What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Announcements » Announcements & News » Archive » Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way!

Pages: (27): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
3 votes - 5 average   Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way!
Author: Message:
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way!
Hi everyone!

After several months of work, Messenger Plus! 3.50 is finally starting to look good! MSN Messenger 7.0 (final) will soon be release to the public by Microsoft and this new version of Messenger Plus! will be 100% compatible with it. Everything has been polished so that you don't see a difference with MSN Messenger 6. The one and only exception is the removal of the "hide banner" option (MSN Messenger 7 only). As it was already said on the forum, I felt this option had not its place anymore with the new Messenger version as Microsoft obviously intends to generate some money with their software now.

Of course, compatibility fixes would be pretty boring on their own. That's why several new stuff have been added. This includes SSL support for POP3 Emails (needed for providers like GMail), less memory and system resources usage, various user interface improvements, and more. But out of everything, two improvements merit some special attention.

The first nice improvement concerns custom contact names. This feature has had several great enhancements compatible with MSN Messenger 7 which are colors, formatting and "real name attach options". All these options are automatically applied in the contact list, toast notifications and the chat windows. Images being better than words, here are two screenshots of those improvements:

Custom Names Improvements - Screenshot 1
Custom Names Improvements - Screenshot 2

The next improvement is a brand new feature that is supposed to re-energize the Messenger Plus! add-on. Messenger Plus! 3.50's big new feature is Custom Emotion Sounds. While some of you may have preferred something more “l33t”, like, let’s say, an embedded Linux shell ;), this new feature was created for a reason: the current Sound Command feature of Messenger Plus! is the number one used feature of the whole plugin (as you can see, my stats did use some purpose :). The Custom Emotion Sound feature brings sound integration in MSN Messenger to the next level and allows you to add and send any sound you want to your contacts. These sounds can be created from existing sound files (like mp3 music), recorded live from your microphone or imported directly from an http link of a previously saved sound pack. Each sound is cut (maximum of 10 seconds, more would just be annoying after a while) and automatically compressed to improve transfer time. The whole interface has been polished, wizards are extremely easy to use, recording and sound edition can be made with a couple of mouse clicks… everything was made to let you forget the technical details and enjoy the feature itself.

Custom Emotion Sounds - Screenshot 1
Custom Emotion Sounds - Screenshot 2
Custom Emotion Sounds - Screenshot 3

In the chat window, a specially designed panel has been created to accommodate the new feature and is accessible from a new Messenger Plus! toolbar (those of you who will miss the 25 pixels of width can disable it and access the feature with a shortcut). The panel gives quick access to the sounds, organized by categories or stats, and also lets you instantly download new sounds at random, from the Messenger Plus! server (which will include all the sounds previously sent by other people, except sounds marked private). This way, if sound creation is not your thing, you’ll still be able to enjoy thousands of sounds with the click of a button. When a sound is received, a special message is displayed in the chat window, similar to the one Messenger displays for some of its features. You get a link to play or stop any of the previously sent sounds at any time. You also have the option to automatically download and automatically play new sounds when they arrive. And to conclude, any sound you receive is automatically added to your own personal sound library so that you can send it back easily to somebody else.

Custom Emotion Sounds - Screenshot 4
Custom Emotion Sounds - Screenshot 5

I’d like to add that all the people who have already tested this feature just love it. I hope you will all feel the same when this version will be finally released in March. It took me two months of work to create the Custom Sounds which is a lot more than the time I spent on anything else in Messenger Plus! since its creation. This feature has been made to be fun, just and only fun, no geeky feature attached.

Many great things will wait for you in Messenger Plus! 3.50, just keep on waiting a little longer, I promise you won't disappointed! And here we go for another year together... :).

Patchou
[Image: signature2.gif]
02-10-2005 06:03 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Mike
Elite Member

Meet the Spam Family!

31 / Male / Flag
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way!
Sounds very very cool Patchou!
Good work (y)
YouTube closed-captions ripper (also allows you to download videos!)
02-10-2005 06:05 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Bionic

38 / Male / –
Great job... Keep up the good work... (Y)
02-10-2005 06:06 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Guido
Elite Member

Design is Safety

37 / Male / Flag
I've said it and I'll say it again: congrats on this upcoming release, and I hope everyone will appreciate once again all the hard work you've put into the new Plus! version.

:banana:
02-10-2005 06:07 AM
Purity
Veteran Member

AngelFuck

34 / Female / –
Wow! Awsome! Saw some of this on www.mess.be, but it;s good yoy posted it in forums.:D
[Image: puritysig8.jpg/]
www.purity.toastednet.org
02-10-2005 06:07 AM
Weyzza
Veteran Member

SoCal sunset > *

– / Male / –
Well, I like the custom name improvement :)

I got a quick question though.

If I activate "use formatting option while chatting", am I going to  have the whole custom name and nick name in convo windows?

(Y)
Registered 7639 days, 21 hours, 44 minutes, 53 seconds ago.
Happy Birthday, WDZ

02-10-2005 06:14 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way!
quote:
If I activate "use formatting option while chatting", am I going to  have the whole custom name and nick name in convo windows?
of course: no :). That's one of the reasons this option is better than special tags.
[Image: signature2.gif]
02-10-2005 06:32 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
wj
Former Admin

I aim to misbehave.

39 / – / Flag
I LOVE THE CUSTOM SOUND FEATURE!!! IT ROCKS!!!!!

Keep up the good work Patchou! Messenger Plus just keeps getting better!
"A towel is about the most massively useful
thing an interstellar hitchhiker can have."
02-10-2005 06:35 AM
L. Coyote

Captain Obvious

38 / Male / Flag
Woo hoo! (Y) Great, just great! :) I can't wait to use this version!

Nothing beats Messenger Plus!, IMO. (H)

Have fun with the game, take some rest! :D You've done a great job.

Hack, hack, hack!
Finally became a Systems Analyst! :spam:

02-10-2005 06:43 AM
rix

34 / Male / Flag
Oh yeah!

But you keep the mystery up by not telling the exact date, when it gonna be released. Waiting (Y)

Patchou, good luck with it!
Show Plus! your commitment - Support Plus!
:: Plus!'s Estonian community - http://foorum.msgpluslive.ee/ ::
02-10-2005 06:50 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (27): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: