What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Intresting fact about Open/Close convo notifier....

Pages: (5): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 » Last »
Intresting fact about Open/Close convo notifier....
Author: Message:
FrozenDaggers

I shoot people.

35 / Female / Flag
RE: RE: Intresting fact about Open/Close convo notifier....
quote:
Originally posted by LittleK
quote:
Originally posted by FrozenDaggers

If you can't take criticism and opinions on suggestions you shouldn't post >.<

an opinions fine, but not sure why you have to say open convo notifier's useless, if it was, no one would create it.

I did say I think, and we all know I don't think for everyone else... so it was an OPINION! :(
08-30-2005 11:34 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
RE: Intresting fact about Open/Close convo notifier....
Well... the new stuffplug beta from theblasphemer has an accurate window open notifier... I'm not sure how accurate... but so far it hasn't been inaccurate for me.
08-30-2005 11:36 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
KeyStorm
Elite Member

Inn-sewer-ants-pollie-sea

38 / Male / –
C'mon, stfu. Don't make an argument out of this.

The thing is that open convo nitifier may be interesting when you're expecting some answer from somedy who's idling or when someone special for you logs in and maybe tries to say something but they don't dare. Not that those things happen all the days, but heres some _reason_ for my opinion. Don't just say "openconvo alerts suck", cause it has no fundament.

Now, back to topic. I don't think this sort of workaround would help much because you yourself cause a openconvo on the other side and it's a dort of overkill, imo. However it might be helpful in certain special cases indeed, I suppose.
08-30-2005 11:40 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
toddy
Veteran Member

kcus uoy

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Intresting fact about Open/Close convo notifier....
quote:
Ok, yet again bad comments. Bye.

chavs never stay around for long do they <3 :p

as others have said, open notifier is pretty pointless. if someone opens your convo window then they are either gonna say somthing to you which u will receive a few seconds later. or they did it by accident in which case it doesn't matter. surpose some people like to know when others open convo's with them ......

This post was edited on 08-31-2005 at 01:34 AM by toddy.
08-31-2005 01:12 AM
LittleK

Wo0p-Wo0p..

34 / Female / –
O.P. RE: Intresting fact about Open/Close convo notifier....
quote:
Originally posted by toddy
chavs never stay around for long do they <3

You know me and my outburts toddy, im not going though <3 x

quote:
Originally posted by toddy
as others have said, open notifier is pretty pointless. if someone opens your convo window then they are either gonna say somthing to you which u will receive a few seconds later. or they did it by accident in which case it doesn't matter. surpose some people like to know when others open convo's with them ......

I guess it is pointless, but it cant be that pointless if people make the program, its common sence goddamn it! But, for me i like it, tells me if people are lying and theyre there when they say they arnt, if im waiting for some to come back, helps, ect ect. But each to thier own :P
[Image: style3,LittleK.png]
08-31-2005 01:36 AM
KeyStorm
Elite Member

Inn-sewer-ants-pollie-sea

38 / Male / –
It's like knowing who's calling you even when they hang up before you can get the call. So it's basically the same, some might find it useful, some don't. but I'm sure you always check on your cell, don't you? :P
08-31-2005 04:25 AM
multimillion2k

– / Male / –
Little Miss Meep, those are some excellent ideas. While the idea of being able to distinguish between real and false alerts 2 minutes after the actual alert is pointless, you can probably use them for the other reasons you stated.
Unfortunately, I think the people who want to know these things are jealous girlfriends or government spies. I hope you make a good spy.. :p
08-31-2005 04:53 AM
LittleK

Wo0p-Wo0p..

34 / Female / –
O.P. RE: Intresting fact about Open/Close convo notifier....
quote:
Originally posted by qgroessl
Well... the new stuffplug beta from theblasphemer has an accurate window open notifier... I'm not sure how accurate... but so far it hasn't been inaccurate for me.

90% Id say. Messenger DX was more accurate :|

quote:
Originally posted by KeyStorm

It's like knowing who's calling you even when they hang up before you can get the call. So it's basically the same, some might find it useful, some don't. but I'm sure you always check on your cell, don't you?

Indeed :P Can be used as a block checker aswell, because it logs even if they click once in main screen, which is good. I find it quite useful!

quote:
Originally posted by multimillion2k
Unfortunately, I think the people who want to know these things are jealous girlfriends or government spies. I hope you make a good spy..

Oh an excellent spy! :D Nah, its boredom mainley. Just trying to find out how it works and what not, thought id see what other people thought
[Image: style3,LittleK.png]
08-31-2005 11:25 AM
Millenium_edition
Veteran Member

i'm sorry, but this thread just soudns like pure common sense :s

on another note
quote:
I guess it is pointless, but it cant be that pointless if people make the program, its common sence goddamn it!
it was made because it was accurate before... but TB has added it again for all those idiots who don't seem ot understand the reason why it was removed. it's an easy concept: people whine about something possible but totally inaccurate, instead of arguing with them you just give them what they want. too bad for them, isn't it?
08-31-2005 04:13 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
As you all know, open convo notifier isnt 100% reliable because of Microsoft "clicks" to retrieve your DP...

But alas, to figure out a geniune "click" from a microsoft one, do this:

When you get a pop up saying someones opened your convo, click it to open theres too.

Leave it open, but minimize it

Usually, if a person hasnt spoke in the convo, it most likley means its a microsoft click. BUT, after around 2 minutes, if it says the person has left the convo before theyve spoke, for me it means its a geniune click and theyve closed the box again. If nothing happens and the convo stays open, theyve either opened it and left it, or its a microsoft click.. The way to distinguish the two is simple: If youve spoke to the person earlier in the day, its a geniune click because microsoft already has the DP's. If you havent spoke to them yet, its a microsoft click.

Now it all seems a little jumbled up i know, and probably wrong because of many things
(they could just leave the convo open, but i dont know anyone who does that...)
but it could be looked into and hey i might be right :P

Thoughts?
[Image: huh23wa.jpg][
Must be cuz I havent gotten much sleep....
quote:
The thing is that open convo nitifier may be interesting...when someone special for you logs in and maybe tries to say something but they don't dare.
LMAO Thats the first intresting reason Ive heard to have a open convo notifier

Close convo I find more useful because it shows if a person really wants to talk to you or not.

This post was edited on 09-01-2005 at 05:25 PM by riahc4.
08-31-2005 04:27 PM
Pages: (5): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: