What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Church of Reality

Pages: (7): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 7 » Last »
What do you think about the Church of Reality?
This poll is closed.
I like it! 2 6.9%
You guys are all going to burn in hell, sinners! :devil: 4 13.79%
blah.. crap 23 79.31%
Total: 29 votes 100%
  [Show Results | Edit Poll]

Church of Reality
Author: Message:
Jhrono
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: Church of Reality
quote:
Originally posted by PlusFan

It's like believing in aliens. There's no proof (yet?) that there are aliens

You dont have a bible written by people who lived with aliens from 2000 years ago and that has lasted until our days or have you?
02-12-2005 07:18 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
fluffy_lobster
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
I don't believe God exists. But if he shows up, I will admit that I was wrong and I will believe in God.
That kind of ethos shows true integrity.  However, if you really have such an open mind why are you attacking other people's beliefs?  You don't attain knowledge by trying to disprove things which don't fit into your personal ideal.
02-12-2005 07:45 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
user2319
Disabled Account

O.P. RE: Church of Reality
@fluffy_lobster: Because they *haven't* seen God.

thekid, is there a reason for God not to show up? I mean, if he showed up, he could get everybody to worship him, and he could unite the muslims and protestants and catholics so there would be no more "holy" wars.. :-/

Do you believe in Evolution?
02-12-2005 08:47 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Weyzza
Veteran Member

SoCal sunset > *

– / Male / –
Because He is waiting for you :)
God showed up in the world 2000 years ago, and many, many, and many people rejected Him, even until now.

Don't worry about Him, He will show up someday.
I believe He appreciates people who have not seen Him and believe Him more.

"Because you have seen Me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed" John 20:29
Registered 7640 days, 6 hours, 29 minutes, 13 seconds ago.
Happy Birthday, WDZ

02-12-2005 09:02 PM
user2319
Disabled Account

O.P. RE: Church of Reality
So how does John know God thinks about it that way? It's not like he met him :-/

And about Jezus: I don't get it. He's "the son of God", so if he's the son of God, he must be atleast a half-god (like a greek heroos). But Christianity is monetheistic :confused: So, therefore, Jezus == God?

Anyway, I don't believe in God. I'm not going to worship someone who holds sons responsible for what their fathers did!

If Jezus == God, John 20:29 is contradicting John 1:18

And how about Job 39:13-14? All bibles have another meaning for it, so there *sure are* serious translation issues

thekid, don't you think it's weird that the Christians see Sunday as the "special" day? Because it's really Saturday that is "holy"..

And God clearly says what to do on Saturdays
02-12-2005 09:31 PM
Wabz
Elite Member

Its Groovy Baby!

38 / Male / Flag
:blah:

There is no spoon is the answer to this :P

Belief is there to give those without hope something to aim for :)

Well thats what I believe
Mess.be Forum Moderator
Messenger Plus ex-IRC Network Admin
Gimme a Rep!
02-12-2005 09:34 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
DJeX
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
quote:
Originaly Posted by: traxtor
How can you sit there and speak about religion like you're somebody who knows everything about it, I think you're offending people, this thread isn't a good idea, you've started one big argument about religion that wasn't even required, its basically advertising, the church of reality, thats not real at all, its just some stupid cult who believe in nothing, but they are believing in something.

You are trying to make people believe in what you think, its just the same as what people think already... You can't force people into decisions, they have their own beliefs, this is your belief, so what you're saying is completely stupid and judgemental...

This whole belief in what is real is pretty stupid, to me, you're coming across as one of those people in cults who do stuff like mass suicide, its just one big joke in my opinion, just leave people to believe what they believe, if they wanted to believe in this realism thing, then I'm sure religion would have been dead a while back, but no, its the way people live, leave it as that okay...

I agree with traxtor here.

[Image: top.gif]
02-12-2005 10:06 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Weyzza
Veteran Member

SoCal sunset > *

– / Male / –
quote:
So how does John know God thinks about it that way? It's not like he met him :-/
1. John is one of Jesus' disciples who faithfully followed Him.
    He was even mentioned that he is the closest person to Jesus.
2. When the event took place (in John 20:29), there were all Jesus' disciples.
quote:
And about Jezus: I don't get it. He's "the son of God", so if he's the son of God, he must be atleast a half-god (like a greek heroos). But Christianity is monetheistic :confused: So, therefore, Jezus == God?
:)
Exactly. Jesus was God who incarnated into human.
Honestly, I'm happy when you got this conclusion.
You know there are many people who cannot get this conclusion.
A good way of thinking for a 13-year old boy (Y).
quote:

Anyway, I don't believe in God. I'm not going to worship someone who holds sons responsible for what their fathers did!
Hmm...
This would be a quite long explanation, but this is the core of Christianity.
From that passage, you see that how God hates sinners.
And we all are sinners.
Even if you only did one little mistake, you have sinned.
Because God wants a perfect score, just like you want a straight A on your report card, or you want a non-defect video game console.
You might say, "Oh, there's no way that I am sinner. I have not ever killed an ant."
But, if you know that you could help someone, but you don't help him/her, you have sinned. For example, you know your mom needs you to wash the dishes, but you don't want to do it, you have sinned.
That's why Jesus took our punishments that we should bear on the cross, and paid it full.
quote:
Of course not. Jesus was in human form. You drew the conclusion before.
quote:

And how about Job 39:13-14? All bibles have another meaning for it, so there *sure are* serious translation issues
What about it? What do you mean that they have another meaning?
quote:

thekid, don't you think it's weird that the Christians see Sunday as the "special" day? Because it's really Saturday that is "holy"..

No, not at all.
Sabbath, if it is translated litterally from Hebrew, means Saturday. Jews and Some Christian observe Sabbath on Saturday while most of them observe it on Sunday as a commemoration of the resurrection of Jesus.
Churches usually have both services on Saturdays and Sundays.
Registered 7640 days, 6 hours, 29 minutes, 13 seconds ago.
Happy Birthday, WDZ

02-12-2005 10:15 PM
user2319
Disabled Account

O.P. RE: RE: Church of Reality
quote:
Originally posted by thekid
quote:
1. John is one of Jesus' disciples who faithfully followed Him.
    He was even mentioned that he is the closest person to Jesus.
2. When the event took place (in John 20:29), there were all Jesus' disciples.
I meant that the book was written in ~110 AD

quote:
quote:
:)
Exactly. Jesus was God who incarnated into human.
Honestly, I'm happy when you got this conclusion.
You know there are many people who cannot get this conclusion.
A good way of thinking for a 13-year old boy (Y).
Well, they can't get to that conclusion, because it contradicts with John 20:17. Jezus says he's going back to his father, who is God. So Jezus can't be God.. It's all weird with Christianity being monotheistic (the angels are sort of like super-natural to, just like Satan)
quote:
quote:

Hmm...
This would be a quite long explanation, but this is the core of Christianity.
From that passage, you see that how God hates sinners.
And we all are sinners.
So he hates us all? Then why doesn't he destroy the world :dodgy:
quote:
Even if you only did one little mistake, you have sinned.
Because God wants a perfect score, just like you want a straight A on your report card, or you want a non-defect video game console.
You might say, "Oh, there's no way that I am sinner. I have not ever killed an ant."
But, if you know that you could help someone, but you don't help him/her, you have sinned. For example, you know your mom needs you to wash the dishes, but you don't want to do it, you have sinned.
That's why Jesus took our punishments that we should bear on the cross, and paid it full.
I wasn't talking about sin, but about sons paying the price for their fathers sin, which sounds ridiculous to me, but not to God. Therefore, I don't like God.

Something nice I once read at some atheists' site, was that Jezus' sacrifice isn't really much of a sacrifice. When he died, he went back to heaven. And heaven == :D, so for Jezus, dieing wasn't so bad. Now consider an atheist giving his life for someone else. Wouldn't that be a greater offer? The atheist goes to hell to burn forever, because he doesn't believe. Jezus can get back to living in the clouds.
quote:
quote:
Of course not. Jesus was in human form. You drew the conclusion before.
You just said, Jezus == God. So by seeing Jezus, you see God, since they're one and the same person according to you.
quote:
quote:

What about it? What do you mean that they have another meaning?

From the list, select another bible. Alot of the texts are different.

quote:
Originally posted by New international version
13 "The wings of the ostrich flap joyfully,

but they cannot compare with the pinions and feathers of the stork.

14 She lays her eggs on the ground

and lets them warm in the sand,

quote:
Originally posted by new american standard bible

13"The ostriches' wings flap joyously
         With the pinion and plumage of [a]love,

14For she abandons her eggs to the earth
         And warms them in the dust,

quote:
Originally posted by the message
13"The ostrich flaps her wings futilely--

all those beautiful feathers, but useless!

14She lays her eggs on the hard ground,

leaves them there in the dirt, exposed to the weather,

quote:
Originally posted by amplified bible
13The wings of the ostrich wave proudly, [but] are they the pinions and plumage of love?

14The ostrich leaves her eggs on the ground and warms them in the dust,

quote:
Originally posted by new living translation
13"The ostrich flaps her wings grandly, but they are no match for the feathers of the stork. 14She lays her eggs on top of the earth, letting them be warmed in the dust.
quote:
quote:

No, not at all.
Sabbath, if it is translated litterally from Hebrew, means Saturday. Jews and Some Christian observe Sabbath on Saturday while most of them observe it on Sunday as a commemoration of the resurrection of Jesus.
Churches usually have both services on Saturdays and Sundays.

Yes, but my father, when he was a kid, had to go to school at Saturdays. Since ~90% of the Dutch population (just a guess, I have no stats) was Christian back then, they were doing something wrong by going to school at Saturdays
02-12-2005 10:51 PM
Pr0xY
Veteran Member

passwords are for treehouses

– / Male / –
I only had to read the first 7 posts before I was thinking "is this kid for real?"

First off, that site looks like it was made by some high school kid that just started learning HTML. 

Second, if your saying all you believe in is whats real, then what did you mean by this?
quote:
Prove to me that aliens didnt exist?see you can't..some things are just too big for us humans...

Prove to me that trees cant talk?see you can't..some things are just too big for us humans...

I like the part "...some things are just too big for us humans..."

See, if you believe that, and its a part of this religion (cult), it totally contridicts itself.  This religion "The Church Of Reality" is saying, if its not real, you dont beleive in it.  So if you cant see it, smell it, or taste it, its not real.  This religion "believing what is real", means only believing in what you see, that we as humans should 100% understand what we see and know its true. That is the total Oppisate of having things in this world that are too big for us as humans.  Now either YOU dont know what your talkign about(maybe cause your 13 and I highly doubt you even have rational and logical thinking skills), or this religion is made up (prob by some LSD user(just like the guy who started the Jahova Witnesses))

Before I go on, I want to read what you have to say about that. 

This post was edited on 02-13-2005 at 12:38 AM by Pr0xY.
02-13-2005 12:31 AM
Pages: (7): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 7 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: