school are like that, nice alone, but with others ok, unless of course all of their mates like you. They're all rude-girls pretty much, but they're alright.

I admit that I have smoked certain things before, but thats not for here to be honest, but that was a while back when me and my mate fell out over something and I was stressing out, so I went out with some of my other mates.. But NOT again, I don't like smoking at all, I just did it to settle myself down.
11-23-2004 08:39 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
_mwah_

O.P. RE: fake ppl- do you agree??
im glad that theres other people that feel the same way. it would make things so much easier if people acted like who they were. theres always a ring leader of a group of friends though who evryone else follows as well isnt there! thats the problem! theres a popualr group of girls at school but on their own they're great but as a group they aint and theyre duin the whole "init boi" thing! which is fine if your like that but theres no need 2 say it to get m8s! and the whole fag thing comes in as wel! people will say can ya get me sum fags? when they dont even smoke! my close friends totally change when they are around different people. and it annoys me!:@ neways! what dya fink?
11-23-2004 10:09 PM
Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: