What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Translation » Official Translator Brasil

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
Official Translator Brasil
Author: Message:
Heyder

Dr. Heyder

49 / Male / Flag
O.P. Happy  RE: RE: RE: RE: Official Translator Brasil
quote:
Originally posted by Edu115
1). Dr. Heyder, in your "oh so high-standard and high educated" world, somebody forgot to tell you that you can't "generate legal process for slander" just because someone in a forum accused you.
2). And for the record, and don't take it as an insult or something like that, your english isn't that good, so i personally don't think you could do an entire translation alone.
3). But hey, you're the doctor. "Me not." ;)

1). This doesn't depend on education, but information... are very different things... Besides, I didn't say that would process somebody... I just complained of the a unjust accusation.
2). Ok, no problems. I respect your opinion, but I don't agree with you. I think that the Brazilians people also not.
3). Excuse me for the addiction of using the "Dr.". This happens for "force of the profession"... I am not better than nobody for that,  mainly when the subject is text translation... but thank´s for your post.
09-08-2005 01:45 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Edu115

RE: Official Translator Brasil
I rest my case... Do whatever you want, but just don't copy or use other translators work.. If it's good enough, Patchou will make it official.
[Image: sign.jpg]
09-12-2005 05:20 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Heyder

Dr. Heyder

49 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Official Translator Brasil
quote:
Originally posted by Edu115
I rest my case... Do whatever you want, but just don't copy or use other translators work.. If it's good enough, Patchou will make it official.

(N) Close your discussion without accusing frivolously me. I DIDN'T COPY ANY TRANSLATOR WORK. Nobody has proofs of that.:-#

09-13-2005 03:01 PM
paperless
Veteran Member

Saved by the bell

34 / Male / Flag
Look, there are many kinds of portuguese, European Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese and African Portuguese.

The african Portuguese is not as known as the other two because people on these countries are poor and cant afford a computer.

I dont know what your objective is, but you wont have Brazilian Portuguese bundled with Msgplus anytime soon as there are many kinds of Portuguese there are many kinds of French, English etc.

And only the ones from England, France aka the "original" languages come with Msgplus, i personally dont agree with this, i dont understand why Patchou decided so but he did.

I dont know where you took that idea from but we dont say Casa de Pasto but Restaurante just as you.
And in the same context we can use senha as well, yeah we use mostly palavra-passe but senha can also be used.

If you want to translate, fine, but it will not be official.

This post was edited on 09-13-2005 at 03:58 PM by paperless.
09-13-2005 03:56 PM
Heyder

Dr. Heyder

49 / Male / Flag
O.P. Happy  RE: RE: Official Translator Brasil
quote:
Originally posted by paperless
1) I dont know what your objective is, but you wont have Brazilian Portuguese bundled with Msgplus anytime soon as there are many kinds of Portuguese there are many kinds of French, English etc.
2) ...I personally dont agree with this, i dont understand why Patchou decided so but he did.
3)I dont know where you took that idea from but we dont say Casa de Pasto but Restaurante just as you. And in the same context we can use senha as well, yeah we use mostly palavra-passe but senha can also be used.
4) If you want to translate, fine, but it will not be official.

1) My objective is simple:  To give a present the Brazilian people with a legitimate translation Brazilian of Messenger Plus! Look that, same being portuguese languages (of same Latin origin) they are different amongst themselves. Same being small the differences, it is pleasant extremamemte you to read something in your native language, as well as it is unpleasant to read something in a language SIMILAR to yours.
2) I don't also understand, but the program belongs to him... he is entitled of deciding how he wants to do.
3) I think that I committed a mistake in this comparison. I already excused myself for that. However, the other comparisons are true, not?
4) Ok, Paperless.  I already gave up on being an official translator of Messenger Plus!. I will just continue my post translation in the forum. The only thing that leaves me very sad, it is the form as some people as Mr. Edu115 and Mr. Gonçalo acted with me, accusing me of plagiarism without proofs, what is not true. I think the people should be more educated and less offensives in their postage in the forum. They should consider that when somebody offers his time to do a free translation, is trying to do a well just, nothing more.

Thank´s by your post.
Dr. Heyder (H)

Em português do Brasil:
1) Meu objetivo é simples e único: presentear o povo brasileiro com uma tradução legítima brasileira do Messenger Plus! Note que, mesmo sendo idiomas portuguêses (de mesma origem latina) são diferentes entre si. Mesmo sendo pequenas as diferenças, é extremamemte agradável você ler algo no seu idioma nativo, assim como é desagradável ler algo em um idioma PARECIDO com o seu.
2) Eu também não entendo, mas o programa é dele... ele tem o direito de decidir como quer fazer.
3)  Eu acho que cometi um erro nesta comparação. Já me desculpei por isso. No entanto, as demais comparações são verdadeiras, não?
4)  Eu já desisti de ser um tradutor oficial do Messenger Plus!. Apenas continuarei postanto minha tradução no forum.  A única coisa que me deixa muito triste, é a forma como algumas pessoas como o Sr. Edu115 e Sr. Gonçalo agiram comigo, acusando-me de plágio sem provas, o que não é verdade.  Eu acho que as pessoas deveriam ser mais educadas e menos ofensivas em suas postagem no forum. Elas deveriam considerar que, quando alguém oferece seu tempo para fazer uma tradução gratuita, está tentando fazer apenas um bem, nada mais.

Obrigado por seu post.
Dr. Heyder (H)

This post was edited on 09-19-2005 at 11:02 PM by Heyder.
09-14-2005 01:50 AM
UnduTheGun

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Heyder
1) My objective is simple:  To give a present the Brazilian people with a legitimate translation Brazilian of Messenger Plus!
As keystorm said, you should find other Brazilian people so you can compare ideas. I don't think a single person without translating skills and experience (e. g. have studied in a univeristy to be a translator), can have a good translation from English.

Don't get me wrong, I've read the thread and I know you have good intentions, but translating a text isn't as easy as it sounds.
09-14-2005 03:56 PM
paperless
Veteran Member

Saved by the bell

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by UnduTheGun
As keystorm said, you should find other Brazilian people so you can compare ideas. I don't think a single person without translating skills and experience (e. g. have studied in a univeristy to be a translator), can have a good translation from English.

Don't get me wrong, I've read the thread and I know you have good intentions, but translating a text isn't as easy as it sounds.

Excuse me?

You need to go on university and get an english course to translate Msgplus?
Its not a book or anything its just a program with simple single words in most cases some sentences.

This post was edited on 09-14-2005 at 05:57 PM by paperless.
09-14-2005 04:50 PM
KeyStorm
Elite Member

Inn-sewer-ants-pollie-sea

38 / Male / –
Please, paperless, read again. No one is talking about such requirements.
09-14-2005 05:19 PM
L. Coyote

Captain Obvious

38 / Male / Flag
quote:
I don't think a single person without translating skills and experience (e. g. have studied in a univeristy to be a translator), can have a good translation from English.
quote:
Originally posted by paperless
quote:
Originally posted by KeyStorm
Please, paperless, read again. No one is talking about such requirements.
I believe the quotes didn't go well. :-/

Edit: he corrected it... :p

Anyway, from what I've read, no one is stopping anyone to do a translation for personal use and maybe sharing among a group of people. It won't be labeled as official, but it still can be used, as long as this is stated (if you're going to distribute it).

If you're really up to the challenge of translating the English strings by yourself, good luck. But don't use another translation to base yours. This is simply what was told to you by the official translators, and there is no need to make a big deal of it.

You must understand that most translations require a group of people working hard on a project, and they don't get paid. It's not surprising they are suspicious of a very similar translation, coming from a person who claims both languages are, somewhat, different.

Good luck! (Y)

Hack, hack, hack!
Finally became a Systems Analyst! :spam:

09-14-2005 06:04 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Heyder

Dr. Heyder

49 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Official Translator Brasil
quote:
Originally posted by Leo
1) Anyway, from what I've read, no one is stopping anyone to do a translation for personal use and maybe sharing among a group of people. It won't be labeled as official, but it still can be used, as long as this is stated (if you're going to distribute it). 2) If you're really up to the challenge of translating the English strings by yourself, good luck. 3) But don't use another translation to base yours. 4) This is simply what was told to you by the official translators, and there is no need to make a big deal of it. 5) You must understand that most translations require a group of people working hard on a project, and they don't get paid. 6) It's not surprising they are suspicious of a very similar translation, coming from a person who claims both languages are, somewhat, different. Good luck! (Y)
1) Yes. I will continue making my Messenger Plus translation! and posting at the forum so that all of the interested people can download freely.
2) Thank you.
3)  I don't understand you. After you to have read all, how can you still think like this?
4) Ok, I agree. I just lament that translators officiate accepted by Patchou have attitudes such ugly.
5) I understood so well that, I don't want more to be translating official.
6) I agree, again.  However, that doesn't give right to anybody of accusing me of plagiarism.

Thank you for post, Leo.
Dr. Heyder :)

Para os amigos Portugueses e Brasileiros:
1) Sim. Eu continuarei fazendo minhas traduções do Messenger Plus! e postando-as no forum para que os interessados possam baixá-las livremente.
2) Obrigado.
3) Eu não estou entendendo você. Depois de ter lido tudo, como você ainda pode pensar assim?
4) Ok, eu concordo. Eu só lamento que tradutores oficiais aceitos por Patchou tenham atitudes tão feias (baixas).
5) Eu entendi tão bem, que não quero mais ser tradutor oficial.
6) Eu concordo novamente. Porém, isso não dá o direito a ninguém de acusar-me de plágio.

Para baixar a última tradução brasileira do Messenger Plus!, clique aqui:
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=45283

Obrigado por sua postagem, Leo.
Dr. Heyder:)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
quote:
1) As keystorm said, you should find other Brazilian people so you can compare ideas. 2) I don't think a single person without translating skills and experience (e. g. have studied in a univeristy to be a translator), can have a good translation from English. 3) Don't get me wrong, I've read the thread and I know you have good intentions, but translating a text isn't as easy as it sounds.
1) To find people is easy; the difficult is my time to coincide with the one of them.  I make translations of softwares simply for hobby in my litlle time free. I make that as a good therapy!  But I don't have fixed time... it is a here, other there... Therefore, I don't want more being an official translator. I will continue posting my translations in the forum for any one to do download.
2)  I respect his opinion, but I don't agree with you. I think that if I am good in my language and to perfectly understand what a sentence means in English, I will know how to translate it exactly for my language. The Mensenger Plus! it is just a program with a lot of simple sentences to be translated. Anybody that has some technical knowledge of computer science will know how to perfectly understand his text. One more thing: I cannot be a deep expert of the English grammar, but I am good expert of the Brazilian grammar. Like this, my posts in this forum until can contain some grammatical mistake, but my translation for brazilian language no. 3) Ok. no problem. Thank´s.
Dr. Heyder :D

Para os amigos Portugueses e Brasileiros:

1) Achar pessoas é fácil; o dicícil é o meu tempo coincidir com o delas. Eu faço traduções de softwares simplesmente por hobby no meu pouco tempo livre. Faço isso como boa terapia! Mas eu não tenho tempo fixo para isso... é um pouco aqui, um pouco alli... Por isso, eu não quero mais ser tradutor oficial. Continuarei postando minhas traduções neste forum para que qualquer pessoa possa baixá-la.
2) Eu respeito sua opinião, mas não concordo com você. Eu acho que, se conheço bem meu idioma e entendo perfeitamente o que uma frase em inglês significa, saberei traduzi-la exatamante para minha linguagem. O Mensenger Plus! é um programa com muitas frases simples de serem traduzidas. Qualquer pessoa que tenha algum conhecimento técnico de informática saberá entender perfeitamente seu texto. Mais uma coisa: Posso não ser um expert em gramática inglesa, mas conheço profundamente a gramática brasileira. Assim, meus posts neste forum podem até conter algum erro gramatical, mas minhas traduções para a língua brasileira não. 3) Ok, sem problemas. Obrigado.

Baixe a última versão da tradução do Messenger Plus! para o Brasil aqui:
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=45283

Dr. Heyder :D

This post was edited on 09-19-2005 at 11:07 PM by Heyder.
09-15-2005 06:53 PM
Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: