What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Rant against good for nothing MS bashers.

Pages: (5): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 » Last »
Rant against good for nothing MS bashers.
Author: Message:
Fourjays

Jaguar E-Type

36 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Rant against good for nothing MS bashers.
quote:
Originally posted by Patches
No Microsoft. No MSN. No MSN Messenger. No Messenger Plus!

See my point?

:o NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

quote:
Originally posted by YottabyteWIzard
@Fourjays how long it took you to write that?

About ten minutes in ranting mode. :p

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
Great post Fourjays.
Thank-you. :)
[Image: msgsig7yx.jpg]
A new range of internet based services... Coming Soon(ish)! - www.fortheinter.net
08-02-2005 06:25 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Tasha

31 / Female / Flag
RE: Rant against good for nothing MS bashers.
quote:
Originally posted by Patches
No Microsoft. No MSN. No MSN Messenger. No Messenger Plus!

See my point?

so so so so true. :p

Oh yeah, and:

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
quote:
Originally posted by damm-o
You are absolutely right

www.mycutelobster.co.uk
"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry,
but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"
08-02-2005 06:25 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
@Fourjays

amen to that... that post should be printed in bold on a big piece of paper hanging over the bed of every basher...
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
08-02-2005 10:33 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ShawnZ
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Fourjays
People are already moaning about Vista Beta1. It doesn't run, there aren't any drivers, etc.... Its a Beta, not the final thing. MS have already stated that it IS missing alot of things that will be going into Beta2, and have also said that we should wait until Beta2 is released for a better picture of what Vista will be like.

By the way, im sure most of the people that rant about Vista Beta 1 do it just as a joke, because everyone knows its beta and its pretty fun to laugh at how incompatible it is right now. But yes, it is a very stable operating system and im sure it'll work perfectly once its released.
Spoiler:
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
08-02-2005 10:39 PM
Purity
Veteran Member

AngelFuck

34 / Female / –
bleh who cares....:dodgy:

:gay:
[Image: puritysig8.jpg/]
www.purity.toastednet.org
08-02-2005 10:53 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Concord Dawn
Veteran Member

This is a loopy fruit.

33 / Male / –
I bash it because they are so far behind lots of opensource projects. And don't even tell me, "well you run Windows". Not for much longer I won't. Windows is going to be phased out VERY soon on my computer. The only reason I still use Windows is for mixing music, since the program I use (Fruity Loops 5, quite good) doesn't run under Linux or Linux + Wine (Windows Emulator). Linux is perfectly capable of doing everything that Windows does, and with the same level of effort. The ONLY thing that Windows does better than Linux is a larger home user base. It makes it difficult to do some things with Linux, such as wireless NIC (Network Interface Card) drivers. Some manufacturers only provide drivers for Windows for some unclear reason, probably to do with development or money issues. But even there Linux is one step ahead. You can find a program called ndiswrapper, which allows you to use Windows wireless NIC drivers on Linux. Linux, in my opinion, is a much more forgiving operating system in that if something goes wrong, either from user error or software/hardware malfunction, it's fixable via the terminal. Or by LiveCD, yet another excellent feature of Linux. Linux comes in two major categories, either Live (meaning that you can run Linux off the CD, without installing anything) or install (meaning you have to install Linux before you can use it, similar to Windows). And some distros (flavours, similar to the difference between XP Pro and XP Home) come in both. Ubuntu Linux is a good example of that. On their site you can download (either via BitTorrent or HTTP) a CD ISO containing either the install or Live versions, or a DVD ISO containing both on the same CD. To me, Linux represents total control over my computer. No more diving into the cryptic (at least compared to a Control Panel) registry to change little known settings in order for Windows to stop doing some annoying things. It also represents freedom. Instead of being stuck with a short list of programs to do a specific task, I have hundreds of options. And it's so easy to interchange between them, especially with apt-get (applet that downloads and installs software automagically). Also, most programs come as source code, meaning you can edit and change them to your liking before you compile (turn the source code into executable files) them. So, to break it down simply, Linux is completely customizable and more forgiving about system changes than Windows. Which is why I like it better, and it's also why I say:

LONG LIVE OPEN SOURCE!

PS: Linux is also for non-newbs. You have to at least know a few basic things about a computer before using Linux.

This post was edited on 08-02-2005 at 11:21 PM by Concord Dawn.
[Image: 7.png]
08-02-2005 11:19 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Chaotic_Shield
I bash it because they are so far behind lots of opensource projects. And don't even tell me...
I dont personally use linux and believe me I am no programmer but jsut the fact that its free is alot for me because I'm thritheen years old...no job = no money. I cant jsut go ahead and buy a 300 operating system whenever I want...seriously...why make this thread? if people dont like microsoft, let them. Different os' for different personalities...just like microsoft and let them be. its not ahrd to ignore them.
[Image: msghelp.net.png]
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
08-02-2005 11:46 PM
Garndell

Welcome to Elvie's World!!!

40 / Male / –
The amusing thing is that everyone that hates Microsoft so much uses something Microsoft made and/or hold the patent for.  Seriously though, I use Linux but I tried to get my parents to use Mandriva and they got so lost I had to format the hard rive and re-install XP with their guest accounts, lol.

Macs, well it's about time they died out really.  Now they are going over to Intel is there really any point?
[Image: c2-garndell.jpg]
08-03-2005 06:45 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
L. Coyote

Captain Obvious

38 / Male / Flag
Meh, I'm with the people who says: who cares? Let people think whatever they want.

I don't like Microsoft. But I can't install Linux because I'm an idiot (and my mother is worse).

And whatever about "no Microsoft => no MSN => no MSNM => no MsgPlus!"

I'm sure that if there were no Microsoft, then Patchou would have had a Linux OS and made MsgPlus! for whatever messaging system there was, anyway. :wink:

Hack, hack, hack!
Finally became a Systems Analyst! :spam:

08-03-2005 08:39 AM
Max

34 / Male / –
The base of Linux's security though, is a lie. The reason it doesn't have any viruses, is because only a minority of people use Linux, and subsequently virus programmer's can't be bothered to code viruses for Linux.

This post was edited on 08-03-2005 at 10:31 AM by Max.
08-03-2005 08:55 AM
Pages: (5): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: