What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Rant against good for nothing MS bashers.

Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 » Last »
Rant against good for nothing MS bashers.
Author: Message:
Anubis
Elite Member

33 / Male / Flag
RE: Rant against good for nothing MS bashers.
That post is so true, I am getting extremely tired of people just saying how crap Microsoft is without any valid comments as to why.
I won't lie, Firefox seems to be at least a year above IE in terms of features, bug fixes, and repairing of security holes. I think Firefox has proven just how good openSource browsers can be. That's the only really major flaw of MS that gets to me.
MS have contributed to the world of technology, and thanks to their widely used platform which is built for good home use and business use, everyone has an operating system that can be used at varying levels of knowledge and do what you want with the minimum of hassle.

quote:
Originally posted by Patches

The base of Linux's security though, is a lie. The reason it doesn't have any viruses, is because only a minority of people use Linux, and subsequently virus programmer's can't be bothered to code viruses for Linux.
The fact that a lot of developers do work on making it more secure also helps; but yes you are totally right, everyone will pick on Windows since its the most popular OS and therefore the OS that you're going to have the biggest impact on by exploiting it.
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
08-03-2005 09:29 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Fourjays

Jaguar E-Type

36 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Rant against good for nothing MS bashers.
quote:
The base of Linux's security though, is a lie. The reason it doesn't have any viruses, is because only a minority of people use Linux, and subsequently virus programmer's can't be bothered to code viruses for Linux.

Your absolutely right. It was the same for IE, but now FF is taking over, FF is starting to get hacked a bit too. I'll still use FF though, coz it just renders pages better.

Don't take me wrong, Im not against Open Source programs and such (I much prefer my Linux server, to Windows ones I have had before), Im just against those who just say "MS is crap" without any real reason for backing up their statement.
[Image: msgsig7yx.jpg]
A new range of internet based services... Coming Soon(ish)! - www.fortheinter.net
08-03-2005 09:43 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Svip
Board's Foremost Baby-Eater

I eat babies.

37 / Other / Flag
RE: RE: Rant against good for nothing MS bashers.
quote:

Wrong. Many server mainframes are using Linux instead of Windows, and using Linux viruses would cause a much more serious effect on the Internet, and thus giving the reason to make Linux viruses a much better reason instead of Windows viruses.

Maybe most people wont see the viruses as most people uses Windows, but this might also be the best for the virus makers.

And a lot of people know this, but why are there no viruses for Linux? Perhaps because you can't write them? Hmmm?

EDIT: Oh and, I don't hate MS without reasoning. I have a lot of reasons why I hate MS.

This post was edited on 08-03-2005 at 10:21 AM by Svip.
[Image: weredoomed4ds.png]
08-03-2005 10:19 AM
Max

34 / Male / –
Wink  RE: Rant against good for nothing MS bashers.
You are right, thanks for correcting me. :)
08-03-2005 10:22 AM
user27089
Disabled Account

Chaotic Shield, a lot of the features that you just spoke about, were using stuff that would allow windows drivers, and windows features on Linux. There is no point, people like Linux because it's "open source", I mean, come on, a lot of people wouldn't understand how to use it. Just because it is open source, doesn't mean it is any better at all.

Windows is the base of most programs that are available to download, and the programs that you do download generally have more features for Windows than any other operating system, like Mac for instance, there are programs that you can download for a windows computer that would be packed with features, and then you will download one for a macintosh and the features will be crap, simply because less people use the Mac. I mean, come on, everybody has heard of windows and used windows in their life time, I bet the minority have even seen a Mac in use.
08-03-2005 10:27 AM
Svip

I eat babies.

37 / Other / Flag
Hey, you are forgetting something, Linux don't want to wipe out the market from Microsoft, as it knows that it currently can't ( because a lot of people are locked within Windows, because of programs/games only written for Windows ).

So Linux just want people who want to try something different, Linux also knows that it wins on the server market. So Linux wont die any time soon.

And Microsoft is going to write it's own Linux distro soon.
08-03-2005 10:32 AM
user27089
Disabled Account

I'm not dissing Linux at all, I like using Ubuntu, I use it when I'm bored and there is nothing else to do :).
08-03-2005 10:35 AM
saralk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
I wrote my business studies coursework on Microsoft's monopoly (i got 98% in it :D), I will upload it here

p.s. ignore the methodology, I didn't finish that and so left it out.

.doc File Attachment: microsoft.doc (188.5 KB)
This file has been downloaded 415 time(s).

This post was edited on 08-03-2005 at 11:13 AM by saralk.
The Artist Formerly Known As saralk
London · New York · Paris
Est. 1989
08-03-2005 11:12 AM
user27089
Disabled Account

That is a really well researched and well wrote essay, I read like the whole of it, and it was really good (y).

kisses. :kiss:.
08-03-2005 11:31 AM
Svip

I eat babies.

37 / Other / Flag
The only real error is that you state the Firefox is based on Netscape ( which it is not ), Firefox is based on the Gecko engine, which is also created by the Mozilla Foundation. Firefox is therefore based on Mozilla, Firebird and Phoniex.
08-03-2005 11:45 AM
Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: