What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General »

Pages: (6): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 » Last »
Author: Message:
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by dreaded
Did giant antispyware detect it before ms got thier hands on it?
Yes.

BTW, Found the official way to contact Microsoft about issues with Microsoft AntiSpyware Beta.

Please everyone, report any bugs, false positives and problems to the newsgroups Microsoft has for this, here:
http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?ICP=spyware

Like already said, this is still beta software. The more people report problems to Microsoft, the better the final version will be :).

This post was edited on 01-08-2005 at 10:04 PM by Menthix.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
01-08-2005 07:31 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
slang123

38 / Male / –
Is it just me that doesnt have a problem with this. If an antispyware didnt diagnose an installer with optional adware bundled with it as an adware bundler then i would be very worry. It emphasises the optional bit and suggests you ignore it, i dont know what more you could ask for
01-14-2005 01:08 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Weyzza
Veteran Member

SoCal sunset > *

– / Male / –
slang123, the problem is Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware detects Plus! as an adware installer although the user did not install the sponsor program.

It even detects all language files, which makes me think the program is "stupid."
Registered 7637 days, 20 hours, 1 second ago.
Happy Birthday, WDZ

01-14-2005 01:12 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
slang123

38 / Male / –
Ah, i see. sorry i thought it was diagnosing the installer exe.
01-14-2005 01:16 AM
Athlon_2o0o

quote:
Originally posted by thekid
slang123, the problem is Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware detects Plus! as an adware installer although the user did not install the sponsor program.

It even detects all language files, which makes me think the program is "stupid."

Still, I agree with Microsoft's program. I already used GIANT which also asked me to remove messenger plus. I never did so, but now I realized why I even have this installed. Why would I support a program which installs nasty tools on your computer to try to spy on you? I know msgplus is totally clean, but this is just horrible I think. Patchou should think by himself what mess spyware can create on his customer's computers and consider removing the add-on.

1. No more detection by Microsoft AntiSpyware
2. Happier users.

Only: Less money. Try to get a deal with a safer product. Or copy other software creators. Look at Trillian: They made a paid and a free stripped version. That might be an excellent idea for messenger plus.

This post was edited on 01-17-2005 at 12:46 AM by Athlon_2o0o.
01-17-2005 12:29 AM
Athlon_2o0o

quote:
Originally posted by Markus
quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
Is it good and actually of any use. I already have xoftspy 4. So should i get this ??
quote:
Originally posted by dreaded
I wouldnt get anything without looking here first http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm#xos_note
Giant is one ot the good ones. The ones I listed is are known to be non ripp offs. And this is giant reworked.

There is no doubt Ad-Aware and Spybot S&D are the best. They are free, they have a very good definition database and do their job well. I'm starting to like MS AntiSpyware too, but this beta works a bit slow and just for fast cleaning I like Ad-Aware more..

I disagree. Ad-Aware and Spybot are great, I use them regulary, but they miss the most important thing: Protection. First your computer gets screwed up, then you can remove spyware to fix it. Microsoft AntiSpyware does it's best to refuse spyware from becoming installed. That's the kind of action I'd like to see from Lavasoft and Spybot too.
01-17-2005 12:37 AM
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
Originally posted by elreteipos
Does it work on Win98 SE?
click the link and read the page....

quote:
System Requirements:
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 2000, Windows 2000 Advanced Server, Windows 2000 Professional Edition , Windows 2000 Server, Windows 2000 Service Pack 2, Windows 2000 Service Pack 3, Windows 2000 Service Pack 4, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP, Windows XP Home Edition , Windows XP Media Center Edition, Windows XP Professional Edition , Windows XP Service Pack 1, Windows XP Service Pack 2, Windows XP Tablet PC Edition
in other words, no....

i see what Microsoft are doing, Pushing people into Upgrading to Win2000 or WindowsXP ,
01-17-2005 01:27 AM
ChrisTorng

– / Male / –
I think I can say, ALL people who knows msgplus is an "adware bundler" (the antispyware said) and knows how to avoid the adaware, then they won't install adware. And ALL people who install the adware, because they don't know msgplus is an adware bundler, and they wrongly click the "yes" option... Then they will try any thing they can do to remove the adware... even include msgplus itself... So ALL people who sponsors you by the adware, are angry with it... No one want to sponsor by this way... So you make money, from only those angry peoples. If all users knows how to avoid the adware, then you can't make money anymore, then this sponsor way is never work. Hope you can make money, by the way anyone satisfied, or at least not angry.
ChrisTorng Style MessageLog V2.1 released! (English)
Ink Creator to edit/save/resend ink (handwriting) message (English)
ChrisTorng English homepage
01-18-2005 01:39 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
I'd like to point out that when you chose toremove Messenger Plus! from the Microsoft antispyware program, you only remove Plus!, erasing the possibility to unisntall the sponsor properly so in a way, the only thing this anti-spyware software is doing is to remove my software for absolutely no reason (Messenger Plus! itself does not, in any circumstances, install ads) while leaving the ads behind.
[Image: signature2.gif]
01-18-2005 02:02 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Blue Ice Dragon

41 / Male / –
Uhm just my input here.

It seems to me that Microshit, (okay this program may finaly lift that saying) has made this program for newbies.  Remember not everyone has the same knowledge of computers.

Users need to remember that user's may actually want to have the program installed and select yes for the boundle to be installed.  The problem is, Microsoft can't tell the difference between a choicen "I want Sponsour" or if it was "I accept the agreement".

Microsoft therefore in my view, have done the right thing.  It's not like they recommend "removing" the program afterall.  They themeselfs say that this has optional software.  It isn't misleading in anway, and surprising I think I would buy this software......  well if I get the money.  :$

Well thats my two cents.

Edit:
If theres a problem with the "unistalling" isnt that a bug?  Which means someone (if they havent already) needs to report it?  Isn't that the best thing to do?

This post was edited on 01-18-2005 at 04:20 AM by Blue Ice Dragon.
01-18-2005 04:17 AM
Pages: (6): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: