What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Announcements » Announcements & News » Archive » Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way!

Pages: (27): « First « 17 18 19 20 [ 21 ] 22 23 24 25 » Last »
3 votes - 5 average   Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way!
Author: Message:
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way!
quote:
Originally posted by OSO_ROBBIE
quote:
Originally posted by stuartbennett
i had to completely uninstall msn messenger reinstall version 7.0.0425 then reinstall messenger plus then upgrade to version 7.0.0604 install the mess patch for 0604 then install 7.0.0632 now messenger plus 3.40.112 works fine and mess patch for 0604 is still applied so try that.

When you say that MsgPlus! will work doing that, you mean even the auto-responder feature?

About the Mess Patch: If you install 7.0.0604, apply the Mess patch, then install 7.0.0632, is impossible for the Mess patch to continue working, because the new beta replaces the msnmsgr.exe file, so the patched .exe doesn't exist anymore.

oh right i did try using the apatch that someone suggested but it said it couldnt apply the patch because it claimed messenger was still running even when the messenger process had been terminated from ctrl+alt+del thats why i just assumed mess patch was still in effect sorry for any confusion.
03-07-2005 10:09 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
OSO_ROBBIE

44 / Male / –
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way!
I suggested the a-patch, it worked fine with my MSN. Besides it has a lot of... should I say patches? or features? that are pretty good. The only one left is the black line around the display picture, the a-patch doesn't take it off.
Anyway, does the auto-responder work in your MsgPlus! with 7.0.0632?
03-07-2005 10:27 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
mwe99
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
yep not much to say other than i cant wait til its out :D so keep up the great work Patchou
03-07-2005 10:43 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Fredzz

36 / Male / –
damn i just read every page of this thread. would be wise to ask " when is 3.5 coming out?" :rofl: Just kidding.. lol. :dodgy: anyway good work.. custom sounds will be great.. im just worried about the servers.. 8-)
Fredzz rox00rz
03-07-2005 11:44 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Fredzz
im just worried about the servers..

im sure people will Host MsgPlus 3.50 so the main Mirrors dont flood, so dont worry :P
03-07-2005 11:56 PM
Guido
Elite Member

Design is Safety

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Demz
quote:
Originally posted by Fredzz
im just worried about the servers..

im sure people will Host MsgPlus 3.50 so the main Mirrors dont flood, so dont worry :P
He was talking about the servers for the sounds -- which should be OK by the way.
03-08-2005 03:28 AM
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Guido
He was talking about the servers for the sounds -- which should be OK by the way.

i cant see any reason to be worried bout it though? , time will tell i guess
03-08-2005 04:11 AM
mjb5406

I have to stick my 2 cents in (which, I think, based on the current exchange rate is about .013 Euro!)... why eliminate the "hide banner" option, even if it is just for Version 7 of MSN Messenger? If you look at the 3 major IM programs (MSN, AIM and Yahoo... I think ICQ has fallen out of widespead use here in the US), MSN and AIM (AOL) are the only 2 that have banners. On the AIM side, DeadAIM eliminates them. Yahoo has no banners, yet is probably the slickest chat client available (lots of nice features). I hope you're not saying that Microsoft needs the money from banner ads! To me, they're like popup ads. If they truly need the revenue (which I doubt), they should do with MSN Messenger what they did with Hotmail... offer a premium service for a fixed annual fee. For free, yes, have banners, limited features, etc. But until we HAVE the choice of paying to eliminate the banners, I would like someone like you to give us the choice. Please don't eliminate a feature just because you feel sorry for poor Microsoft (I wish *I* was so poor!). I guess, too, I have to ask, "Why just Version 7?" since earlier versions have banner ads as well.

Thank you for an outstanding free product.
03-08-2005 11:31 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Guido
Elite Member

Design is Safety

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by mjb5406
I have to stick my 2 cents in (which, I think, based on the current exchange rate is about .013 Euro!)... why eliminate the "hide banner" option, even if it is just for Version 7 of MSN Messenger? If you look at the 3 major IM programs (MSN, AIM and Yahoo... I think ICQ has fallen out of widespead use here in the US), MSN and AIM (AOL) are the only 2 that have banners. On the AIM side, DeadAIM eliminates them. Yahoo has no banners, yet is probably the slickest chat client available (lots of nice features). I hope you're not saying that Microsoft needs the money from banner ads! To me, they're like popup ads. If they truly need the revenue (which I doubt), they should do with MSN Messenger what they did with Hotmail... offer a premium service for a fixed annual fee. For free, yes, have banners, limited features, etc. But until we HAVE the choice of paying to eliminate the banners, I would like someone like you to give us the choice. Please don't eliminate a feature just because you feel sorry for poor Microsoft (I wish *I* was so poor!). I guess, too, I have to ask, "Why just Version 7?" since earlier versions have banner ads as well.

Thank you for an outstanding free product.
Err... StuffPlugNG, a Plus! plugin,  will let you hide the ad in Messenger 7 -- don't worry.
03-08-2005 04:16 PM
NiteMare
Veteran Member

Giga-Byte me

36 / Male / Flag
from what i gather is everything goes right, MSGplus 3.50 will be released on the 15th of march, is this right?, if not please tell me

This post was edited on 03-09-2005 at 03:48 AM by NiteMare.
[Image: sig/]
I'll never forget what she said 6651 days, 14 hours, 29 minutes, 27 seconds ago
Need hosting? Check
out my website. we can help you out :)
03-09-2005 03:45 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (27): « First « 17 18 19 20 [ 21 ] 22 23 24 25 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites