What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Do you think it's fashionally cool to drink?

Pages: (6): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
Do you think it's fashionally cool to drink?
Author: Message:
Jhrono
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
O.P. Do you think it's fashionally cool to drink?
Yesterday, at the local faire(dont know how to spell it), which is Nationally Known, my ex-ex-gf drank 4 Vodka-Colas(2 straight Down), 2 Whisky-colas and 3 Beers and the STRONGEST shot they had...Myself, i drank 3 beers and 1 Tonic Gin, but i drank 'cause i felt to, not like she does, just to show off...Here's the story :

I arrived at 11:30 PM, and she had already drank 3 beers and 1 Whiskey, and she wasnt normal enough to say one 10 word setence...through out the night she started drinking more 'cause it's fashionally cool to...First the Whiskey then the first 2 vodkas(1 straight down), and she started yeling at me and at my mate(Bernardo)...Then shit happened, at about 1:15 AM she bought one vodka, and she said "this one goes down!", and Slam, straight down her throut!..5 Minutes passed(after many tries to make her stop driking) she bought another Vodka Cola and she tried to do a full down again, and she had done it, if one of my sisters m8's didnt stop her, at midle of the glass..By now, everyone was fed up with her, she was a pain in the ass, allways shouting and stuff..Then she said to my mate"Bernardo, buy me a shot, i'm allways paying you stuff!!"He said he wouldnt, but she persuaded him for 10 minutes, and he finally bought one shot...he gets to the bar and says to the man, "Here's the ticket, give me the strongest shot you have"...The guy says "Are you sure?!?"..."Yes"...and so it was...She drank the shot, and 10 seconds after that she yelled "BERNARDO!!!"...She felt on the floor, and maintained down for 2/3 minutes, after we lifted her up, and she gone down again..after that, she felt down about 10 times over and over again...She was terribly bad, and went home at 1.40 +/-  when she couldnt speak a word...Her parents are uber badly with her, and she is forbiden to go out on night...

It was one of the great nights for me this year, i stayed there until 5 o'clock...And i had lots of fun...Main issue : you CAN have fun not drinking too much..

Now final resume let's see one thing :
-She could have gone to the hospital and maybe have serious problems
-It's proved that such quantity of alchool is bad for your Brain
-Drinks Price :

Vodka - 3€
Whisky - 3€
Beer - 1.5€
Shot - 3€

(4 x Vodka) + (2x Whisky) + (3 x Beer) + Shot = 25.5€
No comment....

So what do you think?Are you willing to go down like she did, everybody laughing at her in the whole 'Party' ?
Damn, if you want to drink, drink, but dont drink heavily!...Drink like i do, 4 or 5 drinks max!...

If you have never seen such things, dont drink too much, or you maybe will never see them yourself..

This post was edited on 06-10-2005 at 11:54 PM by Jhrono.
06-10-2005 11:52 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
albert
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Do you think it's fashionally cool to drink?
... you guys are about 13-14 and already drinking..?!  I dont get it.. why do ppl drink beer knowing you might loose control of yourself??
06-11-2005 01:13 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pinchichuv

Viva Mexico y sus mojados

38 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by lp15
... you guys are about 13-14 and already drinking..?!  I dont get it.. why do ppl drink beer knowing you might loose control of yourself??

yeah i think that theyr too young to drink. but mostly the people that drink beer or other alcohol drinks, dont drink a lot or the know when to stop.

quote:
Originally posted by Johny
Do you think it's fashionally cool to drink?
Its not cool to drink and specially if youre to young, people that drink usually knows when they have to much to drink. To be Honest i drink but i know when to stop, if im felling dizzy its the time to stop, and i didnt started drinking cause it was cool, i started drinking cause i like the flavor of Tequila, but i started drinkin 2 years ago.
[Image: equipo_cimarrones_mxl.jpg]

06-11-2005 02:02 AM
marissa
Veteran Member

ahaha

34 / Female / –
what the hell...im assuming your friend bernardo is 13 too, so how the hell can he buy drinks?

your ex-ex-girlfriend is a retard. Drinking is so dumb (in my opinion) and NO ONE at that age should be able to look at alchohol! Look how stupid you become when you drink...
im so anti-drinking.

and yes, drinking and doing drugs has become something that makes you look "cool" to everyone else. (maybe it's always been like this) But everyone else is probably just chugging down the beers to look cool too, so really, you're not impressing anyone so "dont dress to impress"
06-11-2005 02:06 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
L. Coyote

Captain Obvious

38 / Male / Flag
I started officially drinking when I was 17. But I always tried drinking, even at 2, I would try to drink (my mother told me).

I haven't drank anything in six months, and I feel very bad about it (even though it's a good thing). I have a couple of beer cans that have almost no alcohol (I told my mother to get them) and I always tell myself "tomorrow I'll drink one".

I'm planning on going out when my friends return to town (they're all at uni, studying) and get drunk. (B)

For me, it's not because I think it's cool. It's my escape. Only once I lost control of myself, that's why I'll never drink when I'm alone anymore. I know I'm pathetic, but I don't give a shit of what people think about me.

Hack, hack, hack!
Finally became a Systems Analyst! :spam:

06-11-2005 02:14 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Jhrono
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Do you think it's fashionally cool to drink?
First i'd like to say, i dont thing you got that i dont think drinking = social porpuses, i hate those principles
quote:
Originally posted by jchichuv

yeah i think that theyr too young to drink. but mostly the people that drink beer or other alcohol drinks, dont drink a lot or the know when to stop.

I know how to stop, that's why i didnt drink what she did...

quote:
Originally posted by marissa

what the hell...im assuming your friend bernardo is 13 too, so how the hell can he buy drinks?
Yes he is, and what?i bought them too, it's not legal in my country but they sell them...there is no supervising most of the times so companys take that risk and take 300% more profit...
06-11-2005 02:44 AM
blackjack

=/

36 / Male / Flag
Drinking is not cool for me.. you dont look fashion doing that.. I drink sometimes with my friends at parties :P considering my age its more reasonable to drink.. but its bad for all ages.. i know that..

i drink 4-5 bottles max.. that is not bad at all :P i can walk in one line.. drive :P and everything

[Image: z3n0900.ashx]
06-11-2005 02:49 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Jhrono
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Do you think it's fashionally cool to drink?
quote:
Originally posted by Calvin
and i think if you think your cool because you do then your an asshole
quote:
Originally posted by Johny

First i'd like to say, i dont thing you got that i dont think drinking = social porpuses, i hate those principles
06-11-2005 03:08 AM
albert
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
You know.. when i ask some of my friends who drink y they do.. they say its because they loose control.. and theyre not shy anynmore, and they cant do everything they cannot do usally..

but why the fuck would u wanna do something u don't wanna do when ur sober..? there's a reason u dont wanna do it.. if there isnt then ud do it.. learn to make urself someone u want to be..!
06-11-2005 03:08 AM
Dane
Non-Elite Member

Dont ask to ask, just ASK!

35 / Male / Flag
Hello,

Well, here are my thoughts. In agreement with Johny, his girlfriend sounds like a s**t for one, pardon my language.  But only they would drink that much to be "cool".

And I personally have drank once and think that i'd only do it socially, not something to like depend on or whatever.  And I certainly wont get hammered, My maximum is 4.

In conclusion, its not cool!  Live outside the box.
06-11-2005 03:20 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (6): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: