What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April)

Pages: (16): « First « 7 8 9 10 [ 11 ] 12 13 14 15 » Last »
Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April)
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April)
quote:
Originally posted by (CyBeRDuDe)
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
This is a good idea, and I am also goin to implement this... .. It shouldn't be much work to do that... I will look into this, and hopefully include it... maybe make it like a tag like day[s] then it will write days when the count of days is above 1 and if it's 1 it will only write day.. I will just have to find a suitable way of doing this...
(...)

Because of some recent suggestions for this plugin, I want to remind you about a post that I made last year in a thread which talked about a possible "counter in nickname" plugin where I already talked about all the possible things you could implement to satisfy everybody and to make it extremely versetile.

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=25...d=282993#pid282993

;)
I've checked the thread.. Apperently I was active in that thread to... :P.. lol!!! But I didn't really find anything I could use in your post.... The only thing was really the (!xcountdown) tag.. But I also had that in my previous version.. But now i changed the system a bit so żou can't do this anymore..
With all respect, but you can use everything in that post. The whole system is based upon a few entry fields and all the rest is done with inline tags (aka placeholders). The system is very versitile and you don't need to create any Plus! tags because of that (other then (!xcountdown) or something if you like).  You're already working with placeholders, but it lacks big support and freedom to the user, hence the constant requests to add this and that (eg: add a countdown, add a countup, add a way to remove the 's' from 'days', make it international, etc.).

I'm sorry to say this but, although the current plugin works, it is very very limited in it's current setup.

quote:
But in  the next version I will include tags like (!XCNTY), (!XCNTD),(!XCNTH),(!XCNTYM),(!XCNTS) to show number of yers, days, hours, minutes, seconds that the count down uses... this way you can make you own quicktext like "(!XCNTH) hours ,(!XCNTYM) mins ,(!XCNTS) seconds to some event! :D".. etc..
This will also limit the user and you will still get requests to add this and that, and soon you'll have more then 50 Plus! tags, which is of no use. Revise the system, and use placeholders instead (as shown in my post in that thread), that way the user can make everything as he likes and don't need to constantly use all the Plus! tags in his quicktexts and you also don't overwelm Plus! and the system memory with all kinds of tags....

This post was edited on 04-08-2005 at 07:08 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
04-08-2005 07:05 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April)
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
This is a good idea, and I am also goin to implement this... .. It shouldn't be much work to do that... I will look into this, and hopefully include it... maybe make it like a tag like day[s] then it will write days when the count of days is above 1 and if it's 1 it will only write day.. I will just have to find a suitable way of doing this...
(...)

Because of some recent suggestions for this plugin, I want to remind you about a post that I made last year in a thread which talked about a possible "counter in nickname" plugin where I already talked about all the possible things you could implement to satisfy everybody and to make it extremely versetile.

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=25...d=282993#pid282993

;)
I've checked the thread.. Apperently I was active in that thread to... :P.. lol!!! But I didn't really find anything I could use in your post.... The only thing was really the (!xcountdown) tag.. But I also had that in my previous version.. But now i changed the system a bit so żou can't do this anymore..
With all respect, but you can use everything in that post. The whole system is based upon a few entry fields and all the rest is done with inline tags (aka placeholders). The system is very versitile and you don't need to create any Plus! tags because of that (other then (!xcountdown) or something if you like).  You're already working with placeholders, but it lacks big support and freedom to the user, hence the constant requests to add this and that (eg: add a countdown, add a countup, add a way to remove the 's' from 'days', make it international, etc.).

I'm sorry to say this but, although the current plugin works, it is very very limited in it's current setup.

quote:
But in  the next version I will include tags like (!XCNTY), (!XCNTD),(!XCNTH),(!XCNTYM),(!XCNTS) to show number of yers, days, hours, minutes, seconds that the count down uses... this way you can make you own quicktext like "(!XCNTH) hours ,(!XCNTYM) mins ,(!XCNTS) seconds to some event! :D".. etc..
This will also limit the user and you will still get requests to add this and that, and soon you'll have more then 50 Plus! tags, which is of no use. Revise the system, and use placeholders instead (as shown in my post in that thread), that way the user can make everything as he likes and don't need to constantly use all the Plus! tags in his quicktexts and you also don't overwelm Plus! and the system memory with all kinds of tags....

Well.. I see your point, and I agree with you.. But I can't be bothered putting much more work into this plugin.. I have a thousand of other plugins on my to do list.. so.. I will try to finish this plugin as it is.. I might recode everything when I finally get some time to code a "big" plugin with loads of different features... :P... But ATM this is going to be as it is... :S...
04-08-2005 10:23 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
J.J

R.I.P Myles. Missing you.

33 / Male / Flag
RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April)
quote:
Originally posted by Xerxis
I will look into this, and see if I can find another ontrol more suitable... .. I can't promise it will be include in the next version.. But in the final version it will... .. This plugin will not be final version until I have this set straight.. Thank you for posting.. ...

Thats great, g/l Cyberdude :)
[Image: bluesig5rz.png]
Previously known as \'lappin\' and \'Third Dimension\'

Damo says (12:00 AM):
-pictures harry potter naked-
04-09-2005 09:47 AM
inquiringmind

does this work with colour nick?
04-10-2005 08:10 AM
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April)
quote:
Originally posted by inquiringmind
Hmm... I don't know.. haven't tested... I will test later today.. :D...
04-10-2005 08:38 AM
J.J

R.I.P Myles. Missing you.

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by inquiringmind

Yes it works if you copy the colour nick, nickname colour code :)
[Image: bluesig5rz.png]
Previously known as \'lappin\' and \'Third Dimension\'

Damo says (12:00 AM):
-pictures harry potter naked-
04-10-2005 08:53 AM
Matafluer

– / Female / –
OMG, I sooo want this plugin, but I just tried to install it and now my MSN won't open. WTH is going on? Can some one tell me?
Never stand between a Woman and her Man, or a Dragon and it's dinner
04-18-2005 04:20 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Weyzza
Veteran Member

SoCal sunset > *

– / Male / –
Okay...
I now have a problem with it.

I tried to install it, but the options didn't show up.
I just reinstalled my comp, so I was thinking that I might a particular file to make it run.

The installation ran smoothly, but I couldn't find the counter in Plus!/Pref/Plugins.

This post was edited on 05-05-2005 at 06:10 AM by Weyzza.
Registered 7646 days, 13 hours, 1 minute, 23 seconds ago.
Happy Birthday, WDZ

05-05-2005 06:08 AM
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April)
quote:
Originally posted by Matafluer
OMG, I sooo want this plugin, but I just tried to install it and now my MSN won't open. WTH is going on? Can some one tell me?
No.. sorry... Haven't spend much time on this plugin lately so can't tell you anything.. :S.. Well.. might be able to help you if you give some info?... Messenger Version, Plus! version? Windows? Etc...?
If you go to "c:\program files\messenger plus! 3\Plugins"(replace c:\program files\ with the folder that matches on your computer) and delete the file Countnick.dll then start messenger again you should be fine again... :D.. Well.. sorry I can't be to more help right now... :(.. Please read the end of this post.. Might be able help you.. i'm not sure...?

quote:
Originally posted by thekid
Okay...
I now have a problem with it.

I tried to install it, but the options didn't show up.
I just reinstalled my comp, so I was thinking that I might a particular file to make it run.

The installation ran smoothly, but I couldn't find the counter in Plus!/Pref/Plugins.

Did you use the setup that was posted by Xerxis? or did you download and install the one on the first post?`..

If you did use the installer by Xerxis , then it's kinda hard to tell you what the problem might be, but maybe going for solution number 2 might help... :S... If you didn't use that installer but used the one in the top post then you can either try the installer or go for one of the solutioins... I hope this would work...

Since I haven't made an installer yet(Except Xerxis installer, but it haven't been tested completly yet), and it will come soon... when I have finsihed my exams project... This seems to be the problem in most cases:
You are missing the nessecary system files for this plugin to run...

You can do 1 of the following things...

1: Please try running a search on windows folder for the file MSCOMCTL.OCX and also the file MSCOMCT2.OCX, if you do have them both then there is some other problem.. If you don't have them then search them on google and download them.. Move them to your windows\system folder, if you are using xp then windows\system32 folder... and then use regsvr32 on them... To regsvr32 them go to Start -> Run, and then type "regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\mscomctl.ocx" and press enter, then go to Start -> Run and this time type "regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\mccomct2.ocx" and press enter... This should hopefully fix your problem.. :D.. please report if it works?

2: Some of you people getting errors might be because you need the VB Runtime files, I'm not saying that i'm sure this would help, but it might for some of you.... here they are: VB6 Runtime files at Microsoft.com

Hope this solves your problems (and you understand what i'm trying to say) if not, then please post again.. :D
05-05-2005 09:12 PM
Weyzza
Veteran Member

SoCal sunset > *

– / Male / –
Hi (CyBeRDuDe),

I can get the plugin working now, but it was really funny.

I used the files you posted on the top post, and I never noticed the installer by Xerxis.
So I gave it a try.
The funny thing is, it works (using the installer by Xerxis) :p
And I didn't need to restart the messenger.

However, before the plugin worked, I did notice the value of Enable in the registry setting was 0.
I tried to change it to 1 manually, but it didn't give any result.
It just changed back to 0 again.

I really like this plugin, and this is something that I waited for a long time.

May I suggest you to use the suggestion from CookieRevised?
I see it as a great idea for your plugin in the future.
But, yeah, it's up to you :p

Edit: Question for you:
The plugin is automatically disabled if I reboot the computer. Is that normal?
Can you possibly keep it running (or remember the settings) although I signed out from the messenger?

This post was edited on 05-06-2005 at 04:27 PM by Weyzza.
Registered 7646 days, 13 hours, 1 minute, 23 seconds ago.
Happy Birthday, WDZ

05-06-2005 02:55 AM
Pages: (16): « First « 7 8 9 10 [ 11 ] 12 13 14 15 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: