What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Don't do drugs

Pages: (11): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
Don't do drugs
Author: Message:
Ben™

O.P. Don't do drugs
Despite what you may think from the thread title, this is a very serious thread and a very serious plea to all of you, asking you to never, ever do drugs. This is why:

The past Monday, I found out that on the Saturday, my girlfriend was in hospital. She told me on the Monday which explained why I couldnt contact her on the Saturday. I originally thought it wa sbecause she had a bad flu (as she did), but tonight I found out it was MUCH worse. I infact found out that she was in there because on the Friday night, she was "expeimenting" with some friends, and overdosed on a drug (which she wont tell me which it was or how she got it). She was then taken to the emergency room to have her stomach pumped.
Having heard this, I am now scared for her life. Her friends tell me she was very close to dieing. You do not have a clue how scared I am. I almost cried.

Having heard this, I really do hope this puts you off (or at least discourages you) drugs for good. I myself would never touch a drug with a 10ft barge pole, and never will.

Thank you for reading.
BetaXP.net    |    Mess.be
08-26-2005 01:30 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
mwe99
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
RE: Don't do drugs
Hi Ben, firstly its great you feel confident enough to talk about this type of situation.

Secondly, I think you need to talk to your girlfriend about what she is doing, don't try to stop her because chances are she will just rebel and get worse; explain calmly one-on-one how it makes you feel and if she truly feels enough for you, she will take your opinion and stop.

If she wants to but cannot stop, seek professional help, and stick by her :)

Whatever you do, don't ignore or leave her at this moment because it's quite a crucial part of her life - try it once and stop, or carry on.

Good Luck (Y)

This post was edited on 08-26-2005 at 01:45 PM by mwe99.
08-26-2005 01:36 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Jhrono
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
Damn, i see you like her a lot...Be on top of what she does on future times...Bla, say no to drugs and tabbaco ! :S...Another soldier goes down...
08-26-2005 01:37 PM
Tasha

31 / Female / Flag
Damn, i'm really sorry to hear that. :(
Hopefully she'll think twice now if she is ever offered them again. I myself would never touch drugs, as I know what risks there are.
Give her a little time, then ask her what happened again. She'll come round, she just needs time to realize what happened herself.
I give you and her my best wishes. :) (y)
www.mycutelobster.co.uk
"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry,
but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"
08-26-2005 01:42 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Supersonicdarky
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
RE: RE: Don't do drugs
quote:
Originally posted by Johny
say no to drugs

[time killing joke]
I said no to drugs, but they just wouldn't listen...
[/time killing joke]

but yes you are right, when i was about 8 i watched so many movies and documentaries about drugs, that now it makes me sick just thinking about it. Hope your girlfriend stays alright
08-26-2005 01:42 PM
Max

34 / Male / –
Sorry to hear about that. :(
08-26-2005 01:52 PM
Rubber Stamp

It Was Never Random

34 / Male / –
i hope she gets out of hospital real soon, fully recovered and deaddicted.
SAY NO TO DRUGS ALCHOHOL AND SMOKING!
08-26-2005 01:59 PM
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
Well... even though I can't honestly say I know for a fact that I'll never try drugs.. I know that if I do I'll understand and have to accept the consequences....

But! I hope she's alright.... I've had more than one girlfriend who's needed their stomaches pumped (lack of eating).... One of them had an eating disorder... the other was so sick that she couldn't keep anything down.... But they both turned out alright... So I think she should do fine....

I dunno if you have a problem with her trying the drug, which I'd imagine you do... But I'd wait to confront her about it until she's feeling well again, for all you know you could be all she's hanging on to right now.
08-26-2005 02:01 PM
mwe99
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Rubber Stamp

SAY NO TO DRUGS ALCHOHOL AND SMOKING!

You can't just say 'no' as it is, people suffer from lots of pressure, for example peer pressure, especially with alcohol and smoking and drugs
08-26-2005 02:07 PM
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by mwe99
You can't just say 'no' as it is, people suffer from lots of pressure, for example peer pressure, especially with alcohol and smoking and drugs

Peer pressure sucks.... But I usually don't give in to it.... and about saying no to alcohol... I firmly believe that alcohol isn't a bad thing (like smoking and drugs)... AS LONG AS!  you do it in decent amounts, and you drink responsibly..... I used to smoke a bit... but I quit on that habit as soon as I realized that it could seriously screw up some things I have going for me in my life.... Drugs... Well they're just all around bad.... I mean.... I've taken vicadin illegally a few times... but I did it for pain.....

Tobacco is a bit different too.... I mean, I wouldn't ever smoke a cigar, but I love the smell of cigar smoke.... and chew... well, Tried it once, really didn't like the flavor at all, and it's pretty pointless... So i'd never do it again.
08-26-2005 02:12 PM
Pages: (11): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: