What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Translation » Official Translator Brasil

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] Last »
Official Translator Brasil
Author: Message:
KeyStorm
Elite Member

Inn-sewer-ants-pollie-sea

38 / Male / –
RE: Official Translator Brasil
quote:
Originally posted by Heyder
To find people is easy; the difficult is my time to coincide with the one of them.  I make translations of softwares simply for hobby in the time that have free. I make that as a good therapy!  But I don't have fixed time... it is a here, other there... Therefore, I don't want more being an official translator. I will continue posting my translations in the forum for any one to do download.
There is no special requirement about time disposal. Groups can be managesper mail or using this board, soi it doesn't require a constantly simultaneous work.

quote:
Anybody that has some technical knowledge of computer science
The fact is that this software does not require such, it's targetted to a broader public of limited computer usage knowledge as well as including some more technical features.
09-15-2005 07:46 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Heyder

Dr. Heyder

49 / Male / Flag
O.P. Roll Eyes  RE: RE: Official Translator Brasil
quote:
Originally posted by KeyStorm
There is no special requirement about time disposal. Groups can be managesper mail or using this board, soi it doesn't require a constantly simultaneous work.

The real problem, KeyStorm, is the synchronism and necessary commitment to maintain the group working. I travel a lot because of my work. It can happen, e.g. of the group to need of a translation that was under my responsibility with urgency and I to delay an entire work for me to be absent. Do you understand me?
09-15-2005 08:01 PM
KeyStorm
Elite Member

Inn-sewer-ants-pollie-sea

38 / Male / –
Well, in a group one can show disposal to a certain work or not, so others can go on with it.
On last translation I was very busy with exams and sould not help my group to translate the 3.54 version. I told them and they split the work acordingly among them excluding me. Now I'm participating on currently ongoing translation, again.

There are hardly any inconvenients to having a group, in fact it has many advantages, like being able to urgently act even if there is personal indisposability. This would also aid the fact that 1) it is added to the official package of pruned translations and 2) being able to someday be included again to the package if the demand proves to be high enough (by internal monitoring).
09-15-2005 08:21 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Official Translator Brasil
quote:
Originally posted by KeyStorm
quote:
Anybody that has some technical knowledge of computer science
The fact is that this software does not require such, it's targetted to a broader public of limited computer usage knowledge as well as including some more technical features.
But this certainly does not mean that anybody can translate the English texts to his/her own language just like that.

In the "simple" English texts every word has a meaning and often the way in how it is said is important.

It takes somebody with a very good computer knowledge and an even better extremely excellent knowledge of the software he/she is translating to make easy understandable and above all correct(!) translations.

You need to know exactly what each function/feature does in a program to be able to translate it. Just understanding English is certainly not enough....
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
09-16-2005 08:26 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Leif

81 / Male / –
Time to close this thread by now, perhaps?
09-16-2005 01:53 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Heyder

Dr. Heyder

49 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: RE: Official Translator Brasil
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
1) In the "simple" English texts every word has a meaning and often the way in how it is said is important.
2) You need to know exactly what each function/feature does in a program to be able to translate it. Just understanding English is certainly not enough....
1) I agree fully.
2) I agree again. But, when I said "technical knowledge in computer science" I understand that that includes a deep knowledge of the software that one will translate. Of course, if I don't know to use a program I cannot also translate it in way correct, same understanding English very well.
Thank´s by your post, CookieRevised. (Y)
09-19-2005 10:56 PM
Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: