What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Msn Features.. New Feature Ideas...

Pages: (5): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
Msn Features.. New Feature Ideas...
Author: Message:
LittleK

Wo0p-Wo0p..

34 / Female / –
O.P. Grin  Msn Features.. New Feature Ideas...
Basically, i was thinking about what people might want to see on msn...and was talking with a few people about new features and stuff. I came up with a couple.. ones my favorite - open/close notifier.

Now ive only found one working version, on Messenger Discovery X, which i think rox, and so did stuffplug NG (or has it changed back to stuff plug yet? :P) up untill msn 7.0 where it all went pair shaped. Msgplus should do something about open/close notifier.

Amongst other things i thought of were:

Nickname logs - bring back up previous nicknames (useful in my opinion for when changing names for a short second)

Email Viewing - Aswell as seeing what song the contact is playing, maybe seeing what website there looking at aswell ;) could be very interesting..obviously it will have to be looked into because of tabbed IE's and various IE's being opened, different browsers ect..but would sure make MSN that little extra exciting :P

Custom Emoticons in names - Using your own custom emoticons in your msn name, self explanitory.

Something to do with the groups on msn - No attention is really paid to the seperate groups we use, they havent got colour, emoticons, pictures ect.. goddamn its 2005!

Webcams - See if the persons using there webcams.. if you have two contacts who know each other, ex. "Jonny is in a Webcam Conversation with Jenny"

What does everyone think? And has anyone got any other ideas? Post Em! :D

This post was edited on 08-28-2005 at 03:54 PM by LittleK.
[Image: style3,LittleK.png]
08-28-2005 03:53 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
optimism_

Ctrl+Alt+Del - Tragically l337

37 / Male / –
RE: Msn Features.. New Feature Ideas...
quote:
Originally posted by LittleK
Now ive only found one working version, on Messenger Discovery X, which i think rox, and so did stuffplug NG (or has it changed back to stuff plug yet? :P) up untill msn 7.0 where it all went pair shaped. Msgplus should do something about open/close notifier.

The protocol MSN Messenger uses changed with version 7. There is no longer a reliable way to tell when someone opens or closes a conversation window.

quote:
Email Viewing - Aswell as seeing what song the contact is playing, maybe seeing what website there looking at aswell ;) could be very interesting..obviously it will have to be looked into because of tabbed IE's and various IE's being opened, different browsers ect..but would sure make MSN that little extra exciting :P

Invasion of Privacy.

quote:
Custom Emoticons in names - Using your own custom emoticons in your msn name, self explanitory.

Not possible due to the fact that the remote contacts do not have the custom emoticons and what tags identify them on their computers.

quote:
Webcams - See if the persons using there webcams.. if you have two contacts who know each other, ex. "Jonny is in a Webcam Conversation with Jenny"

Invasion of Privacy. logistical nightmare. Might have to invole the msn servers themselves keeping tabs on them, but then thats too much load on the server, for no real benefit. Good luck getting msn to agree to that.
HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found
08-28-2005 03:59 PM
mwe99
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
Most of the ideas you suggested are illegal due to an invasion of privacy

Open/Close - is unreliable due to the way MSN works
Email viewing is already there, websites they are viewing is invasion of privacy
Custom emotes in names can not be done
Groups?
Webcams - another invasion of privacy.
08-28-2005 04:00 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
LittleK

Wo0p-Wo0p..

34 / Female / –
O.P. RE: RE: Msn Features.. New Feature Ideas...
quote:
Originally posted by optimism_
quote:

The protocol MSN Messenger uses changed with version 7. There is no longer a reliable way to tell when someone opens or closes a conversation window.

quote:

Invasion of Privacy.

quote:

Not possible due to the fact that the remote contacts do not have the custom emoticons and what tags identify them on their computers.

quote:

Invasion of Privacy. logistical nightmare. Might have to invole the msn servers themselves keeping tabs on them, but then thats too much load on the server, for no real benefit. Good luck getting msn to agree to that.

For one, you could say alot of things released are invasion of privacys, everytime you look at someones song, thats invading there privacy, but like i said, the contact has a CHOICE in the matter, wether they choose to show people. Its always nice to have a choice. And ok, if its completley not possible, then fair enough, but didnt people think the world was flat? :P

This post was edited on 08-28-2005 at 04:03 PM by LittleK.
08-28-2005 04:02 PM
mwe99
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
Its still invasion of privacy by getting the information and ivading their privacy by knowing what song they listen to and when clicked takes you to buy the song hardly isnt...
08-28-2005 04:05 PM
LittleK

Wo0p-Wo0p..

34 / Female / –
O.P. RE: Msn Features.. New Feature Ideas...
quote:
Originally posted by mwe99
Most of the ideas you suggested are illegal due to an invasion of privacy

Open/Close - is unreliable due to the way MSN works
Email viewing is already there, websites they are viewing is invasion of privacy
Custom emotes in names can not be done
Groups?
Webcams - another invasion of privacy.

Open/Close - with messenger discovery x, mine is 95% reliable. Fact, ive checked it out with my contacts.
Email Viweing - above thread
Custom emoticons - fair enough
Groups - could be something looked into, still as a little add on, cant be too much hard work.
Webcams - above thread
08-28-2005 04:06 PM
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
quote:
    quote:Originally posted by LittleK
    Email Viewing - Aswell as seeing what song the contact is playing, maybe seeing what website there looking at aswell could be very interesting..obviously it will have to be looked into because of tabbed IE's and various IE's being opened, different browsers ect..but would sure make MSN that little extra exciting

Invasion of Privacy.

quote:
    quote:Originally posted by LittleK

quote:
For one, you could say alot of things released are invasion of privacys, everytime you look at someones song, thats invading there privacy, but like i said, the contact has a CHOICE in the matter, wether they choose to show people. Its always nice to have a choice. And ok, if its completley not possible, then fair enough, but didnt people think the world was flat?

I don't think it would be an invasion of privacy if they put a checkbox that they wanted people to see it... Like the... "turn on the what am I listening to".... it could be... "turn on the where am i surfing the net" feature... I dunno... it'd have to be worded different... haha... could be a hastle for people that are frequent into XXX sites though.
08-28-2005 04:11 PM
optimism_

Ctrl+Alt+Del - Tragically l337

37 / Male / –
And what if you have more than one window open. and what if a site has popups? and what if you use IE or opera or firefox, or avant, or lynx, or mozilla or act10 etc etc etc. how is msgplus supposed to know where to get the address to show?
HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found
08-28-2005 04:13 PM
LittleK

Wo0p-Wo0p..

34 / Female / –
O.P. RE: RE: Msn Features.. New Feature Ideas...
quote:
I don't think it would be an invasion of privacy if they put a checkbox that they wanted people to see it... Like the... "turn on the what am I listening to".... it could be... "turn on the where am i surfing the net" feature... I dunno... it'd have to be worded different... haha... could be a hastle for people that are frequent into XXX sites though.

Indeed, check boxs were the idea i had aswell, as long as they CONSENT and they know what there doing, its all legal... ;) which reminds me of the XXX part.. i dont think they should switch it on whilst there BUSY.. lol (6)

This post was edited on 08-28-2005 at 04:15 PM by LittleK.
08-28-2005 04:14 PM
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
quote:
Indeed, check boxs were the idea i had aswell, as long as they CONSENT and they know what there doing, its all legal... which reminds me of the XXX part.. i dont think they should switch it on whilst there BUSY.. lol

Lol yes... with the Winamp plug-ins on the What Am I Listening to feature I had that problem for a while ;)... I downgraded my version of winamp to where I can't watch videos now though.... PROBLEM SOLVED THERE! :pound:
08-28-2005 04:18 PM
Pages: (5): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: