What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Announcements » Announcements & News » Archive » Messenger Plus! - Past, Present and Future

Pages: (10): « First « 4 5 6 7 [ 8 ] 9 10 » Last »
3 votes - 5 average   Messenger Plus! - Past, Present and Future
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Messenger Plus! - Past, Present and Future
quote:
Originally posted by lethalman
mess/be told us
mess.be is a forum. It can't tell you stuff, people on the forums tell you stuff, and not all people are a trustable source of info... ;)

quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition
I think the Messenger Plus! meeting in Paris just prove you wrong, Patchou. Everyone wants to meet you, not because you are a "leet coder", but because you made Plus!. And that means a lot if you ask me.

Plus! is not dead. And I doubt it will die.
I fully agree. Patchou, like you said yourself in that email you've send: "This kind of meeting proves we have accomplished something together that goes far beyond making a piece of software."...

And there will always be a demand for new cool features/ideas, small or not. So Plus! wont die, at worst it will "idle" for a few months ;)

PS: just at home from the meeting, barley awake (after spending the 2nd night out in the open... I'll tell the story some other time :P)

This post was edited on 12-29-2004 at 02:21 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-29-2004 02:20 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
KeyStorm
Elite Member

Inn-sewer-ants-pollie-sea

38 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
PS: just at home from the meeting, barley awake (after spending the 2nd night out in the open... I'll tell the story some other time )

WTF!!! This needs to be vastly documented!! :D

Btw, I'm sure that the new feature will make it very popular again.

(Can we post about it? :rolleyes:)
12-29-2004 02:39 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
scgyong

GyonGminator

49 / Male / –
(sorry for my poor English)

When a friend of mine told me she installed MSN 7, I installed it. Drawing was funny and I bought a Graphire3 : )

But soon, I found that Plus! didn't work, and I couldn't use the features i loved

I like Plus! style Logging
I like Custom Name ( I put his/her real name in front of (!N) )
I sometimes used Contact Cleanup
I like the Plus! to show me when anyone changes his/her nickname

Now I know there is MsgPlus! beta for MSN 7, I am installing it !
A DEVELOPER
12-30-2004 02:18 AM
Jolo

40 / Male / –
Like others said, I can't imagine the life without Messenger Plus!.

That's all.

Cheers.
01-03-2005 07:03 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

Patchou I agree, you've gone past that 'programmer' stage, you're definitely more than that to every user, most programmers wouldn't involve himself or herself with as many of his/her programs ever, but you, are a frequent user of this forum, and are always willing to meet up with users of your software and talk on a friendly basis, no as far as I know, no other programmer would be willing to do this, you're a nice guy, with a great extension, a strongpoint to this extension is the creator, if you were a meany, then you would definitely have less users, its your personality that matters ;).
01-03-2005 12:24 PM
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
Personally i THINK i know what the new feature is but i wont say it. If it is what i think it is then there have/is plugins that give that feature but if Patchou writes it himself it will be way better. I just hope its the feature im thinking of.
01-03-2005 07:53 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by KeyStorm
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
PS: just at home from the meeting, barley awake (after spending the 2nd night out in the open... I'll tell the story some other time )

WTF!!! This needs to be vastly documented!! :D
Already done in the Paris meeting thread ;)

quote:
Originally posted by KeyStorm
Btw, I'm sure that the new feature will make it very popular again.
(Can we post about it? :rolleyes:)
of course not... /me slaps KeyStorm with ducktape
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
01-03-2005 09:01 PM
Stigmata
Veteran Member

20 / Other / Flag
after hearing about messenger discovery 3 :)

youd' better pop your clogs

01-03-2005 09:08 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
bungleMX

Hi I don't type too much here, but almost every day check the forum, i have a lot of work that's way I don't post to much,...
Like others, I can't see my self without plus! messenger is just a simple pize of software like many others without plus!
An Yesterday I did read about a new adware and spyware remover from microsoft that detects plus! as spyware, that's bullshit and the first thing comes to my head was the "paris visit" and after that microsoft do this! that doesn't see well!!
PLUS! RULES!

01-06-2005 07:21 PM
p!mp@bc

36 / Male / –
Hey, im brand new to the forums but ive been using msn plus for about 2 years now.  i remember i first started using plus when a friend told me bout the cool sounds u could make like the homer sound, which is my personal favorite.  You all are right, msn and plus have both come a long way.  the only reason msn advances is cuz of plug ins like plus, like the other person said.  i find plus infinitely useful and entertaining.  the boss mode and custom names are my fav features.  I think msn plus will never die because it has ingenious features that msn always seems to overlook.  as im new to this forum, i only just found out that this is all done by one person and he works non-stop to stay up to date with the newest versions of msn.  I find that patchou is a net-aholic's hero.  he works hard to give us fun shit for free.  who else does that?  i find that because of his selfless actions, patchou will help plus stay alive and stay fun.  i wish i could help u out patch but i dont know shit all about programming.  i just hope u keep coming out with fun features for plus like u have in the past because those features have made me a lifelong user of plus
01-07-2005 12:11 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (10): « First « 4 5 6 7 [ 8 ] 9 10 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: