What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Do you think it's fashionally cool to drink?

Pages: (6): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] Last »
Do you think it's fashionally cool to drink?
Author: Message:
Gorillaz2-D

Gorillaz

30 / Male / –
Dodgy  RE: Do you think it's fashionally cool to drink?
ip15 is right why the hell would u drink u could kill ur liver if start expirementing with hard liquirs wen u loose control
Citys breaking down on a camels back. they just have to go coz they dont know wack. All ya fill the streets its appealing to see. you wont get undercounted coz ur damned and free. u got a new horizon its ephemaral style. a meloncholy town where we never smile. and all i wanna here is the message beep my dreams they got a kissin cause i dont get sleep no....
06-22-2005 04:45 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
PenguinBoy

indude

35 / Male / –
RE: Do you think it's fashionally cool to drink?
All livers are evil and must be punished.

First time i drank was when i was very depressed and was out with a load of sixthformers all a  couple year older than me, so i drank up got happy and laughed my way home. I'm quite happy i did because if it had been otherwise i would have spent the night moping in my own self pity.

I think the most important thing to do in terms of drinking (if ur going to do it, well done to those who don't) is to learn urself, and to know how much u can handle and know whether ur in the right company to get more than tipsey.

I'm a loving drunk hehe, and i go and look after all the depressed drunks.

*thinks of alcohol....New castle brown ale... southern conforts.... snake bite....dribbles*

Unfortunately i think i'm what they call a binge drinker(very bad for u apparently :S). i never drink at home because i don't really enjoy it. I like drinking when i'm at a party where i get verry nicely drunk. Only ever been sick once. but anyhoo all in good jest.

Did you know that hangover headache is infact ur shrunken-dehydrated-brain pulling on the membranes lining the inside of ur skull? yeaukhe. Drink plenty of water and have a load vitamins and suppliments before u go to bed.

[Image: pieinthepark4mo.jpg]
that's me and my friend pandy, showing u the benifits of pie in the park.... and fredos and just juice.

It's usually insecure people who will drink to excess to show off their capacity, i don't know whether it is fassionable but it is definately born from an urge to be. most people don't really feel they have anything to prove by it.  Just be supportive and look after ur friends, when they get into a state, keepem watered and to be there for them is the best help available.
(and try to keep out of fights) (unless it includes rugby tackling ur best friend repetatively, that's k)
06-24-2005 10:03 AM
Veggie

37 / Male / Flag
RE: Do you think it's fashionally cool to drink?
quote:
Originally posted by nimicitor
not to mention stupid. and when your liver is rotting, you will expect DECENT people to replace it with a new one. your digging your own grave.
In some cases some alcohol is good for you, in moderation of some drinks can help people.

I like drinking, its a social activity. Going to the pub with a few mates makes a very nice evening.
06-24-2005 04:29 PM
PenguinBoy

indude

35 / Male / –
RE: RE: RE: Do you think it's fashionally cool to drink?
quote:
Originally posted by nimicitor
quote:
Originally posted by PenguinBoy
First time i drank was when i was very depressed and was out with a load of sixthformers all a  couple year older than me, so i drank up got happy and laughed my way home. I'm quite happy i did because if it had been otherwise i would have spent the night moping in my own self pity.

If you need to drink to be happy, then you must be extremely sad.

quote:
Unfortunately i think i'm what they call a binge drinker(very bad for u apparently :S).

not to mention stupid. and when your liver is rotting, you will expect DECENT people to replace it with a new one. your digging your own grave.

yes i was very sad from trouble with my girlfriend and got happy, maybe it was cheap and superficial, but it worked. And i never said i would expect any decent people to replace my liver. i demand livers from bastards please. if not, i refuse riteous livers! lol

Anyhoo in all seriousness man, it would be better if u didn't call people stupid. Argue ur point, honestly i am interested to hear it! but attacking me doesn't really help me focus on the points ur making, and i'm sure u want me to listen so please try to phrase things differently.
Alcohol cuts down a life-span, so does stress.

That was quite supprising btw, i've just been talking to my friend bout a'cutting down on his drug intake. something like drinking is completely over looked. Infact i was telling him to cut out the crack and stick with the booze. As a safer place to dwell. (note that i didn't tell him he was stupid, rather i encouraged him to calm down on the stuff and to )

to all: is it better to drink regularly and then get totally drunk at a party.
or is it better to drink the same amount at the party but to drink nothing the rest of the time.

Because people talk about the dangers of binge drinking, but most people i know either binge drink, or drink regularly but with equal yet overlooked binges aswell.

And in referance to the initial question, I think yes, drinking is fassionable and it makes u feel better, but u need to look after urselves. Allot of Anti-drug/anti-smoking/anti-drink initiatives, and school education methods are in denial.
Smoking makes u feel good and it makes u look kool. this is true.
but if the education system actually accepted this and tried to help people out instead of telling them they're stupid for making such decisions they'd probably get allot further.

This post was edited on 06-25-2005 at 12:32 AM by PenguinBoy.
06-25-2005 12:27 AM
Pages: (6): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: