What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » New add-on for MSN Messenger

Pages: (7): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 7 » Last »
New add-on for MSN Messenger
Author: Message:
user27089
Disabled Account

RE: New add-on for MSN Messenger
quote:
Originally posted by bgarrun

(ii) use certain personal information that you have submitted to your instant messenger provider."

Is that not against the Data Protection act, I think that may have been brought up earlier on in the thread. But by doing so, you're surely breaking some federal laws. This program is full of things that it says it does which I doubt it really does. It's just a waste of time and won't do your computer any good at all. You're just going to be ruining peoples computers, nothing more, nothing less. The victims that download it are naive, and I feel sorry for them.
08-09-2005 05:29 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
mwe99
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by traxor

Is that not against the Data Protection act,
The victims that download it are naive, and I feel sorry for them.

It is, as it is not described HOW and WHY the information is collected make sit illegal. The Main Points are below:

Personal data must be processed fairly and lawfully + at least one of the processing conditions is met,

Personal data shall be obtained only for one or more specified and lawful purposes, and shall not be further processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose or those purposes.

Personal data shall be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purpose or purposes for which they are processed.

Personal data processed for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.

Data subjects (downloaded users) have the right to have inaccurate data amended or deleted.
08-09-2005 05:32 PM
M73A
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
smiley central comes to mind

[Image: lost7ru.gif]
08-09-2005 05:38 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
I unfourtunately installed this program, but if you say that it is dangerous [and you do] and if I believe you [which I do] I will uninstall this software. I give noone the right to use my computer as a book.

That's my 2 cents
[Image: msghelp.net.png]
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
08-09-2005 05:49 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
kipper2258

My advise to anyone is not to install, and if you have to uninstall and run Ad-Aware & Spybot just to be sure. But this is what I have been saying from that start, its an advertising scam, and remains very similar in its structure to SimleyCentral.
[Image: w2m/]
Yeah - Im a kipper - A salted fish...
The fish inside me's Blog.

World domination!
08-09-2005 05:58 PM
NiteMare
Veteran Member

Giga-Byte me

36 / Male / Flag
"In order to receive the benefits provided by the SweetIM Software, you hereby grant permission for the SweetIM Software to  utilize the processor and bandwidth of your computer (ii) use certain personal information that you have submitted to your instant messenger provider."

HAHAHA, yeah right i'm going to let you use my prossesor and bandwith, and i'm not giving ANY of my personal info out, this program is a smileycentral copy
[Image: sig/]
I'll never forget what she said 6659 days, 5 hours, 18 minutes, 9 seconds ago
Need hosting? Check
out my website. we can help you out :)
08-09-2005 06:49 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
bunnysrfunny

33 / Male / –
OMG that is so kool.Chopster
08-09-2005 09:56 PM
multimillion2k

– / Male / –
I installed your program yesterday, and I didn't find anything wrong with it at all. In fact I was rather impressed, I think there's a lot of potential.

However, you're marketing it all wrong, and indeed you do sound like smiley central - I don't have to state that many people have bad experiences after installing it, and it is only logical that anything that sounds remotely good is now treated suspiciously.

I'm a fan of MsgPlus, I've been using it for years. I don't remember how I first came upon it but I know most of my contacts now use it simply because I recommended it to them. I don't think I've noticed a single ad yet it's a well known piece of software.
If your program is really good, people will pass it on by word of mouth (or messenger). You won't need to worry about promoting it.
08-10-2005 02:04 AM
mwe99
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by multimillion2k

However, you're marketing it all wrong, and indeed you do sound like smiley central - I don't have to state that many people have bad experiences after installing it, and it is only logical that anything that sounds remotely good is now treated suspiciously.

I do agree with that, i installed it and didnt detect any software, however as you did contradict yourself a few times it has put me off the software until a later date. Dont give up though (Y) :)
08-10-2005 03:05 AM
kipper2258

quote:
Originally posted by mwe99

I do agree with that, i installed it and didnt detect any software, however as you did contradict yourself a few times it has put me off the software until a later date. Dont give up though

I'm still staying away from it until a few more say its good ;), and also from the point I will be the only person on my contact list with it, it's even hard to find someone with MSNPlus with the people I talk to, the fact most of them are on linux may be a reason. ;)
[Image: w2m/]
Yeah - Im a kipper - A salted fish...
The fish inside me's Blog.

World domination!
08-10-2005 07:59 AM
Pages: (7): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 7 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites