What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » PSP Final images and spec.s!

Pages: (6): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 » Last »
PSP Final images and spec.s!
Author: Message:
giant_frying_pan

RE: PSP Final images and spec.s!
The real winner is the humble consumer; us. We get BOTH the DS and the PSP at very reasonable prices, and DS software in particular is inexpensive too.

giant_frying_pan
12-12-2004 12:19 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
.blade//
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
O.P. RE: PSP Final images and spec.s!
quote:
Originally posted by TylerG
Oh yes, and the only reason gamecube was last in the Console wars was because of quantity not quality :P

^o) In what way? It had a shitty controller, the weakest CPU speed/ram size/video card size, poor games and more.
[Image: A%20Pointy%20Rock.jpg]
12-12-2004 02:58 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Eljay
Elite Member

:O

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by blade
It had a shitty controller
the amount of times i was wondering "how do u do that?" on a game and forgot that the stupid Z button was there :dodgy:

This post was edited on 12-12-2004 at 08:05 AM by Eljay.
12-12-2004 08:04 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
giant_frying_pan

>>>t had a shitty controller

Only the face buttons are better on a Dual Shock. The analogue sticks are shoddy, it has buttons instead of a d-pad, "ergonomics" is a dirty word to Sony R&D and Sony has no official wireless solution. The lack of triggers compounds the dual shock's antiquitated design.

>>>the weakest CPU speed

GameCube CPU clock: 485Mhz
PS2 CPU clock: 295~ Mhz

>>>ram size

GCN: 40Mb (24 main, 16 asyncronous {fast})
PS2:  32Mb (32 main, 0 asyncronous {fast})

>>>video card size

GCN: ATi Flipper chip @ 162Mhz, 3 Mb memory
PS2: 'Graphic synthesiser' @ 147Mhz, 4Mb memory

>>>poor games

Entirely subjective. PS2 has great games, but let's be honest, 95% of the stuff released on it is utter crap, a waste of time. GameCube might have a far smaller library, but a better ratio of quality. Both systems are worth owning.

You can disagree with my opinion, but I've presented a number of facts that contradict your statements.

giant_frying_pan
12-12-2004 06:00 PM
.blade//
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by giant_frying_pan
>>>t had a shitty controller

Only the face buttons are better on a Dual Shock. The analogue sticks are shoddy, it has buttons instead of a d-pad, "ergonomics" is a dirty word to Sony R&D and Sony has no official wireless solution. The lack of triggers compounds the dual shock's antiquitated design.

>>>the weakest CPU speed

GameCube CPU clock: 485Mhz
PS2 CPU clock: 295~ Mhz

>>>ram size

GCN: 40Mb (24 main, 16 asyncronous {fast})
PS2:  32Mb (32 main, 0 asyncronous {fast})

>>>video card size

GCN: ATi Flipper chip @ 162Mhz, 3 Mb memory
PS2: 'Graphic synthesiser' @ 147Mhz, 4Mb memory

>>>poor games

Entirely subjective. PS2 has great games, but let's be honest, 95% of the stuff released on it is utter crap, a waste of time. GameCube might have a far smaller library, but a better ratio of quality. Both systems are worth owning.

You can disagree with my opinion, but I've presented a number of facts that contradict your statements.

giant_frying_pan

I'm an Xbox man so go ahead and bash the PS2 :P I never said it was any better  ;) PS2 just has better games and a better controller than the GC.
12-12-2004 06:29 PM
giant_frying_pan

>>>I never said it was any better

Yes, you did. You said:

"the weakest CPU speed/ram size/video card size"

You didn't say "GameCube was more powerful than PS2, but less powerful than Xbox".

The dual shock is the worst pad of the three currently. It just happens to be the most widely used. The original PS pad was actually better than the dual shock. The sticks are so poor, they might not as well be there and the face buttons are now too soft due to the analogue function. There just isn'y the tactile respose that the first PlayStation pad had. The only reason it is superior to GCN's buttons is the arrangement and shape of them. The GCN buttons still feel better with greater response.

giant_frying_pan
12-12-2004 08:21 PM
.blade//
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by giant_frying_pan
>>>I never said it was any better

Yes, you did. You said:

"the weakest CPU speed/ram size/video card size"

You didn't say "GameCube was more powerful than PS2, but less powerful than Xbox".

The dual shock is the worst pad of the three currently. It just happens to be the most widely used. The original PS pad was actually better than the dual shock. The sticks are so poor, they might not as well be there and the face buttons are now too soft due to the analogue function. There just isn'y the tactile respose that the first PlayStation pad had. The only reason it is superior to GCN's buttons is the arrangement and shape of them. The GCN buttons still feel better with greater response.

giant_frying_pan

OMG :P Twisting my works, I said it was the weakest CPU etc. because it was the worste they could succesfully use at the time, I never said the PS2 was better, I am an Xbox man, I'm just saying the PSP will be better than the DS. That's my oppinion, you have yours, let's end it at that because this thread is dragging out.
12-12-2004 08:34 PM
giant_frying_pan

>>>let's end it at that because this thread is dragging out.

Read: I've backed myself into a corner, I want to bolt now.

PSP doesn't do anything new. Xbox at least does. If you use Xbox Live you'll know that, and maybe you'll understand where I'm coming from.

PSP's software at the moment isn't just more of the same, it's inferior versions of the same thing you get on PS2. The DS isn't just an outlet for N64 ports. It drives innovation, just as Xbox does with XBL and GCN tried to do with connectivity.

giant_frying_pan
12-12-2004 08:56 PM
Ezra
Veteran Member

Forgiveness is between them and God

37 / Male / Flag
I really don't understand the fuss about what console wins the "Game Wars". Just buy whatever console u like better...
It's not really about how good the graphics are, it's how good the gameplay is..

Nintendo has some great games, Sony has great games too...

Just buy whatever amuses you and stop arguing what console is "better"...

You can't argue with taste...

P.S: Pardon My English :-P
[Image: 1-0.png]

12-12-2004 09:09 PM
Jimcando

34 / Male / Flag
you're english is ok Ezra....i agree ive got a gamecube, it hasnt got good graphics but some great games. PSP looks brill though
12-12-2004 09:22 PM
Pages: (6): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: