What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Translation » Official Translator Brasil

Pages: (4): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 » Last »
Official Translator Brasil
Author: Message:
Heyder

Dr. Heyder

49 / Male / Flag
O.P. Huh?  Official Translator Brasil
Mr. Patchou:

I am medical doctor in Brazil but I am too Systens Analyst like hobby. I would like to be an Official Translator of Messenger Plus! for the Portuguese from Brazil.

I would like to remind you that the Portuguese from Brazil is very different from the Portuguese from Portugal.

I will show for you some example:

Brasil                              Portugal
-----------------------------------------
Arquivo                           Ficheiro
Senha                             Palavra-Passe
Restaurante                   Casa de Pasto **
Baixar                             Transferir
Ativada                           Activa *
Ação                               Acção *
Contato                          Contacto *

* Many words in the Portuguese from Portugal have a "c" more that doesn't exist in the Portuguese from Brazil.

** "Casa de Pasto" in Brazil mean Place where horses eat!

I think that Brazil deserves a correct translation for native language.

I have posting translations of the original file in English in the forum.

Please, how should I proceed?

Thank you,
Dr. Heyder

This post was edited on 07-12-2005 at 01:46 PM by Heyder.
06-12-2005 08:40 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Tochjo
forum super mod

36 / Male / Flag
RE: Official Translator Brasil
You might be interested in reading TRANSLATOR PORTUGUÊS BRASIL and Tradução para o Português do Brasil v3.54.132 :)
06-13-2005 08:21 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Heyder

Dr. Heyder

49 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Official Translator Brasil
quote:
Originally posted by Tochjo
You might be interested in reading TRANSLATOR PORTUGUÊS BRASIL and Tradução para o Português do Brasil v3.54.132 :)

Thank you Tochjo, but I already read these post.  It is exactly for this that I am offering my translation and explaining the differences among the two languages.

To purpose: As I should proceed to become an Official Translator (already has 2 months that I wait for an answer of Patchou...)

Best Regards.
Dr. Heyder
06-13-2005 07:08 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Without dissing everything up, and without getting into politics, etc I must say that American is also not "allowed" and it has also many words written differently then in English. Yet both language are also official and both languages are also spoken by millions of people...
If both Portuguese and Brazilian Portuguese would be officialy in Messenger Plus!, then there will also be many other languages (Belgian Dutch, Holland Dutch, American English, some different Spanish languages, etc...) Of course there is nothing which prevent you from making a translation and posting it on the forum so people can use it if they like...

quote:
Originally posted by Heyder
already has 2 months that I wait for an answer of Patchou
mail him again... probably got lost between all the spam...

This post was edited on 06-13-2005 at 09:07 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
06-13-2005 09:06 PM
Heyder

Dr. Heyder

49 / Male / Flag
O.P. Undecided  RE: RE: Official Translator Brasil
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Without dissing everything up, and without getting into politics, etc I must say that American is also not "allowed" and it has also many words written differently then in English. Yet both language are also official and both languages are also spoken by millions of people...
If both Portuguese and Brazilian Portuguese would be officialy in Messenger Plus!, then there will also be many other languages (Belgian Dutch, Holland Dutch, American English, some different Spanish languages, etc...) Of course there is nothing which prevent you from making a translation and posting it on the forum so people can use it if they like...

quote:
already has 2 months that I wait for an answer of Patchou
mail him again... probably got lost between all the spam...

Thank´s CookieRevised, but...

If exist official translations of Espanol (Espana) e Espanol (Latino) - no there is any difference among them - because it cannot have official translation for Portuguese of Brazil that is very different from the Portuguese of Portugal?
06-15-2005 07:27 PM
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
quote:
If exist official translations of Espanol (Espana) e Espanol (Latino) -
a lot of time ago, when Plus 2.0 was about being translated, Patchou and some regular members of the forums then, decided which languages would be the official ones. At that moment, I wasn't a regular member here, so I can't tell you the reasons of why patchou decided to add both spanish languages. however, I 'm sure that there are (or there were) enough reasons to do so, therefore they should stay like until now. (and IMO, people shouldn't compare them with other similar languages (both protugueses, both english, valencian and catalan, etc...)

quote:
no there is any difference among them -
of course there are... and of course a latin spanish person is able to understand spanish from spain, the same as I (from spain) understand spanish latino....

I think it's the same as a person living in USA understand a person living in London, even if they speak "different" "languages". The same for your portuguese.

Anyway, as Cookie said, you are free to translate plus and post the translation here. People who like your translation will download and use it; and if there are quite downloads, Patchou may add your language as an official one.
Messenger Plus! en español:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
06-15-2005 10:05 PM
Heyder

Dr. Heyder

49 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Official Translator Brasil
Ok, Choli, thank you for this answer. Thank you too for yours polite posts. I go lowly continue post my translations in this forum to resident in Brazil can download the file.

I wait that Patchou sensitize by Brazilian peoples and include my translation in Setup of Messenger Plus!...  After all, in what the program would worsen? To the opposite, a new translation would just increase the software!

Please, consider this, Mr. Patchou!

Thank you for all.
Dr. Heyder

:type: Download my translation file for Brasilian Portuguese of Messenger Plus! version 3.54.132 in http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=45283
07-08-2005 03:59 PM
Edu115

quote:

Brasil                              Portugal
-----------------------------------------

Restaurante                   Casa de Pasto **

WHAT??!!! :O I'm portuguese, and i've never EVER heard of "Casa de Pasto" with a meaning of restaurant...
[Image: sign.jpg]
08-11-2005 12:49 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Heyder

Dr. Heyder

49 / Male / Flag
O.P. Cool  RE: RE: Official Translator Brasil
quote:
Originally posted by Edu115

WHAT??!!! :O I'm portuguese, and i've never EVER heard of "Casa de Pasto" with a meaning of restaurant...

(H) Prezado Edu115:

Independente de uma palavra ou outra que eu possa estar errado, você sabe bem que existem grandes diferenças entre o português de Portugal e o português do Brasil. Eu gosto dos Portuguêses. Aliás, eu tenho muitos amigos que moram aí em Portugal. Assim como você que é Português, eu que sou Brasileiro, também gostaria de ter uma tradução adequada do Messenger Plus! Eu apenas gostaria que o Sr. Patchou presenteasse o povo brasileiro com uma tradução legítima deste grande complemento para o MSN Messenger que é o Messenger Plus!

Grande abraço,
:) Dr. Heyder

:deal: Baixe minha tradução para o português do Brasil aqui:
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=46200

(H) Dear Edu115:

Independent of a word or another that I can be wrong, you know that exist great differences between the Portuguese from Portugal and the Portuguese from Brazil. I like Portuguese peoples. In fact, I have many friends that live in Portugal. As well as you that is Portuguese, I that am Brazilian, would also like to have an appropriate translation of Messenger Plus! Just I would like Mr. Patchou to give a present the Brazilian people with a legitimate translation of this great complement for MSN Messenger that is Messenger Plus!

Best Regards,
:) Dr. Heyder

:deal: Download my translation for portuguese from Brazil here:
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=46200

Mr. Patchou:

Até agora, o arquivo com minha tradução do Messenger Plus! para o português do Brasil já foi baixado 450 vezes. Isso ainda é pouco para presentear o povo brasilieiro com uma tradução legítima?

Pense um pouco: em quê o seu programa irá perder? Em nada! Ao contrário, será mais um idioma disponível no seu software!

Dr. Heyder (H)

Up to now, the file with my translation of Messenger Plus! for the Portuguese from Brazil it was already downloaded 450 times. This is little to give a present the people brasilieiro with a legitimate translation?

Think a little: in something your program will lose? Nothing! To the opposite, it will be one more available language in your software!

Thank´s,
Dr. Heyder (H)

This post was edited on 08-30-2005 at 12:40 PM by Heyder.
08-30-2005 12:37 PM
KeyStorm
Elite Member

Inn-sewer-ants-pollie-sea

38 / Male / –
Domain Name and Languages

These are the current language stats. Quite some time ago, languages who dropped under 1000 users were pruned from the official package. I'm not sure about how many udownloads would be required to add that translation to the package, but surely at least more than 1000.

Also the stats should be treated and monitored more accurately by the server administrators. :)

Patchou pruned a number of languages because they wasted an excessive space in the package and some seemed not to be used. Still all these can be downloaded from your localized page at http://www.msgplus.net

And a personal advice: Instead of aggresively advertising your translation, you may make a translation that proves for itself to be worth the addition. :)

This post was edited on 08-30-2005 at 02:04 PM by KeyStorm.
08-30-2005 01:59 PM
Pages: (4): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: