What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Window Manager Plugin (Dock, Autohide)

Pages: (24): « First « 9 10 11 12 [ 13 ] 14 15 16 17 » Last »
3 votes - 5 average   Window Manager Plugin (Dock, Autohide)
Author: Message:
Andre

34 / Male / –
RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide)
Thanks man, the command /xonline worked now, but the keyboard shortcut doesn't work and neither does the mouse thing but the middle mouse button problem is to do with the Logitech driver though.

Is there a way of just having it so a specific set of contacts are shown instead of having the whole (well a condensed list) contact list in the balloon popup?
07-08-2005 08:38 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
TazDevil

sleep(0);

40 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide)
quote:
Originally posted by Ezra
The Balloon works very well :), don't really see the use in it, but nice to see that it works :)

Yea i know for many is useless but is something i wanted to do ,happy that it works, though
quote:
Btw, that minwidth was a livesaver :)

i know, i actually changed the min width so that the [min, max,close buttons] are always visible but since ppl with small displays requested it i have implemented an optional feature...
quote:
But somehow the transparancy feature still doesn't work well :S, I have to click ALT everytime I start msn to enable it.

It is still a big ISSUE for me as well as i dont know when the d**n thing gets loaded, so i can not do anything abou it yet...

quote:
Originally posted by Andre
Thanks man, the command /xonline worked now, but the keyboard shortcut doesn't work and neither does the mouse thing but the middle mouse button problem is to do with the Logitech driver though.

Is there a way of just having it so a specific set of contacts are shown instead of having the whole (well a condensed list) contact list in the balloon popup?

i thought of something like that for having about the top 10 contacts and only display online for those contacts, (but it would be unfair for the rest of the online contacts so for the start i desided to show them all)

i dont know about the development of this feature as i am waiting for user responce, if it is not needed i may drop it all together :)
Window Manager is discontinued, for WLM try the new,
Enhancer for contact list docking, auto-hide, hide taskbar button, remove button flashing and remember keyboard layout in conversation windows
07-09-2005 01:03 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
GroteSmurf

45 / Male / –
when I type /xonline the balloon shows, but it doesn't show the name of my online contacts. It says only ".NET Messenger Service" :-S
07-09-2005 11:07 AM
vlio

– / Male / –
great plugin !

for me the balloon works with /xonline but it doesn't with the mouse and the keyboard
also, if I choose to display custom names it only put ".NET Messenger Service" for each contact. It does work for adresses and friendly names though...
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we (GW Bush)

[Image: vlio.png]
07-09-2005 02:03 PM
TazDevil

sleep(0);

40 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide)

- i have fixed the keyboard hotkey to be adjusted on change of properties
- also fixed the left click action, middle click action for poping the dialog should already work though

- for the moment i cannot get the custom name for a contact so i am showning his service until Patcou provides me with info to get that information about the contact
Enhancer for contact list docking, auto-hide, hide taskbar button, remove button flashing and remember keyboard layout in conversation windows
07-10-2005 05:17 PM
EvilSeph
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
Excellent, I'll try this out tomorrow.

Please don't decide to stop developing this plugin - a lot of other people and myself are really looking forward to a plugin that does this. There used to be one that worked, but there were a whole lot of bugs and the author just vanished from this community :(.

Thanks for taking the time to develop a plugin that I actually find useful.
07-11-2005 02:54 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
TazDevil

sleep(0);

40 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide)
I just wanted to tell everyone that although the plugin is in BETA the feature you all need (auto-hide and docking has been finished a long time ago

so dont hesutate to download and miss all the great features

Known issues
1. Transparency in contact list is not loaded until the menu is shown for the first time
2. Plus! preference in the tray menu only show when contact list is opened
3. Balloon Tip custom names cannot be retreived yet

Unfinished features
1. Balloon tip
2. some featurs for the conversation windows

All the other features are finished (exept for any random bugs that users MAY have)

This post was edited on 07-11-2005 at 02:47 PM by TazDevil.
07-11-2005 05:20 AM
EvilSeph
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
First and most importantly:
Include how to install it in the readme file. I know most people don't read it, but at least you have something to direct them to when they ask you how to install it. It should make them feel stupid for not reading the text clearly named "README".txt.

Secondly, from a users perspective, I'm lost. Utterly lost. Just how do you use this program? The first thing I encountered was a key hooking error. That's not something a user wants to see. Especially when it's the first thing a user sees...

That's the only bug I could find, as I couldn't discover what key was being hooked and why it was already in use etc. Please try to make this plugin more user-friendly.

Anyway, great work. Once you'd explained to me how to fix my problem and in detail how to use this plugin, I'll start hunting for bugs.

Keep up the good work and please don't give up. I hardly ever reply to plugin posts on here. I really want to help yours along as it's something others and myself will find useful when it is completed.
07-11-2005 07:38 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
TazDevil

sleep(0);

40 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide)
quote:
Originally posted by EvilSeph
First and most importantly:
Include how to install it in the readme file. I know most people don't read it, but at least you have something to direct them to when they ask you how to install it. It should make them feel stupid for not reading the text clearly named "README".txt.

Secondly, from a users perspective, I'm lost. Utterly lost. Just how do you use this program? The first thing I encountered was a key hooking error. That's not something a user wants to see. Especially when it's the first thing a user sees...

That's the only bug I could find, as I couldn't discover what key was being hooked and why it was already in use etc. Please try to make this plugin more user-friendly.

Anyway, great work. Once you'd explained to me how to fix my problem and in detail how to use this plugin, I'll start hunting for bugs.

Keep up the good work and please don't give up. I hardly ever reply to plugin posts on here. I really want to help yours along as it's something others and myself will find useful when it is completed.

The error you get is because you are using 2+ accounts on the same computer (polygamy) and windows tryes to register a glabal hotkey in order to display the balloon popup. These hotkeys are unique per window session so when you try to register for the second account, windows returns an error (i can suppress that error and make a note in the preferences if you like...

hope the readme explains some things

An installer will be made once the balloon feature is completed

thanks for posting :)

.txt File Attachment: README.TXT (4.47 KB)
This file has been downloaded 186 time(s).
07-11-2005 11:14 PM
Zephyr

monster.rat

34 / Male / Flag
I'd just like to say thankyou to TazDevil for all the work he has put in making this plugin. It is probably one of my favourite plugins if not my favourite and is definitely my most useful one.

Hope there are more plugins to come from you and some more great ideas. :)
[Image: rhcpsig38tj.png]
07-11-2005 11:36 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (24): « First « 9 10 11 12 [ 13 ] 14 15 16 17 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: