What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Window Manager Plugin (Dock, Autohide)

Pages: (24): « First « 10 11 12 13 [ 14 ] 15 16 17 18 » Last »
3 votes - 5 average   Window Manager Plugin (Dock, Autohide)
Author: Message:
EvilSeph
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide)
That may be true, however the thing is, I wasn't using a second session of MSN Messenger at the time of running your plugin :\.

In any case, will Multi-session support be incorporated?

Edit: It seems the reason the plugin didn't work was because I didn't have "Force auto-hide even if not skinned" enabled. I didn't enable this initially, because I didn't know what it meant and still don't.

This post was edited on 07-12-2005 at 12:11 AM by EvilSeph.
07-11-2005 11:46 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
TazDevil

sleep(0);

40 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide)
there already is polygamy support, the point is that the settings are global for all accounts, since the plugin has to do with MSN as an application and not as a service...

the only problem is with the hotkey so i think i should register thehotkey once the user is signed in and not at the start of the application in order to check which user it is and get the appropriate key from the ini, so that this error can be resolved

Since the balloon will only be used when user is online, after all.

You probably got this error because you have the windows messenger installed on your pc alongside with your MSN so the hotkey registered to the one started first and the second gave the error... try removing Windows Messenger and tell me if you get the error any more...

Also i want to stress that the auto-hide feature ONLY works when the contact list is skinned if it is not skinned it does not work unless you check the Force Auto-Hide option...

So if you uncheck the option and skin the window by your self it will still work :)

"Force auto-hide even if not skinned"
This option actually means that the plugin will automatically press the "show/Hide frame" button for you (on the top left) that will enable the plugin to continue with auto-hide...

I 'll see if i can make some adjustments in the afternoon and post later on...

If you have any more q's just ask...
Window Manager is discontinued, for WLM try the new,
Enhancer for contact list docking, auto-hide, hide taskbar button, remove button flashing and remember keyboard layout in conversation windows
07-12-2005 09:38 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Mithrandir

ColorNick's creator

36 / Male / –
This plugin sounds interesting but it doesn't work for me. I got an error message at first load (see attachment and translation below), then I didn't see it again because Plus! disabled it in the registry.

The error message says something like "The entry point GetLayeredWindowAttributes is missing in the dynamic link library USER32.dll"

It's because I'm running Windows 2000 SP4, and GetLayeredWindowAttributes is only available in Windows XP, as you can read in MSDN and see in Dependency Walker (see attachment again)

So... could you make it work with Windows 2000, without using GetLayeredWindowAttributes please? I would really like to use this plugin :)

thanks ;)

.jpg File Attachment: GetLayeredWindowAttributes.jpg (105.92 KB)
This file has been downloaded 222 time(s).
ColorNick v2 for MsgPlus 3 only: Official thread - Site & FAQ - Download
07-12-2005 11:53 AM
EvilSeph
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
Windows Messenger doesn't start at all on my PC. When I want to run it, I need to start it manually. I'm not sure why the error occurs as I only run one session of MSN Messenger and don't run Windows Messenger at the same time.
07-12-2005 02:02 PM
TazDevil

sleep(0);

40 / Male / Flag
post a picture for me plz...
1 of the error
and 1 of the processes pane in your task manager

This post was edited on 07-12-2005 at 02:14 PM by TazDevil.
Enhancer for contact list docking, auto-hide, hide taskbar button, remove button flashing and remember keyboard layout in conversation windows
07-12-2005 02:04 PM
TazDevil

sleep(0);

40 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide)
quote:
Originally posted by Mithrandir
This plugin sounds interesting but it doesn't work for me. I got an error message at first load (see attachment and translation below), then I didn't see it again because Plus! disabled it in the registry.

The error message says something like "The entry point GetLayeredWindowAttributes is missing in the dynamic link library USER32.dll"

It's because I'm running Windows 2000 SP4, and GetLayeredWindowAttributes is only available in Windows XP, as you can read in MSDN and see in Dependency Walker (see attachment again)

So... could you make it work with Windows 2000, without using GetLayeredWindowAttributes please? I would really like to use this plugin :)

thanks ;)

initially this plugin was directed for Windows XP but after testing MSN 7 an a Windows 98 machine i realised that the Show/Hide frame actually works on it too, BUT requires IE6 and not an XP machine (as i initially thought),

So i will only check if it is XP for the Transparency option
Now the transparency api is linked dynamically so it wont give an error on machines other XP

Mithrandir please try now and let me know

I am currently6 working on  EvilSeph and i will be loading the hotkey support only when user is connected and unload it when disconnected

This post was edited on 07-13-2005 at 12:02 PM by TazDevil.
07-13-2005 12:00 PM
Mithrandir

ColorNick's creator

36 / Male / –
Good work, it loads now !:o)

It works quite good, although I also have the key hooking error. I only have 1 Messenger loaded, and I don't have Windows Messenger. I think the reason of this bug is simple: when there is no hotkey set at all in the Preferences, your plugin can't hook the key and returns an error... (see screenshot)

I also noticed a strange thing with the combo-boxes : the popup has a height of 2 pixels :s (see screenshot). And although the "Animate contact list on expand | collapse" is checked in the Preferences, I can't see any animation ? ^o)

I tried the balloon tip (with shortcut, middle-click, left-click and /xonline) but it doesn't work here (nothing happens). Perhaps another compatibility problem with Windows 2000 ? it should support balloon tips but with less features than XP *-)

Everything else seems to work fine (Y)

Oh and by the way, could you remove the MessageBoxes that appear when signing in, opening/closing a conversation window, etc... , it's quite annoying for end-users :)

thank you for making this great plugin, and keep up the good work (Y)

.jpg File Attachment: winman.jpg (85.17 KB)
This file has been downloaded 196 time(s).
ColorNick v2 for MsgPlus 3 only: Official thread - Site & FAQ - Download
07-13-2005 01:07 PM
TazDevil

sleep(0);

40 / Male / Flag
i think i have fixed the hotkey thing

now the hotkey only works when you are online, and you have online contacts

This post was edited on 07-13-2005 at 02:58 PM by TazDevil.
07-13-2005 02:20 PM
TazDevil

sleep(0);

40 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide)
quote:
Originally posted by Mithrandir
Good work, it loads now !:o)

It works quite good, although I also have the key hooking error. I only have 1 Messenger loaded, and I don't have Windows Messenger. I think the reason of this bug is simple: when there is no hotkey set at all in the Preferences, your plugin can't hook the key and returns an error... (see screenshot)

I also noticed a strange thing with the combo-boxes : the popup has a height of 2 pixels :s (see screenshot). And although the "Animate contact list on expand | collapse" is checked in the Preferences, I can't see any animation ? ^o)

I tried the balloon tip (with shortcut, middle-click, left-click and /xonline) but it doesn't work here (nothing happens). Perhaps another compatibility problem with Windows 2000 ? it should support balloon tips but with less features than XP *-)

Everything else seems to work fine (Y)

Oh and by the way, could you remove the MessageBoxes that appear when signing in, opening/closing a conversation window, etc... , it's quite annoying for end-users :)

thank you for making this great plugin, and keep up the good work (Y)

sorry about the annoying messageboxes i was trying to get the events from msn api....
anyway they are removed now

about the 2px combo box, dont know what is wrong any suggestions???

also the ballon tip should work on win2000 as well

actually never had a 2000 system so i cannot test it on my own
07-13-2005 02:56 PM
EvilSeph
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
Still need that screenshot, TazDevil?

I've found a bug, not sure if it's been reported before, but it hasn't been fixed so I assume it hasn't :). When using Messenger Plus!'s boss protection and then coming back from it, the contact list window is resized EVERY TIME. This is really annoying as the menu becomes squashed up and the buttons are half-cut off (MSN Today, etc.).
07-13-2005 03:08 PM
Pages: (24): « First « 10 11 12 13 [ 14 ] 15 16 17 18 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: