What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » [updated 1/2/06] A-Patch v1.3.0 RC2 - 1 Million Downloads!

Pages: (30): « First « 11 12 13 14 [ 15 ] 16 17 18 19 » Last »
1 votes - 5 average   [updated 1/2/06] A-Patch v1.3.0 RC2 - 1 Million Downloads!
Author: Message:
linx05

Charlie!!!

38 / Other / Flag
RE: [updated 12/05/05] A-Patch v1.1.8 - Added 5 New HOT Features!!
quote:
Originally posted by linx05
Is there a way you can add the view profile in the convo menu? It was in there in MSNM6 but it's gone in MSNM7. Is it possible?
What about this sugguestion? This is the one I would like most above all! :D

This post was edited on 05-13-2005 at 07:06 AM by linx05.
For news on anything Tremors, visit Tremors News
End Darko
My blog about my film

Scripts I want to get made:
Taskbar icon to change when contact is typing
05-13-2005 07:05 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
John

www.johnjoosten.net

38 / Male / Flag
Hey Ahmad, I just downloaded the new version but the option to remove the To: bar isn't there *-) Is this 'cause I've got 777?
[Image: johnsig02.png]
05-13-2005 07:54 AM
einum

Freude am Fahren

49 / Male / –
Hi Ahmad, I've posted this in another thread. You answered in that thread, but not on my questions, so I'm so "rude" that I repost i this thread, where you seem a bit more active.

I like the feature that removes the text "Messenger" next to the MSN-logo, and the one that removes the text next to the Hotmail-, My space- and MSN today-buttons from A-Patch. And I also like the feature which adds a Log off-button from MessPatch. I have tried to use both patches, but it doesn't work, no matter if I use MessPatch or A-Patch first. Can you please add the Log-off button into A-Patch? Or du you or someone else have any tips to give me the Log off-button from Messpatch when I have used A-Patch? Or the opposite way, let me remove the mentioned texts that A-Patch removes after I have used Messpatch?

There is another function in A-Patch that shows users as "Idle" instead of "Away" if they have been inactive for a certain amount of minutes. Is it possible, in the registry maybe, to change the text "Idle" to something else? After all "Idle" is the only status that appears in English in my Messenger... In MessPatch, the same function is claimed to function only for English users, so A-Patch actually is better! :P

I found a bug in the most recent version of A-patch. It removes the Billing Info Menus even if I don't choose to remove it. I even tested the opposite way to see if the menus remained if I selected to remove them, but no matter what I choose they disappear.

I don't know if the next small problem has anything to do with A-Patch, or if it is the upgrade to Messenger 7.0.0813 that is to blame, but when a contact in my contact list have enabled a self-defined status from MsgPlus it shows up like this in my contact list:

(m) Name (self-defined status) (Away)
(^ I guess you understand this symbolizes the contact list-icon)

Anyone seen that bug before?

Finally, great patch Ahmad! I first got introduced to Messenger-patches at www.mess.be, and started to use the MessPatch, but with MSN7, and all the texts next to the icons beneath the Personal Message, I prefer to use A-Patch instead. And your version of Always on top-icon also look better IMHO. If you only could add the Log off-button... :)
05-13-2005 07:56 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
John

www.johnjoosten.net

38 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: [updated 12/05/05] A-Patch v1.1.8 - Added 5 New HOT Features!!
quote:
Originally posted by einum
I don't know if the next small problem has anything to do with A-Patch, or if it is the upgrade to Messenger 7.0.0813 that is to blame, but when a contact in my contact list have enabled a self-defined status from MsgPlus it shows up like this in my contact list:

That's just the new way that Plus! implements Custom Statuses. (Which doesn't look as good as it used to, imo. :( )
05-13-2005 08:04 AM
Ahmad

@hmad

40 / Male / –
O.P. RE: [updated 12/05/05] A-Patch v1.1.8 - Added 5 New HOT Features!!
quote:
Hi Ahmad, I've posted this in another thread. You answered in that thread, but not on my questions, so I'm so "rude" that I repost i this thread, where you seem a bit more active.
aha yea sorry about that, i am indeed more active in this thread, its kinda the "official" thread if ya know what i mean :P

quote:
I like the feature that removes the text "Messenger" next to the MSN-logo, and the one that removes the text next to the Hotmail-, My space- and MSN today-buttons from A-Patch. And I also like the feature which adds a Log off-button from MessPatch. I have tried to use both patches, but it doesn't work, no matter if I use MessPatch or A-Patch first. Can you please add the Log-off button into A-Patch? Or du you or someone else have any tips to give me the Log off-button from Messpatch when I have used A-Patch? Or the opposite way, let me remove the mentioned texts that A-Patch removes after I have used Messpatch?
The log off or sign out button is already a feature in my patch, i updated it a few days ago, you should download the new version, the option is "Add sign out button" - and it will add a button next to the msntoday button ;)

quote:
There is another function in A-Patch that shows users as "Idle" instead of "Away" if they have been inactive for a certain amount of minutes. Is it possible, in the registry maybe, to change the text "Idle" to something else? After all "Idle" is the only status that appears in English in my Messenger... In MessPatch, the same function is claimed to function only for English users, so A-Patch actually is better! :P
If you want to change that yourself, you need to use a program like Resource Hacker and open up msgslang.dll in it.. navigate to String Table > 3 and edit string number 38, click compile script, then navigate to String Table > 7 and edit string number 101, compile script and save [exit messenger first] ;)

quote:
I found a bug in the most recent version of A-patch. It removes the Billing Info Menus even if I don't choose to remove it. I even tested the opposite way to see if the menus remained if I selected to remove them, but no matter what I choose they disappear.
This occurs when some other features are selected, I like to think of it as a good side effect :P

quote:

This has absolutely nothing to do with A-Patch ;)

quote:
Finally, great patch Ahmad! I first got introduced to Messenger-patches at www.mess.be, and started to use the MessPatch, but with MSN7, and all the texts next to the icons beneath the Personal Message, I prefer to use A-Patch instead. And your version of Always on top-icon also look better IMHO. If you only could add the Log off-button... :)
Thanks! :D And the sign-out button has been added as i explained earlier in the post ;)

This post was edited on 05-13-2005 at 08:07 AM by Ahmad.
05-13-2005 08:05 AM
John

www.johnjoosten.net

38 / Male / Flag
/nudge Ahmad

quote:
Originally posted by Jaguar
Hey Ahmad, I just downloaded the new version but the option to remove the To: bar isn't there *-) Is this 'cause I've got 777?

05-13-2005 08:07 AM
Ahmad

@hmad

40 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Jaguar
Oops didnt see that! :P

Yes, this is because you are running 777, the feature list is always for the latest version of messenger ;)
05-13-2005 08:09 AM
einum

Freude am Fahren

49 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Ahmad
aha yea sorry about that, i am indeed more active in this thread, its kinda the "official" thread if ya know what i mean :P
That is totally OK, and understandable!

quote:
The log off or sign out button is already a feature in my patch, i updated it a few days ago, you should download the new version, the option is "Add sign out button" - and it will add a button next to the msntoday button ;)
OK! (Y) I wasn't aware of that. I was using v1.1.5 (I think), but has just downloaded v1.1.8 anyway.

quote:
If you want to change that yourself, you need to use a program like Resource Hacker and open up msgslang.dll in it.. navigate to String Table > 3 and edit string number 38, click compile script, then navigate to String Table > 7 and edit string number 101, compile script and save [exit messenger first] ;)
:S Well, I think I'm able to do this. I might be a bit n00bish when it comes to things I haven't tried before, but after all, 9-10 years of active computer use gives you general skills. 8-|
I think the key word here is backup msgslang.dll before hacking into it... ^o)

quote:
This occurs when some other features are selected, I like to think of it as a good side effect :P
Well, I don't mind having several menu-items, as long as the general GUI looks clean. But it isn't a big deal, the Meegos-website can be reached through the Meegos and Emotiocons tab at the left.

quote:
This has absolutely nothing to do with A-Patch ;)
I realized that myself when I unpatched Messenger before downloading v1.1.8 (which will be installed when I've posted this message.)

This post was edited on 05-13-2005 at 08:57 AM by einum.
05-13-2005 08:39 AM
einum

Freude am Fahren

49 / Male / –
I've just installed v1.1.8 and added the Sign Out-button, which looks like this: [Image: A-Patch_SignOut.png]

Is it possible to make it in a more .NET-style? Either in v1.1.9, or by reshacking something myself?

MessPatch Sign Out-button (just to compare): [Image: MessPatch_SignOut.png]

This post was edited on 06-03-2005 at 02:02 PM by einum.
05-13-2005 09:02 AM
Ahmad

@hmad

40 / Male / –
quote:
I've just installed v1.1.8 and added the Sign Out-button, which looks like this: [Image: A-Patch_SignOut.png]

Is it possible to make it in a more .NET-style? Either in v1.1.9, or by reshacking something myself?

MessPatch Sign Out-button (just to compare): [Image: MessPatch_SignOut.png]

You have to replace the resource PNG 2009 with your image :)
05-13-2005 09:10 AM
Pages: (30): « First « 11 12 13 14 [ 15 ] 16 17 18 19 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: