What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April)

Pages: (16): « First « 8 9 10 11 [ 12 ] 13 14 15 16 » Last »
Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April)
Author: Message:
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April)
quote:
Originally posted by thekid
Hi (CyBeRDuDe),

I can get the plugin working now, but it was really funny.

I used the files you posted on the top post, and I never noticed the installer by Xerxis.
So I gave it a try.
The funny thing is, it works (using the installer by Xerxis) :p
And I didn't need to restart the messenger.

However, before the plugin worked, I did notice the value of Enable in the registry setting was 0.
I tried to change it to 1 manually, but it didn't give any result.
It just changed back to 0 again.

I really like this plugin, and this is something that I waited for a long time.

May I suggest you to use the suggestion from CookieRevised?
I see it as a great idea for your plugin in the future.
But, yeah, it's up to you :p

Edit: Question for you:
The plugin is automatically disabled if I reboot the computer. Is that normal?
Can you possibly keep it running (or remember the settings) although I signed out from the messenger?
I'm glad to hear it works..
Well.. The idea is that it was supposed to auto enable again when you have restarted msn or your computer.. It was programmed to do that, to save your settings.. Well.. I'll have to check on that.. Maybe i've not made it load that setting properly.. I don't know and can't do much about it right now.. sorry.. will make an update later...
And I don't think i'm going to make CookieRevised suggestion.. I've made far more with this plugin than originally intended.. so.. And also i've got a lot of other projects in line.. currently working on PolyTab and an autoresponder bot plugin whenever i have time for that.. so... I'll take a look a look at the problem that it doesn't run again after reboot but don't expect more updates other than this bugfix and i'll replace the one in the top post with an installer... :D
05-07-2005 12:16 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
user13774
Disabled Account

RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April)
I just noticed that the plugin doesn't support multiple account well, because my little brothers name suddenly changed to the name I entered in the plugin settings on my MSN account after the delay time (which is 1 hour). (This happaned after I logged off and he logged on)

Windows-versie: Windows XP, 5.01.2600
Messenger-versie: 7.0.0813 (Wave 11 Skin)
Messenger Plus!-versie: 3.52.0130
Nickname Counter 1.0.15

This post was edited on 05-10-2005 at 06:45 PM by user13774.
05-10-2005 06:44 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Markus
I just noticed that the plugin doesn't support multiple account well, because my little brothers name suddenly changed to the name I entered in the plugin settings on my MSN account after the delay time (which is 1 hour). (This happaned after I logged off and he logged on)

Windows-versie: Windows XP, 5.01.2600
Messenger-versie: 7.0.0813 (Wave 11 Skin)
Messenger Plus!-versie: 3.52.0130
Nickname Counter 1.0.15
Yes I think I know this.. :S... I'm still not sure what the problem is.. It is supposed to be user specific.. But I think I remember I found this problem to.. Seems to not be able to get the email when a new person logs in.. It works if you shutdown msn and then open again and signin in with your brothers account, right?... I will have to check on this later.. sorry.. I will make an update when I find out what the problem is.... Thanks for reporting...
05-10-2005 08:05 PM
user13774
Disabled Account

quote:
Originally posted by (CyBeRDuDe)
t works if you shutdown msn and then open again and signin in with your brothers account, right?.
Yes. I'm not 100% sure, but I think that's right :). Because it works fine when he logs on after a reboot.
05-11-2005 09:41 AM
Rik

31 / Male / Flag
great plugin(y), but please post a link for the installer - i installed by the .bat and it didn't work, i had to read all most all the pages for some help, then i found the installer
great plugin any way:D
05-11-2005 02:20 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Cool Rik
great plugin(y), but please post a link for the installer - i installed by the .bat and it didn't work, i had to read all most all the pages for some help, then i found the installer
great plugin any way:D
I will when I get some more time on my hands.. :D...

quote:
Originally posted by kalmi
It's working at me, it's very good!(Y)
But the .bat is bad for new versions of Messenger Plus.:(
I wrote the good version of .bat
Ok.. Nice to know it's working...
Would you please do me a favor?...
Go to your start menu.. Press the Run button.. there type in "regedit".. Press the enter key...
Then you see a screen, right?.. With some "folders"?.. then please navigate to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou"...
Please tell me where all the other registred plugins you are using are positioned?... In a folder called MsgPlus2? Or a folder named MsgPlus3?... If you used the reg you "repaired" then the counter nick plugin would be in the MsgPlus3 folder... All of your settings, like preferences and sounds etc. Are they positioned in the folder MsgPlus3? or in MsgPlus2?..
Thanks in advance...

Edit:
"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou" should be "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Patchou"
05-11-2005 02:28 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:

code:
regsvr32 CountNick.dll /s
reg add HKLM\SOFTWARE\Patchou\MsgPlus3\RegisteredPlugins /v "Nickname Counter" /d CountNick.clsCountNick

That's wrong.... The correct key is HKLM\SOFTWARE\Patchou\MsgPlus2\RegisteredPlugins

Plus! 3 does not use "MsgPlus3" as subkey. Although intensions were good, Never assume something like that before testing, especially when posting installers for plugins of other people! ;)

Plus! still uses "MsgPlus2" for obvious compatibily reasons (and thus will always keep using "MsgPlus2" in the futur also)...

This post was edited on 05-20-2005 at 01:39 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-20-2005 01:36 AM
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:

code:
reg add HKLM\SOFTWARE\Patchou\MsgPlus3\RegisteredPlugins /v "Nickname Counter" /d CountNick.clsCountNick

That's wrong.... The correct key is HKLM\SOFTWARE\Patchou\MsgPlus2\RegisteredPlugins

Do not assume, that Plus! 3 uses "MsgPlus3" as subkey! It still uses "MsgPlus2" for obvious compatibily reasons. And for this proably will always use "MsgPlus2"...
Correct!!!... :d..
Hopefully he will come by one day and delete the post or some Admin would please delete the post/attachement... :D..
05-20-2005 01:37 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
but the original didn't worked at me
That's not a reason to try and fix it tbh. The original batch file works perfectly IF the command REG is a valid command....

... And the DLL was also registered. The plugin seems to be a VB plugin (from seeing the batch installer) and VB plugins need also to be registered with regsvr32. But the batch installer doesn't do this, so this couldn't be the batch installers fault anyways if this wasn't done...*

Correct me if I'm wrong, CyBeRDuDe.

-----

So, kalmi, if the plugin didn't work, start by posting your system specs. What Windows version do you use? What is your complete and exact MSN Messenger version (in the form of x.x.xxxx)? What is the complete and exact version of Plus! you're using (in the form of x.xx.xxx)?

-----

*EDIT:
quote:
Originally posted by (CyBeRDuDe)
The Batch file DOES register the dlll with Regsvr32... :D..
code:

lol, errr yes, I must have been drunk or something for not seeing the first line, lol... soz

This post was edited on 05-21-2005 at 05:39 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-20-2005 05:43 PM
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
... And the DLL was also registered. The plugin seems to be a VB plugin (from seeing the batch installer) and VB plugins need also to be registered with regsvr32. But the batch installer doesn't do this, so this couldn't be the batch installers fault anyways if this wasn't done...

Correct me if I'm wrong, CyBeRDuDe.

The Batch file DOES register the dlll with Regsvr32... :D..
code:
reg add HKLM\SOFTWARE\Patchou\MsgPlus2\RegisteredPlugins /v "Nickname Counter" /d CountNick.clsCountNick

But of course, this batch file needs to be executed/placed in the same folder as the plugin dll file... Which means in the Plugins folder of Messenger Plus....
05-20-2005 07:48 PM
Pages: (16): « First « 8 9 10 11 [ 12 ] 13 14 15 16 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: