What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » a quick question...

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
a quick question...
Author: Message:
kangie

falling...

38 / Female / –
O.P. RE: a quick question...
i just saw the page.... LOL... sorry, but anyone who took that as a serious attempt to get a good reputation, is a but on the.... silly side :P
[Image: sig.jpg]
12-01-2004 10:26 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: a quick question...
Unfortunatly the poll has been deleted, but IIRC there were only a few people who were against it and even less people who flamed him about it. And the thing that was said to him (again, by 1 person, not the entire community) about getting a job was also vastly misinterpreted by him.

The bad temper is also something not new (and that is the whole issue)! If this was a one-time incident, there wouldn't be so much fuzz about it and nobody would say something about it. But the truth is that he more then often flamed against people, were he accused them of being n00bs and full of BS. Unfortunatly, mostly all the rants like that (and were people go against him) are all moved/splitted in T&T and pruned.

He's the programmer of the most popular plugin. But all this doesn't give him the right to act like he regulary acts. If he isn't the helper-type (like he said before) then ok, fine, respect to that, but don't flame people either....

This isn't about an isolated issue (abusing the rep. system), nor about his programming-skills, but about his negative attitude towards people who ask a simple question or come forward with a comment.

Personaly I always cared about StuffPlug-NG (although I personaly don't have aneed for it and thus don't use it) and about TB himself. I often defended him in issues, I recommend StuffPlug-NG to others, etc. I had chats with him, we somtimes joked around on IRC, etc.... If I didn't care or respect him or his skills, I wouldn't do all that.

The only issue I have (and almost all the others, I think) is the bad temper. And it is even because of that that I often don't post things or heavly think about my words and sentences just so that I don't piss him of.

All in all, I still respect him for what he knows and can. But I sure have problems with his bad temper (towards other people).
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-01-2004 10:38 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
WDZ
Former Admin

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by kangie
talking of reputaions, someone wrote this for someone else, as negative "i dont like the way they act on the forums"
That's a perfectly valid reason, and it's like the whole point of negative reputation votes. ^o)

quote:
i just saw the page.... LOL... sorry, but anyone who took that as a serious attempt to get a good reputation, is a but on the.... silly side
I didn't take it as an attempt to get a good reputation, and I don't care what his intent was. The point is that he was abusing the reputation system and tricking users into submitting votes.
12-02-2004 04:19 AM
Chrono
forum admin

;o

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
stuffplug has been, he was pissed of cos off a few stupid ppl having a go at him for wanting to charge for optional extras
no, he was pissed off cause many people gave him bad reputation cause he was abusing the system :P
[Image: wdz_discrate.png]
12-02-2004 06:29 AM
kangie

falling...

38 / Female / –
O.P. reply to "a quick question"
the reason i have to do this, is because the topics CLOSED so i cant post on it, yet several mods have posted, and i have no way of replying :)

Edit by WDZ: Threads merged

wdz, you said
"I didn't take it as an attempt to get a good reputation, and I don't care what his intent was. The point is that he was abusing the reputation system and tricking users into submitting votes. "

people have something called freewill.... just cos someone hands you poison, you dont HAVE to take it, you can refuse, people could have closed the window if they didnt wanna vote?

and chrono, did i not post here about another users feedback? where a reason for it bwing positive was "requested".... surely they should be punished? :P

This post was edited on 12-02-2004 at 05:39 PM by WDZ.
12-02-2004 04:09 PM
WDZ
Former Admin

– / Male / Flag
RE: reply to "a quick question"
quote:
people could have closed the window if they didnt wanna vote?
No, they could not have. If they loaded the page, they were forced to submit a vote. It was done automatically with JavaScript.
12-02-2004 04:24 PM
kangie

falling...

38 / Female / –
O.P. RE: reply to "a quick question"
submit a posistive or negative vote?  just goes to show you shouldnt click on every link youre given.... esp on mirc, as some are designed to piss you off and/or give you virii :P but tbs trusted, so i woulda clicked :P and i woulda voted positive :) cos he works hard
12-02-2004 04:27 PM
WDZ
Former Admin

– / Male / Flag
quote:
submit a posistive or negative vote?
Positive.
12-02-2004 04:34 PM
kangie

falling...

38 / Female / –
O.P. RE: reply to "a quick question"
so, lemme get this straight :P if you went to the page, then it automatically made you give him a positive vote... you had no choice, and didnt have to click ok to rate  him at all?
12-02-2004 04:39 PM
WDZ
Former Admin

– / Male / Flag
quote:
if you went to the page, then it automatically made you give him a positive vote... you had no choice, and didnt have to click ok to rate  him at all?
Exactly, and that's why I didn't like it. :p
12-02-2004 04:45 PM
Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: