What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Do you think it's fashionally cool to drink?

Pages: (6): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 6 » Last »
Do you think it's fashionally cool to drink?
Author: Message:
L. Coyote

Captain Obvious

38 / Male / Flag
RE: Do you think it's fashionally cool to drink?
If no cops are around and you know that the guy doesn't care about laws (because he knows you won't tell him off, since you want alcohol), you won't have any problems with getting anything.

There's also big brothers and big sisters that can help. That happened to my friends, until most of us became of age (18).

Hack, hack, hack!
Finally became a Systems Analyst! :spam:

06-11-2005 07:27 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
haydos
Veteran Member

dirty dirty house music

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Chestah
I think in australia, hte person serving the liquor is supposed to REFUSE you buying more alcohol if your in danger.
True, but this is meant to be for people who are over 18.... it doesnt really relate to minors because they dont let under 18's drink in bars etc. unlike some other places around the world.
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
don't be lazy
[Image: gayspam.gif]

06-11-2005 07:27 AM
Chestah
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by haydn
quote:
Originally posted by Chestah
I think in australia, hte person serving the liquor is supposed to REFUSE you buying more alcohol if your in danger.
True, but this is meant to be for people who are over 18.... it doesnt really relate to minors because they dont let under 18's drink in bars etc. unlike some other places around the world.

no, no i mean for people over 18. If your under 18 its illegal for the bartender to serve you at all! Its illegal for you to be inside the bar :p
Segosa is newb.
06-11-2005 07:28 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Ash_

35 / Male / –
tbh, i see the reason why some people drink. More Confidence. let's say you are infatuated with your best friend, and you want her to know but you don't want to ruin the friendship if she doesent feel the same way.

You invite her to a party, get drunk. ask her out. if she declines in the morning you can just apologize and say it was the alcahol talking.

alcahol can get you out of alot of situations. but i personally don't drink.
[Image: jeansiger5.jpg]
06-11-2005 08:21 AM
saralk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
I don't drink to look cool. And I don't drink much, there is nothing wrong with a few drinks spread over a night, but those people who purpously go out and drink loads of drinks in one night really annoy me. British culture is in a sad state right now.
The Artist Formerly Known As saralk
London · New York · Paris
Est. 1989
06-11-2005 08:55 AM
user27089
Disabled Account

It's not 'cool' to drink at all, the only time I get drunk is at parties and when my parents allow me to. When I do though, I don't really get too drunk, I never throw up, pass out or anything, all I really do is mess around.

Then I have a few glasses of wine at a meal with my parents, or with members of my family.

It is not fashionable at all, it makes people look stupid.
06-11-2005 09:18 AM
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Johny
Yesterday, at the local faire(dont know how to spell it), which is Nationally Known, my ex-ex-gf drank 4 Vodka-Colas(2 straight Down), 2 Whisky-colas and 3 Beers and the STRONGEST shot they had...Myself, i drank 3 beers and 1 Tonic Gin, but i drank 'cause i felt to, not like she does, just to show off...Here's the story :

I arrived at 11:30 PM, and she had already drank 3 beers and 1 Whiskey, and she wasnt normal enough to say one 10 word setence...through out the night she started drinking more 'cause it's fashionally cool to...First the Whiskey then the first 2 vodkas(1 straight down), and she started yeling at me and at my mate(Bernardo)...Then shit happened, at about 1:15 AM she bought one vodka, and she said "this one goes down!", and Slam, straight down her throut!..5 Minutes passed(after many tries to make her stop driking) she bought another Vodka Cola and she tried to do a full down again, and she had done it, if one of my sisters m8's didnt stop her, at midle of the glass..By now, everyone was fed up with her, she was a pain in the ass, allways shouting and stuff..Then she said to my mate"Bernardo, buy me a shot, i'm allways paying you stuff!!"He said he wouldnt, but she persuaded him for 10 minutes, and he finally bought one shot...he gets to the bar and says to the man, "Here's the ticket, give me the strongest shot you have"...The guy says "Are you sure?!?"..."Yes"...and so it was...She drank the shot, and 10 seconds after that she yelled "BERNARDO!!!"...She felt on the floor, and maintained down for 2/3 minutes, after we lifted her up, and she gone down again..after that, she felt down about 10 times over and over again...She was terribly bad, and went home at 1.40 +/-  when she couldnt speak a word...Her parents are uber badly with her, and she is forbiden to go out on night...

It was one of the great nights for me this year, i stayed there until 5 o'clock...And i had lots of fun...Main issue : you CAN have fun not drinking too much..

Now final resume let's see one thing :
-She could have gone to the hospital and maybe have serious problems
-It's proved that such quantity of alchool is bad for your Brain
-Drinks Price :

Vodka - 3€
Whisky - 3€
Beer - 1.5€
Shot - 3€

(4 x Vodka) + (2x Whisky) + (3 x Beer) + Shot = 25.5€
No comment....

So what do you think?Are you willing to go down like she did, everybody laughing at her in the whole 'Party' ?
Damn, if you want to drink, drink, but dont drink heavily!...Drink like i do, 4 or 5 drinks max!...

If you have never seen such things, dont drink too much, or you maybe will never see them yourself..

quote:
8-)

quote:
Do you think it's fashionally cool to drink?
N0
And same for smokers. I dont like standing next to smokers at all when they are smoking or when they have finished smoking recently .... unless they had a mouthfreshner or whatever :dodgy:
These aint good for u.
If you are legal and go out with friends and just have about a beer or 2 (thats it) then its ok i guess. If you are drunk then it aint of any use cause alcohol is to be enjoyed not to become drunk (In my opinion).
As i read in Ash_'s notesig, if u are having problems and resort to drinking the listen to this ..... "Drinking isnt the questions, it makes you forget the question"
Ya its funny and also has a meaning (good one) if you listen to it and read it carefully.
Why do you need this.

quote:
Originally posted by marissa

your ex-ex-girlfriend is a retard. Drinking is so dumb (in my opinion) and NO ONE at that age should be able to look at alchohol! Look how stupid you become when you drink...
im so anti-drinking.

:bow: (Y)
Underlined is what i wanna say too ;)

I dont drink but if i went to a party or something and i am gonna drink then i'd have only 1 - 2 light drinks like beer. Beer here has 2.5 % alcohol so its literally like chilled water :dodgy: Or mabbe the next stronger drink (i dunno which is it cause i dont drink) that too only a drink or 2 cause i like to know what im doing :P
More imp to enjoy the party than to wakeup in the bed next morning with a hangover and not being able to remember what happened.
I know ppl who tell me "I dunno what the f*** happened between 3.30 Am and 6 Am on 31st december" WTF :S
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
06-11-2005 10:16 AM
user27089
Disabled Account

I agree with you 100% there John.

As for the smoking (brought up by John), I hate people smoking around me, the other day some guy blew a load into my face and I screwed at him... How dare he murder me.
06-11-2005 10:30 AM
Dempsey
Scripting Contest Winner

http://AdamDempsey.net

37 / Male / Flag
I go out and have a few drinks, and every now and then i drink quite a lot and forget what happened, but as long as you dont lose control and get violent or something then I dont see the problem, as long as you're actually old enough to drink

I'm not saying i never had a drink before I was old enough, but it was the odd occasional drink at family parties, or going to a mates and things like that, i only really started going to the pub proberally when i was about 17 i think
SoundPacks   -   Scripts   -   Skins

that's not a bug, thats an unexpected feature
06-11-2005 10:33 AM
King For A Day

Vince Noir: King Of the Mods

35 / Male / –
wow thats just soo pathetic, drinking to be cool.
i drink but ive never been drunk and have never drunk eccseivly
i often go to the pub with friends but im sensible and  im happy like that
[Image: smaller6mh.png]
06-11-2005 10:36 AM
Pages: (6): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 6 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: