What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Don't do drugs

Pages: (11): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 7 8 9 » Last »
Don't do drugs
Author: Message:
DJeX
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
RE: Don't do drugs
quote:
Originally posted by Dane
Ok, first off, im going to go off into a rant-type-story here, so skip this post if you're not up for reading it.

XxRebelSeanxX, its that kind of thinking that ends up hurting people.  "I've only done it 4x, another time wont hurt me"...thats the mindset drug addicts get into, and once you're there, you pretty much stay their unless you enter lockup.

Both of my siblings have had serious drug problems and everyday it makes me think more and more about how I will not EVER do drugs and up like them.  My sister recovered and has been clean for 6 years now, and my brother is still actively refusing that he is addicted.  His addiction, you might ask?  Marijuana.  And dont give me bullshit about it not being addicting, he likes the high and thats the addiction, he kept going back and now its a mental state for him to take weed whenever he is stressed.

Weed, Alcohol, Cigarettes, all of it does the same thing.  It addicts you.  And once you're in, you need to be locked in a facility with tight screening of visitors before you get better.  When I used to go see my sister when I was younger and she was in, they would literally check us down to our socks to ensure we didnt have drugs to pass on to her or any of the other addicts.  Its not a fun thing being locked in a drug institution either.

So, before you pick up a drug, think about the consequences that will more than likely happen as a result. One things for certain...if you're doing drugs constantly, you are not going to know me much longer.

Hope things work out for you and her, Ben!

I agree 100%.

My 2 uncles and cousin are both almost brain dead because of drugs. My cousin is the worst though. She sees things and she even some times according to her she says she’s talking to Leonardo de Vinci and they have good conversations. My cousin is now classified as a schizophrenic. She snaps at any time. Right now she’s livening in one of those places where you go and they take care of you since she has no money and can't think like we do.

My uncle’s life is ruined too from drugs. Well both of my uncles. One of them got so deeply depressed from the pain killers he was OD ing on with a mix of some other drug, he tried killing himself with sleeping pills. He took the whole bottle. After about two weeks of not hearing from him my grandpa (his dad) went to his apartment to find him passed out on the couch. He slept for two weeks, and if my grandpa wouldn't have found him he would have died.

My other uncle cooked his brain from drugs. He did so much he now has a chemical imbalance in his brain which causes him to be instantly depressed or extremely angry. He’s been to the nut house a couple of times because he’s destroyed whole apartment rooms, smashed solid cast iron pans in two. So he’s basically a psychotic waiting to snap. And to end all this, all three my cousin and 2 uncles are on medication to supposedly help but it don’t.

Drugs ruin you. Right now my Mom is quitting smoking. She’s having a tough time but I keep praying that she will come through. From drugs I’ve lost part of my family, it’s too bad because at one time I really liked those people but now I can’t even have a conversation with them because its like talking to a zombie, there in front of you but nobody is home upstairs.
[Image: top.gif]
08-27-2005 03:51 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
RE: RE: Don't do drugs
quote:
Originally posted by mwe99
quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition
, you have serious issues ¬¬

True, there are lots of natural highs anyways, try going for a 5 mile run and see how you feel when you come back... tired but you'll feel happy. Or if you need to stressrelief try kickboxing... today my dog got put down and i was deverstated, quite frankly i thought anyone who annoys me will get floored but then i just calmed down and told myself all the comforting crap... i didnt need drugs to get over that

True , its the adrenaline, same effect of some beer...

You can say oh.. i can quit anytime, but you cant realize ur addicted...

This post was edited on 08-27-2005 at 03:54 AM by Voldemort.
*All posts are a purely speculative hypothesis based on abstract reasoning.
Not my daughter, you bitch!
[Image: ico-mollytrix16.gif]
08-27-2005 03:51 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
RebelSean
Veteran Member

Microsoft Evangelist

33 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Don't do drugs
quote:
Originally posted by Dane
XxRebelSeanxX, its that kind of thinking that ends up hurting people.  "I've only done it 4x, another time wont hurt me"...thats the mindset drug addicts get into, and once you're there, you pretty much stay their unless you enter lockup.

Weed, Alcohol, Cigarettes, all of it does the same thing.  It addicts you.  And once you're in, you need to be locked in a facility with tight screening of visitors before you get better.  When I used to go see my sister when I was younger and she was in, they would literally check us down to our socks to ensure we didnt have drugs to pass on to her or any of the other addicts.  Its not a fun thing being locked in a drug institution either.

So, before you pick up a drug, think about the consequences that will more than likely happen as a result. One things for certain...if you're doing drugs constantly, you are not going to know me much longer.

Hope things work out for you and her, Ben!

No, you got me wrong. I would not consider myself as actually doing them, I have tried them on a few occasions. As I said, I am not a drug addict, and I have not did it for months. I tried it, first time I liked it, tried it again and I relized I did not like it. I am responsible enough not to get addicted to something, and I have a strong enough mind to do anything else.

Another thing, you say that if you try it one time you are addicted. That's not true. The first time I have ever drank any alchohol I drank 3-4 shots of jack daniels, I did not get addicted. I do it now when I am at a party, and I do it because I am responsible and mature enough to make that decision. Both of my grandfathers are alchoholics, and I sure as hell will not end up like them.

I am old enough now to make my own decisions, weither they be wrong or right. If I decide I want to drink, and I know when enough is enough and I am mentaly strong enough not to get addicted then I think I can drink as much as I want. On the contrary, I do not want to make it look like I am a alchoholic because I'm not :p.
I'm on: Twitter, Facebook, and Neowin
08-27-2005 04:14 AM
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Ben™
Despite what you may think from the thread title, this is a very serious thread and a very serious plea to all of you, asking you to never, ever do drugs. This is why:

The past Monday, I found out that on the Saturday, my girlfriend was in hospital. She told me on the Monday which explained why I couldnt contact her on the Saturday. I originally thought it wa sbecause she had a bad flu (as she did), but tonight I found out it was MUCH worse. I infact found out that she was in there because on the Friday night, she was "expeimenting" with some friends, and overdosed on a drug (which she wont tell me which it was or how she got it). She was then taken to the emergency room to have her stomach pumped.
Having heard this, I am now scared for her life. Her friends tell me she was very close to dieing. You do not have a clue how scared I am. I almost cried.

Having heard this, I really do hope this puts you off (or at least discourages you) drugs for good. I myself would never touch a drug with a 10ft barge pole, and never will.

Thank you for reading.

i have dun 2 Drugs in my life.  but i have a female friend that does it an has tried to kill herself, by OD'ing, sahe also ended up in hospital, , now she has ruined her life an self esteem, she was an still is on "speed"  the sad thing is, she has a daughter also, i know kids arent stupid, her daughter will have realised or wil lrealise what was happening as the daughter saw the mother in hospital, i personally dont think she's fit enough to be a mother, but what im saying is, i do not have any sympathy for people that do take drugs, on a regular basis,  when i did drugs i only did Hash an marijuana, but i also had the common sense to know when enuff was enuff i stopped doing them.
08-27-2005 04:24 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

Don't worry, I will never take any severe drugs, I won't say that I won't use marijuana ever as there is a chance of medical purpouses, this also exludes morphine by the way...

I hope everything is okay...
08-27-2005 09:03 AM
Kryptonate
Veteran Member

37 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by XxRebelSeanxX
No, you got me wrong. I would not consider myself as actually doing them, I have tried them on a few occasions. As I said, I am not a drug addict, and I have not did it for months. I tried it, first time I liked it, tried it again and I relized I did not like it. I am responsible enough not to get addicted to something, and I have a strong enough mind to do anything else.
If you didn't like it the second time, then why was there a third and fourth time?

quote:
Another thing, you say that if you try it one time you are addicted. That's not true. The first time I have ever drank any alchohol I drank 3-4 shots of jack daniels, I did not get addicted. I do it now when I am at a party, and I do it because I am responsible and mature enough to make that decision. Both of my grandfathers are alchoholics, and I sure as hell will not end up like them.
He didn't say that, he said that people who think like that won't have any difficulty to become a drugs addict. Big difference.

You don't get addicted to liquor because you did it once, that's the same with everything. It's just that when you try things out your body wants more and more after a while, that's when you are addicted.

Btw, saying that you drink because you're mature enough is a good reason for you not to drink. This proves that you're not mature enough for it.

quote:
Originally posted by MC Inferno

i used to smoke alot of weed, my uncle had a heroin adiction and alot of my family take drugs, although i jus smoke bifta's now and dont do anythin else, I still think all drugs should be legal and taxed. sorry if this offends any1 but i do. id say why, but its 4 in the mornin and im fuckt lol
Drugs haven't done anyone any good, unless they are used for medical reasons and even then you should be carefull. Haven't these stories you read in this thread (well, I hope you have read them) make you think any different about drugs? It has a big possibilty to ruin lives.
08-27-2005 12:00 PM
emit
Disabled Account

We're all gonna die sometime, enjoy life to the fullest - try everything once.
08-27-2005 02:52 PM
Stigmata
Veteran Member

20 / Other / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Time
We're all gonna die sometime, enjoy life to the fullest - try everything once.

i guess try things, but dont go over the top.

stand your ground.

* Stigmata is a non-smoker and anti-drugs.

Ben, i wish you and your girlfriend all the best :)
08-27-2005 03:07 PM
RebelSean
Veteran Member

Microsoft Evangelist

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Kryptonate
quote:
If you didn't like it the second time, then why was there a third and fourth time?

The real answer to that question, is because, honestly, I can.

quote:
Originally posted by Kryptonate

Btw, saying that you drink because you're mature enough is a good reason for you not to drink. This proves that you're not mature enough for it.

Okay then, the reason I drink is because I like it, it tastes good, and I like the buzz off of it. Good enough reason now :p?
I'm on: Twitter, Facebook, and Neowin
08-27-2005 04:23 PM
dennis

RIGHT IN THE NUTS

hmmm in my life ive got offered by drugs so many times... i even got offered to people i never even seen. and poeple just come up to me in the middle of nowhere and say i got the best weed ever you want some... and everytime i do not hesitate to say NO
08-27-2005 04:23 PM
Pages: (11): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 7 8 9 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: