What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Plus Icon in IMWindow

Pages: (4): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 » Last »
1 votes - 5 average   Plus Icon in IMWindow
Author: Message:
noroom

www.noroom.tk

O.P. Happy  Plus Icon in IMWindow

Patchou,

Why did you choose to put it the Plus! icon in that specific location within the conversation window? Having so much space above the contact's DP window and even more below it (or even have it to the left of that black, downwards pointing arrow in the contact's DP or even better: my own) why would you go ahead and put it in the most used area of the conversation window? I know it can be disabled, but the functionality (shortcut-wise) it brings to your program is too big to live without.

Could you maybe consider relocating it?

And what abou the /sound command? The sound panel that pops up after typing that command is meant to be controlled with the mouse. It's a little uncomfortable to have to reach for the keyboard, type the command and then grab the mouse to select what sound to send. I truly beleive it would be better if the /sound command was integrated as a menu in the Plus! icon within the convo windows.

Thanks for your time,
noroom.
03-17-2005 06:21 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
amsie

MsN RoCkS mY WoRlD :D

33 / Female / –
RE: Plus Icon in IMWindow
wats rong wiv it i love everythin in and to do wiv msn and the plus addons i fink it ios da best and nutin  should b changed
[Image: amsie7kj.png]
03-17-2005 06:58 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
L. Coyote

Captain Obvious

38 / Male / Flag
You can disable it.

On the main MSNM window click on the Plus! menu => Preferences...

In the preferences panel => Instant Messages => uncheck "Enhance toolbars with MsgPlus! features"

That should work. (You need to close the chat window for the changes to take effect).

Hack, hack, hack!
Finally became a Systems Analyst! :spam:

03-17-2005 09:09 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by noroom
Why did you choose to put it the Plus! icon in that specific location within the conversation window?
Because of the new MSN Messenger 7, there can be a whole lot more icons on the bar above the type area. It also wouldn't fit there if you have a small conversation window...

quote:
Having so much space above the contact's DP window and even more below it (or even have it to the left of that black, downwards pointing arrow in the contact's DP or even better: my own)
A contact don't always has a DP and therefore all those places will be gone when he doesn't have a DP (see screenshot).

Also, the icon is meant to be placed near the typing area for convenience, not far away from it...

quote:
why would you go ahead and put it in the most used area of the conversation window? I know it can be disabled, but the functionality (shortcut-wise) it brings to your program is too big to live without.
Isn't that a bit exaggerating? The small panel only takes up 24 pixels. That's hardly bigger then two small letters.

quote:
I know it can be disabled, but the functionality (shortcut-wise) it brings to your program is too big to live without.
You can also use the top Plus! menu or the added submenu in the action button (the first button with that small arrow pointing down)... In fact those menu's in those menu's contain far more options then the Enhanced Plus! menu in the typing area.

quote:
And what abou the /sound command? The sound panel that pops up after typing that command is meant to be controlled with the mouse. It's a little uncomfortable to have to reach for the keyboard, type the command and then grab the mouse to select what sound to send. I truly beleive it would be better if the /sound command was integrated as a menu in the Plus! icon within the convo windows.
It is, click on the little speaker icon in the small panel near the typing area. Also note that you can use your keyboard to navigate in the soundpanel, you don't have to use your mouse.... See Keyboard Shortcuts...

I suggest you to read also all the other Help Pages, Tutorials and FAQ, so you don't miss out on anything.

[Image: attachment.php?pid=408540]
msn messenger 6

.png File Attachment: plus3_convomenus6.png (55.69 KB)
This file has been downloaded 856 time(s).

This post was edited on 03-18-2005 at 06:19 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-17-2005 10:29 PM
noroom

www.noroom.tk

O.P. RE: Plus Icon in IMWindow
CookieRevised,

Everything you've circled in red is missing in my IM window, except for the plus! icon in the textbox where you type.

Why? Beats me! I can get the sound icon to appear when I set my own DP size to Medium, but that's it. In your screenshot yours appears to be set to small too, and you can see the sound icon. Can someone explain?
(Btw I know how to make the menus visible. I just want that downwards pointing arrow. The "plus action menu" or something like that.)

.jpg File Attachment: screen1803-1024.jpg (35.21 KB)
This file has been downloaded 349 time(s).

This post was edited on 03-18-2005 at 03:39 PM by noroom.
03-18-2005 03:30 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
haydos
Veteran Member

dirty dirty house music

– / Male / Flag
If you are using a different skin could it possibly be because of that?
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
don't be lazy
[Image: gayspam.gif]

03-18-2005 04:03 PM
Shaggie

– / Male / Flag
I hate to suggest it but it appears as though it would fit under the "My Display Picture".  The only question is "Is it possible to put it there?"

Shaggie
03-18-2005 04:26 PM
Eljay
Elite Member

:O

– / Male / –
quote:
CookieRevised,

Everything you've circled in red is missing in my IM window, except for the plus! icon in the textbox where you type.

Why? Beats me! I can get the sound icon to appear when I set my own DP size to Medium, but that's it. In your screenshot yours appears to be set to small too, and you can see the sound icon. Can someone explain?
(Btw I know how to make the menus visible. I just want that downwards pointing arrow. The "plus action menu" or something like that.)

the plus action submenu thingy next to the block button up the top, i dont have that either

as for the missing sound button, make the text area slightly taller and it will appear
maybe this is a bug, the way it can be hidden like that,  meh i dunno
03-18-2005 04:32 PM
Plik
Veteran Member

34 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Shaggie
I hate to suggest it but it appears as though it would fit under the "My Display Picture".  The only question is "Is it possible to put it there?"

Shaggie

If there isnt a display picture there or you press the arrow to hide it, the textbox moves accross and fills up that space. So that means it would cause compatibility problems.

03-18-2005 04:35 PM
Stigmata
Veteran Member

20 / Other / Flag
quote:
CookieRevised,

maximise you window, and if it is still not there, tell us.
03-18-2005 04:43 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (4): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: